Chapter 4: Reason and the cycle
29 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I open my eyes to see sunlight coming from the blinds. As I get up my body aches. I'm still sore. I look up at the clock in my room and it says it's noon. Seems I woke up late. I sigh to myself and go shower. After I finish showering, I go back to the hospital to check on everyone. I check in with the clerk and go to the rooms. None have awoken. Hm. I leave the hospital and go back to the mall I went to yesterday. 

I entered the mall to find a phone store for a charger. It takes me a while as I walk around. I eventually found it and bought an iPhone charger. I leave the store while I put the charger into my bag. I hear my stomach growl.

Link: "Yeah, I should probably buy food."

I walk around and try to look for a food store. It takes me a while since I have no idea where I am going. I eventually found a WinCo. I enter and look around for food that I would eat. The problem was I didn't really know what I would like to eat. It's been a long time since I had food from Earth, if you ignore the other day. All I really ate in Tsev was meat, fruits, and other stuff. Most of the more common meals from Earth were in restaurants. 

Though, before I left the mainland of Plumeria I did go to restaurants often with Melia and them. Those few months of being alone felt long though. Wait, why am I thinking this hard just for food? Argh. Okay, whatever, let's just move on and grab a cart. I grab instant noodles, noodles, meat, rice and a rice cooker, bell peppers, and more. As I approach the line I stop. I almost forgot I needed drinks. I go back into the aisles to find water and soda.

I get in line after grabbing all the stuff. I ended up paying around 300 dollars. Maybe I did overbuy. Or maybe California is just expensive. Probably the first one. I then get out of the store and put all the stuff in my bag. Hopefully, it doesn't get too crowded. But that's irrelevant since I use magic to find the item I want.

Some people give me stares as I put my food in the bag. They're probably wondering how all of those things fit or something. After I finish storing everything, I push the cart back to the cart area, place, or thing. Fuck, I don't know. I then return to the apartment and lie down. I plug in the charger to a wall and charge my phone.

Link: "Well, what do I do now..."

As I lie down, I just do nothing. What do I even do? I don't want to leave the others to find Leticia and them because they don't know much about Earth. Last time we were transported here we were just doing it to comply with a god's game. I did give them a small explanation about how everything works though.

I could just leave a note for them saying that I left for Plumeria. I hold myself back. I should really stop. Maybe I'm just too anxious. Either way, I know the truth. Whether I want to say it to myself or not. Moving on, I get up to cook for myself. And when I say to cook for myself, I mean eating instant noodles instead. I still don't know how to cook and I'm 18. I sigh.

I spend the rest of my time looking at my phone. I watch playthroughs of games that came out and some that just interest me. I then watch videos of cooking, so I have an idea of how to cook. I'll probably forget though. I then go to sleep. The next day starts, and the endless cycle begins.

I sleep in until noon or later. I then get up after I have enough energy. I shower and eat, and I make sure everything is on me. I visit the hospital and then go for a walk. I then spend time on my phone and go back to the apartment. I end up repeating this. Nothing changed. It's like I slowly returned to my old self.

For better or worse. Who fucking knows man... It seems everything will repeat until they wake up. Or I get up myself. I... Don't want to.

...

I open my eyes and see the light from the blinds. I check my phone, and it's 3 pm, June 8th. It's been four days now. Two weeks and no one but me is up. I sigh before getting up. I eat breakfast and shower. I grab everything important and head out. I walk towards the hospital and check in again. I check Hanna first, Kaiden second, and Melia last. I grab one of the chairs in the room and sit next to Melia.

Usually, I wouldn't do this but today I felt like it. I just sit and wait for something. There really isn't anything for me to do. I sigh again. I should be doing something important. At least something better than this. I wouldn't stop myself though. So, I sit. The clock ticks. Eventually, a nurse comes in, which breaks the silence. The nurse looks at me. I briefly look at her and see that she has chestnut-colored hair and has it in a long braid.

Nurse: "A friend of yours?"

Link: "You could say that."

Nurse: "I always see you come into these rooms. They are important friends I assume?"

Link: "Yeah, they're good friends. I couldn't bear to see them hurt."

Nurse: "I see you in here the most. Is she special to you?"

...

I don't want to answer. But I do anyway.

Link: "She was."

Nurse: "Then she must be your girlfriend. Considering she does not look similar to you."

...

Link: "Yeah, she was. I... still need to apologize to her for something I did but some things happened, and it ended up like this."

Nurse: "Yes, I heard you four were attacked. I hope the person is punished for what he did to you kids."

Yeah, me too. If only.

Nurse: "Ah, I forgot, what is your name?"

Link: "Link, how about you?"

Nurse: "I'm Lisa." she proceeds to check on Melia before speaking again "How was your day?"

Link: "Hm. I wouldn't really know. I spend most of my days doing the same thing. I'm just waiting for them."

