Chapter 3: Objective
31 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I leave my hospital room and look at the rooms near me to see if the others are next to me. As I enter it appears I am correct. The first room I entered had Kaiden, the second Hanna, and the last was Melia. Seeing them okay has lifted some of the weight off my shoulder. Before I leave the hospital, I leave a trail of magic, so I don't get lost trying to find it. As I walk around some people give me stares, probably due to the scabbard I have on my back but there's no blade so I'm fine.

Eventually, I find a small park and sit down on a bench and think. I walked a decent while to find this place too. So, it should take a while to get back. Not that I have anything to do if I do go back. Besides watching over my friends anyway. So I need to reach our base camp in Plumeria. That's going to be hard considering I'm in central California and miles away from the ocean.

If I had a way to get to the ocean to rent a boat or even a plane it would be easy. Though it would still be time-consuming because I still have to find Plumeria. But I have a GPS of the location so I suppose it should go faster. Well, the members anyway. Another problem is money. I do have gold, lots of reserve gold from Tsev. I should be able to exchange it somewhere. Probably a jewelry store since they would want it to make stuff.

I could also do a pawn shop, but I don't know the location of one. I have only seen the TV series about it when I was a kid so I wouldn't really know. I could use my phone to find one, but it could possibly die before I get there which would be annoying. I open the magic bag and look for the money pouch. Why the hell do we have a pouch in a bag anyway? For the sake of convenience, I guess.

I open the pouch and use magic to count the coins because I'm too lazy. Plus, I'm no longer in a war zone or in danger so using magic carelessly isn't a huge problem now either. Well, for now anyway. The magic then creates a number out of purple dust counting to 200 gold coins. Hm. Never thought I had that much saved up. Well, I didn't really spend my money on anything besides food, rooms, and armor. I'll exchange half the gold. Never know when I might need the gold coins again for being back in Plumeria, or any other neighboring nation.

I ask nearby people if they know a jewelry store close by, and they all point me to one in Sierra Vista mall. This place. I haven't been here since I was isekaied. I make my way inside and see many stores. Stores like Old Navy, GameStop, and food places. I ignore them since they aren't what I am looking for. I eventually found the jewelry store, as I had passed by it by accident. I walk in and ask to exchange gold for dollar bills with a lady in white with short hair.

Lady: "You want to exchange gold?"

Link: "Yeah, that's what I said."

Lady: "We're going to have to check if it's real and other stuff."

I put my hand in the bag and pulled out a coin from the pouch and gave it to her.

Lady: "I'll be back."

Some time passes and she returns.

Lady: "We have identified it as real. Each coin you bring in can be exchanged for around 2000 dollars or more."

Link: "Well, I'd like to exchange a hundred gold coins." 

I pull out 99 other coins to go with the one she holds. She nods and tells me to follow her to the back. We sit down in chairs, and she calls in someone to bring in money for 100 gold coins. Which would be around 200,000. A dude comes through with a suitcase of money. She counts the money and then gives it to me to also count. I use magic on the ground to count it and make sure they don't notice. I would count it normally, but I may miscount or just miss which would annoy me.

As the magic is finished it says it's 220,000 dollars. I finish pretending to count and agree to the exchange. I pull out the magic bag and put all the money inside. I make my way out of the store and decide to get some food. I walk around until I enter a place randomly and get some fries with bacon and cheese. Definitely not food or healthy but I didn't really care at the time. I also got some lemonade with it. The meal cost around 14 dollars.

As I sat down to eat my meal, a crash could be heard. I look out the window and see people running. I finish my meal and drink relatively quickly and walk outside. A man runs past me.

Link: I grab the man "Hey what's going on?" 

Man: "T-There's a pig attacking everyone! I need to find my friends so please let me go!"

Link: "Huh, alright then." I let him go

He runs off. He's probably not looking for his friends. Or maybe he is. I can't really judge him though. I make my way back towards the center of the mall as that's where the people are coming from. As I enter the mall a pig man is swinging a ball and chain. I look at the pig and it looks like a forced mutation of a man and pig together. A disgusting hybrid. 

I look around and see others on the ground injured. Someone even got their arm detached. Broken bones for everyone. I feel bad for them. As I turn back to the pig, I notice the ball and chain flying toward me. 

