Chapter 5: A forced reunion
15 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I wake up to the sound of my alarm. I roll over and shut it off. I get up after a few minutes and check the time to see that it is 2:17 p.m. I sigh and get ready to go to the hospital. As I make my way over, I pull out a Pepsi can and drink it. I throw the can into a trash can as I enter the hospital. I don't really know if that drink was worth it considering I drank it when it was warm. Eh, whatever. 

I noticed Lisa while I was on my way to Melia's room and said hello. She asked daily questions such as how I'm doing and stuff. After we go through our days, she tells me about the men in Melia's room. I tell her it's just some people asking me for stuff. She nods and then waves goodbye.

I enter the room to see Charles and Simon drinking coffee while playing blackjack. It looks like Simon won. They say well played to each other and shake hands. As they finish, they notice me.

Simon: "You're here? Should have said something."

Link: "Just wanted to let you guys finish your game."

Charles: "You could have saved me from losing." he shakes his head

Simon: "Anyway, let's get back on track. We're going to the airport to get on the jet so you can help us find the countries from the other world. We need to find them before the other countries persuade them."

Oh, right, I forgot the whole communism and capitalism shit is still going on. Been a while so I forgot. Hopefully, they won't drag me into that. Getting involved with countries is already tiring. 

Simon: "Well, let's get a move on then."

We exit the hospital and get into a car. It takes us about 10 minutes or so to the airport. We get out and I follow them. Simon goes through some things to prepare. I don't really understand what he's doing. Maybe checking in or filing, I guess. After that, we get to the runway and see the jet. I watch as Charles opens the jet door. I didn't get a clear view of it, so I don't really know what he did.

I get inside and sit down. Simon does the same and Charles goes to start it up. This is my first time being on a jet or any type of aircraft in general. Simon turns to me.

Simon: "Link, do you have any way to speed up this process to find the countries or Plumeria?"

Link: "I have a map, but that's useless. I do have a locator to find people though." I pull out my guild badge and activate locate guild members "They should be in Plumeria. All but three people anyway." 

Simon: "Alright then. Show it to Charles. I have a call to make." he pulls out his phone and goes to the back

I shrug to myself and walk up to Charles. I look at the control panel. Man, that's lotta stuff.

Charles: "What's up?"

Link: "I have a locator for finding people which can be used as a map. Using this will make it easier to find Plumeria. I have people located there. This should speed up the process by a lot."

Charles: "Oh, nice! Just take a seat next to me here and tell me when we're close."

Link: "Alright."

I sat down and pulled out a Sprite can from the bag.

Link: "Hey, do you guys have bottles in here or cups?"

Charles: "Yeah we do. They're in the kitchen."

I turn back and notice the kitchen. Huh, neat. The kitchen is a nice mix between white and black. The counter is mostly black with some white. The drawers and stuff are white and black. Anyway, let's just get a cup or something. As I go through the things... They're wine glasses. I wouldn't mind but they're too small to hold a lot of liquid. Unless they can. I don't really know.

After scouring for a while, I found a bottle. One of those plastic bottles people would bring to school. Better than wine glasses. I pull out the ice sword and use mana to make ice. I shatter the ice from the sword and put it into the bottle. I then open my can and pour it in. As I watch the fizz dissipate, I realize I cut my hand by accident. Damn it, not again. I guess I hit too close to the blade. 

I use shadow mend on the wound to stop it from bleeding and clean the blood off the broken blade. Hopefully, no blood was on the ice. Well, too late for that now. Not like I would have seen it anyway. I go back up to the front to sit with Charles. We sat in silence for a while.

Link: "Want a drink?"

Charles: "Yeah, if you have water."

I pull out a water bottle from my bag and put it near him. He thanks me and we continue. Every now and then I check my badge to see how close we are.

...

In a camp in the plains outside of Plumeria's capital during the evening, sits two girls by a campfire. One is an elf who stands at 5'6 or 171 cm. She has silver hair and ruby-colored eyes. She is a subspecies of the standard elves or golden elves. She is part of a group called silver elves which is created when golden elves and dark elves reproduce. Typically, older generations of golden elves shun them, but the younger ones don't.

Dark elves simply do not care for the silver elves. Since they are in a constant civil war due to serving the demon lords and not. Those who leave the dark elf tribe associate themselves with the silver elves. The elf girl is called Leticia. She wears a dark blue cloak with her green long sleeve shirt and pants. Her shirt gives the illusion of a dress. Her clothes are traced with ruby and golden colors. She also has a maid outfit to mess with Link.

Link found Leticia by pure coincidence when she was getting beaten in an alleyway. She was a slave at that time. Link saved her by just existing. Funny. Anyway, a trader by the name of Blaz was the one who made him accept her into his group of friends. Link pushed her forward and his friends helped her recover.