Lisa: "I see. Have you prepared for college? According to the doctor, you four are 18. Though he says it's mostly a guess since he can't find who the others are and that you are 18 yourself."

Link: "He's correct about that. And to answer your question no. I haven't."

Lisa: "You should still prepare even if time is little. Also, may I ask the names of the other three? Since we do not have a way to identify them currently."

Hm. I have no reason not to give it. But should I? Well, worse comes to worst when we face it.

Link: "She's Melia, the other girl is Hanna, and the dude is Kaiden."

Lisa: "Thank you." she looks at her watch "Ah, my time is up. I have to check with other patients. I suppose I'll see you tomorrow?"

Link: "Oh, uh, yeah."

Lisa: "Until then, Link."

Link: "See ya later, Lisa."

She leaves the room. While a short conversation, and pointless. It made me feel better. Having someone to talk to is a lot better than no one.

????: Wow, you've become desperate.

Link: "Oh, shut up."

Link?: Telling yourself to shut up? How rude.

Link: "Whatever." 

Link?: You and I are the same. How can you face him, if you have already shattered? We both know the truth.

Link: "Why the hell have we traded places? Usually, I'm the one criticizing you."

Link?: Traded? I just told you we are the same person, dumbass.

Link: "No shit."

Link?: Anyway, before we started arguing I wanted to tell you to man up you fucking pussy.

Link: "..."

Link?: Wow, just taking the insults again. Where's your backbone? Sigh. We really have come full circle. No wonder you're useless. If your parents saw you, I wonder what they would think. You are-

Footsteps. I hear them coming closer. Relief. I feel relieved. 

?????: "Hey, are you Link?"

Link: "Yeah."

I turn around to see two men dressed up in suits. One has a more casual and relaxed face while the other is more serious. He walks up to me and shows me a video. It's a video of me fighting the pig.

?????: "Is this you?" he says as he points at it

Link: "What if it is? What if it isn't."

?????: "It's a yes or no question."

Link: "Yeah, that's me."

?????: "Good, we have some questions then." he swipes to the part where I start using magic "What is this?"

Link: "It's magic. Well, magic injected into a magic sword. Basically, the same thing."

?????: "You better not be joking with me right now, kid."

???????: "Simon, it's not that serious. Calm down, bro."

Simon: "We came here for answers, Charles. Not games."

Charles: "I mean he's just a kid. You sound like he's your P.O.W. Just make your conversation more casual at least."

You know. I could jump out this window. It might be three stories high, but I can still use magic to run away. It'll hurt like hell though.

Simon: "Fine. Magic's real then?"

Link: "Well, on Earth no." I shrug "But technically it's real now. Well, for Earth's case anyway."

Simon: "What do you mean?"

Link: "That I didn't come from Earth. Even though I technically did."

Simon: "Explain."

I don't really know if I should be explaining. Maybe I'll just say some things but not fully.

Link: "That Earth may have merged with another world."

Simon: "Who are you? How do you know this?"

Link: "I'm Link, came from Earth before being transported to another world. I know this because I saw it happen."

Simon: "Then who's this girl?"

Link: "She's a princess of a country called Plumeria. I recommend not hurting or killing her, or else you might start a war."

If he does, then I might as well start a war with my own country too. Maybe. I'll kill him if he does though.

Simon: "Hmph. Good to know then." he puts his phone away "Then you must know the other countries that popped up then?"

Link: "Uh, kinda?"

Simon: "Good enough. We may not speak their language so you will be our mediator. We work for the government. You will say nothing to the public until we have figured out everything."

Charles: "Bro, he's a kid. He just happens to know things. Remember that. He's no threat."

Simon walks up to Charles.

Simon: "He knows the princess of a country. He even seems to be friends with her considering how he's here."

Charles: "I mean, he could have ended up as a guard for her considering they're not home. Think about it."

Simon: "Whatever. I'm going back. Fill him in on this."

Simon walks out.

Charles: "Wait! What the fuck am I post to fill in?"

Simon: "About how you're a private jet pilot or something. Just do something."

Charles: "Okay..." he sighs before turning to me "Uh, sorry for him. He's just a little on edge. Anyway, I'm Charles. I fly private jets and shit. Nothing too important. I guess he wants me to take care of you or something. Here, have my number."

He hands me his number which I enter onto my phone.

Charles: "Well, he wants you to be the middleman between the countries or something. Politics ya know?"

Link: "Uh, yeah. Never was one for politics though."

Charles: "I agree. But here I am working for them. Oh well, at least the U.S lets us talk shit" he sighs "Since you're with us now, I guess I have to fly you to places. We can figure this out tomorrow though. I'm tired. So, meet us here tomorrow."

Link: "Uh, alright then."

Charles waves goodbye and so do I. Well, fuck. Now I'm involved with the government. Isn't that wonderful? Well, I guess I better be here tomorrow. Feels like I'm a hostage though. I don't need to get these three involved. For now, let's go home. I wanna eat and watch YouTube videos.

0