Link: "Oh shit!"

I dodge out of the way. Yeah, let's not look away or I might break some bones for real. I draw my sword but realize I don't have one. I dodge the ball and chain again. Well, shit. I don't really have weapons. Well, I still have the broken swords. Better than nothing. As I pull out the shattered swords, I am hit with the ball and chain in the chest and sent flying through the glass doors. I eventually hit a wall.

Link: "Fuck... My back."

Thankfully my magic chainmail protected me but it still fucking hurts. It feels like I broke a rib bone, but I haven't, it's just the pain. I stand up after readjusting myself and check the magic chainmail. My mana is still high so the shield should still sustain itself fine. I pick up the broken ice and fire swords that were sent flying with me. I can't use them really, but I can inject mana into them to activate the elements. Fire or ice. Well, I can use the ice to make a literal ice sword, but it's still just ice so it's weak.

Ah, whatever I'll just use it like daggers and slit the pig's throat or something. I walk back inside, and the pig notices me. He seems confused but swings at me again. I dodge and run towards him and slash at his arm. The pig squeals and pulls back the ball and chain to attempt to hit me. I slit the underside of the pig's head and jump away. The pig struggles but still lives. I sigh and inject mana into the ice sword to enlarge it.

As long as I don't let the ice sword get hit, I can thrust the ice into the pig like a spear. The pig attempts to throw the ball and chain again at me. I dodge the attack. Wait a second, I change my mind. I watch as the ball and chain hit the ground and thrust the ice sword into the chains and freeze the chain. I shatter the chains holding it together and charge the pig. The pig pulls out a cleaver. I parry the cleaver with both swords and slice the pig's arm off that holds the cleaver.

The pig is out of options. The pig starts to run. I walk towards it.

Link: "Fuck you."

I start to run to catch up to the pig and stab him with both swords. I inject mana into both swords, and it causes the pig to squeal in pain. Ice and fire in the same area to create boiling water or steam inside the pig. Is that too cruel? Yeah, probably. The pig eventually collapses. Not too sure if he's dead or not, I stab the pig in the chest with ice. He should be dead now. Man, dual wielding with these broken swords is too much work. I miss my sword and shield.

I notice some blood on me. Yeah, I should probably clean that. I spend some time removing it with magic as magic clothes don't remove stains as easily as it does with repairing themselves. That doesn't really make sense but okay. I also use shadow mend on myself as the kinetic force from the attack earlier still hurts. I sigh and look around. Some people are recording me. They recorded me fighting a pig. God damn it.

I hope they called an ambulance because I'm leaving. I put the swords in the bag and run off. I put on my hood to cover myself from the bystanders. I ran away from the mall and back to the hospital. As I reached the hospital door, I stopped to catch my breath. Hopefully, the cops don't come looking for me now. I look up at the sky and it's afternoon. Well, looks like I still have some time left.

I should probably look for an apartment or something at least. I walk around looking for one for some time. I find one that's somewhat close to the hospital and rent it for the month, or maybe even longer if forced too anyway. The owner gives me the keys to my room, and I go inside. Fuck, I'm tired. I lock the door and lay down. As I lie down, the pain from my wounds ache. Doesn't help that I got hit during the fight earlier too. Let's just sleep for the rest of the day.

...

In an office somewhere at 12 am.

???????: "Hey Simon look at this."

Simon walks up to the man and looks at the video named "Mysterious man fights demon pig". The video displays a man fighting a pig with a ball and chain. What appears to be ice magic is used against the pig.

Simon: "You called me over for some edited video? We don't have time for this."

???????: "It could be connected to what happened to Earth. Look at that pig why the hell is that there. The people around are injured too. It was real." he swipes to a news article about what happened at a mall

Simon: "Hmph." he swipes back to the video and points at the man dressed in blue "Let's find this man and talk with him."

???????: "Huh? Why him?"

Simon: "You saw him, right? He created ice out of that sword handle. It's like magic. He may know something. We've already known the other land masses showing up. He may be a clue to something."

???????: "If you say so, Simon. I'll try to find the location of the video and ask people around if they have seen this dude."

Simon: "Right, I need to get back to work now."

...

0