The other is a pink kitsune girl with pink eyes dressed in a pink shrine maiden outfit who stands at 5 feet or 152 cm. She forcibly joined Link's guild when she was exiled from her position when she saved a girl from her fate. Link was also there to help her, mostly because he wanted to help the kids, not her. They eventually crossed paths and helped each other and the region. She calls Link a fool and Link calls her a weirdo. This kitsune calls herself Romei.

Together they sit by the campfire wondering if their friends are fine.

Romei: "Do you think they're fine?"

Leticia: "I believe they are. But those wounds on all of them. Who really knows?" she looks up at the sky briefly "But we should believe. I have seen all of us in worse situations. I want to believe."

Romei: "You and Link can both be foolish sometimes. But I agree. It is best to look at the bright side."

An engine roars.

Romei: "What was that?"

Leticia: "A plane? How could that..."

Romei: "Plane?"

Leticia: "It was something humans made in Link's home world."

Romei: "Strange, then that earthquake from a week ago."

Leticia: "Possibly."

...

It has been 5 hours since we left. I check my badge again. Looks like we're here.

Link: "Charles, we're here."

Charles: "Alright, let me find a good landing spot."

Link: "Hopefully, we don't crush anyone."

Charles: "Yeah, hopefully. This is a pretty big plain though.

After 5 or so minutes we land. Charles goes to inform Simon who has been looking at documents. I look outside and notice soldiers. I look at the armor and see the Plumeria flower on their pauldrons and chest. Yep, it's Plumeria soldiers, or knights I should say. Charles and Simon come up to me to check it out.

Charles: "They won't attack us, right?"

Link: "Don't worry, they know who I am. Even if they didn't, I can cover for us."

I get Charles to open the door and walk out. The knights tense up but then relax as they notice me.

Knight 1: "Link, is that you?"

Link: "Yeah, it's me."

Royal Guard: "What of lady Melia?

Link: "She is resting in a hospital. The others are also with her. Do not worry."

The knights look at each other and ease up.

Royal Guard: "Thank goodness. We did not know what had happened to you or the others."

Link: "Yeah, thankfully we survived. It's all thanks to Melia."

As I walk down most of the knights welcome me back. I asked one of the knights to find my guild mates and he would inform any that were nearby or in camp. As the crowd disperses, I go back to Charles and Simon.

Link: "So what's your main goal?"

Simon: "Find the leader and talk to them."

Link: "Leader... That should be Shiro in this case. Since the royalties are either missing or with him. I'll ask."

Simon: "Alright. Thanks."

I go out and call out one of the knights. I ask him to find Shiro and he nods and goes off. I hear my name being called. I turn around and see Leticia. She runs up to me and hugs me. I... slowly hug back.

Leticia: "Thank goodness!" she lets go "Are the others okay?"

Link: "Yeah, they're fine. They're in a hospital in my hometown."

I look behind her and see Romei.

Link: "Hey." I wave to Romei

Romei: "Sup." she waves back

Leticia: "What happened during the fight against Janus?"

Link: "I, uh, don't really know. I got knocked out."

Romei: "Three of you were knocked out by the time we got there it seems. Only Melia was up at that time."

Leticia: "Ah! Don't forget Luna. She came out to help fight Janus."

Link: "I guess she did."

That would explain why she's gone.

Romei: "You four were gravely wounded by the time we got there. If only you guys were able to stall a little longer."

Stall... a little longer... Damn it.

Leticia: "Yeah, Melia used a teleportation spell and you four disappeared. Same with Luna shortly after. It's good to know four out of five is okay."

Romei: "Melia did overextend herself a lot though..." she puts her hand on her chin "She might of... Never mind that."

Yeah, might of... Thanks, Romei for that thought now.

Link: "Ah. Did you guys see Mokon? I haven't heard from him since the battle."

Leticia: "Sadly not. I thought he would be with you. I guess he's missing now too."

Romei: 'The demon? There's no possible way for him to have just randomly disappeared."

Link: "Yeah. That's strange... Hm."

Leticia: "Also." she goes through her pockets "We found Melia's locket. You should give it back to her."

Her locket... I opened it up. It still carries the picture of all of us in a group. Me, her, Leticia, Dalton, Destiny, Kaiden, and Hanna. Behind the picture is another picture of her and me. I could feel a tear come out of my eye, but I wiped it away before they noticed.

Link: "Thanks, I'll make sure it gets back." as I insert it into the bag

Another person calls me out. I turn around this time to see Shiro with his harem of girls. Shiro is currently dressed in tan clothes. More casual clothes anyway. I assume he changed clothes due to the war with Janus being gone for a while. He has a bunch of girls in his harem. Like the red-hair twin-tail tsundere girl, slime girl, sand girl, Melia's older sister, and much more.

Shiro: "Link! Good to see you alive."

Link: "Yeah man. Good to see you too."

I wave to some of his harem members since I'm friends with them. Some wave back. 

Shiro: "So, you needed me for something?"

Link: "Uh, yeah. The U.S government wants to talk with you."

Shiro: "Government? What the fuck happened?"

Link: "It's a long short story."

Shiro: "Uh, yeah, sure. Where's he at?"

Link: "He's in the jet over there." I point towards the jet "It's not the president by the way. Don't worry. You have magic translation anyway."

Shiro: "My English was decent enough in Japan."

Link: "Right."

I watch Shiro go towards the jet with his harem. Well, I guess I'm done now. Oh, wait, I need a new sword.

Link: "Romei, Leticia. I need a new sword. You guys know where I can get one?"

Romei: "Beside the standard issue ones, no."

Leticia: "Same thing Romei said. But I could ask the elves to give you a sword. As a gift of course."

Link: "That'll do. I'm assuming we need to travel?"

Leticia: "No, we don't. Some of the elves came over to help with the war. Remember? Some are still nearby. I can ask one of them to make or give you a sword."

Link: "Oh. Well, okay then."

Leticia calls forth a spirit and tells it to send a message to an elf who can forge a sword. Around 30 minutes pass and an elf arrives. He's a golden elf. He seems to be older than Leticia. But they're elves. You can't tell.

Elf: "You called, Leticia?"

Leticia: "Would you forge a sword for Link?"

Elf: "Link?" he looks at me "I have heard tales of you from the silver elf village. Though small and mundane. You have a noble heart. I will gladly forge a sword for you."

Link: "Thanks? But how will you forge a sword with no tools?"

Elf: "I have no need for tools for this sword. It is made of nature's natural resources."

A tree pops up in the shape of an anvil. Emeralds fly into the air. Runes are shown on the tree. Emeralds are thrown into the tree as if merging into a blade. An emerald blade comes out fine.

Link: Wait, what the fuck is even going on?

The tree branch forms into the sword's handle. It rotates and the branch becomes smooth enough to be a handle. Magic metal comes from the ground and forms around the handle. The remaining metal forms into the sword guard and pommel.

As everything merges the sword is formed. The blade's outline is a darker green while the inside is lighter. In the center of the cross-guard lies an emerald. The cross-guard slightly curves up. The guard and grip are given a light tan color and the pommel turns into an emerald.

Elf: "The sword is finished." he picks it up and swings it then hands it to me "It is part of the forest fortification. To protect nature and our homes. For you, it is home. It works similarly to Eclipse as it can conduct all elements. Let it see the nature of the world and person and it will change its shape for you. The name for it should be Emerald Heart."

Link: "Thanks." I take the sword from him

Elf: "Oh! Do not forget the scabbard."

Another tree pops up and its branch is turned into a scabbard with traces of gold and green covering most of it. As the scabbard finishes the trees return to the ground. He hands me the scabbard and waves goodbye and disappears.

Link: "Well, that certainly was an interesting experience."

Leticia: "Yeah, but they take pride in it."

Link: "At least I have a sword now though."

I grab Eclipse's scabbard and put it in the bag and equip the new scabbard. I then twirl my sword and swing it.

Link: "Nice." as I sheath it

Romei: "Elves certainly are interesting. We don't have them in our land."

Leticia: "I suppose so."

Romei: "I have some things to do so I will return later or tomorrow. The other members should return by tomorrow. I'll send them a letter in case they don't show."

We wave goodbye to Romei as she enters a tent. Not that it's really a goodbye since she just went to work or something. I guess they were organizing stuff while I was gone.

Link: "What about you, Leticia?"

Leticia: "I have nothing to do. So, I'll do as I always do. Follow you."

Link: "Right..."

I walk back towards the jet and enter. As I enter, it seems Shiro and Simon have finished their conversation.

Link: "How'd it go?"

Shiro: "It went fine. Still need to talk some things out when we find the king and queen though."

Simon: "Yes, we will continue at a later date. But for now, we are on good terms."

Link: "Hm, good to know."

Charles: "It's getting late. I think we should rest here for the night."

Shiro: "We have extra tents if you would like to sleep there."

Simon: "I appreciate the hospitality, but we should be fine sleeping here on the plane."

I watch as they nod to each other and shake hands and leave. Looks like we're sleeping here for the night. I suppose I'll spend some time with Leticia and Romei before I sleep.

0