Chapter 1: Banished, now what?
167 2 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 1: Banished, now what?

Tagas was smacking demons around using some sick moves he had seen the mortals in Tibet do. He kicked a demon in the nuts, then did an upper cut, span, and took a hold of the demon's hand, and hurled him towards a group of other demons.

"Watch it, Tagas!" Uriel yelled, choosing to use his sword, rather than his hands.

"Sorry, big bro," Tagas yelled. The truth was that all of the angels were Tagas's big brothers. He was the youngest angel to be born. The last creation of their father, before he decided to leave them all and demand child support, or something similar.

Tagas was just about to kick a demon in the stomach, when he saw the utter terror on the young man's face.

"You, uhm, are you lost?" The demon looked like a newly crafted one. Even his horns were small.

"I am not supposed to be in here," the demon whined, then he dropped to his knees. "I went to church when I was alive, I swear!"

"Well, it seems you haven't begged for forgiveness enough, if you are now a demon," Tagas yawned. It was like this every day. Demons will try to storm the gates; big brother Michael would call the legions. Then, there would be pointless violence, only because big brother Lucifer wanted to come home, but big brother Michael wanted his head on a spike.

"I went to a single Satanic sermon, I swear," the demon began to plead with him. "It was on a dare."

"Look, you don't look like you can fight," Tagas spoke, as he looked the lanky demon up and down. "And you did say you went to church."

"That is precisely it. I knew that at least one angel would listen. I mean you have such beautiful bluish wings that..." the angel tuned the demon off, and grabbed him. Hefting him in his arms bridal style, he flew above the fighting.

Shouts were heard from below. Tagas heard his big brother Michael's trademark scream of ultimate fury, and then he landed in the lines of the demons. Where his older brother Lucifer waited with the rest of his cannon fodder.

"Big bro, this one says he went to church," Tagas then deposited the demon in the feet of his brother. "Do get him reassigned, will you?"

"He went to one of my sermons, and attended an orgy," Lucifer hissed, as he looked at the groveling demon. "The laws are clear. Everyone who attends orgies is for me. How have you been, baby brother?"

"Oh, same old. I was just communicating with my Tibetan martial master, when big bro called me over to defend the gates," Tagas shrugged, and accepted his older brother's hug, when Lucifer stepped to him.

"You tell him he is a stubborn mule! I am doing my job. All over a prank with the first monkey, seriously," Lucifer grumbled.

"I was not around when it happened, but you screwed over the humans big time, brother. I mean, because of you, women live longer than their men," Tagas told him.

"Dad invented marriage, no one nags at him," the blonde angel spoke.

"Are you both...on speaking terms? Why are we dying in here for?" The demon that Tagas saved asked.

"Quiet, worm," Lucifer snapped. Then, they heard the flapping of wings.

"Is that?" The demon pointed at the armor-clad magnificent angel that landed between Tagas and Lucifer. The same angel that took Tagas's ear between his fingers, and began to tug.

"You want to live in filth?" The angel snapped then, a vein throbbing on his forehead.

"Big brother, come on. This is barely an up jumped human. I couldn't kill him," Tagas pointed at the lanky demon, who was even pale skinned and had small horns.

"Do I look like I care? I told you last time you came to chat with Lucifer in the middle of battle that this won't stand, Tagas," the angel then took Tagas by the scruff of his neck, and flew to the edge of heaven.

"Michael?" Tagas asked, not believing what was about to happen.

"You want to live in filth! Then live in it," and Michael threw him down and towards Earth.

"Is this vacation? I have been waiting for eons, man," Tagas yelled. He tried to flap his wings, but the Archangel's throw was so strong, that he had gotten too big of a momentum.

Just before Tagas managed to hit the ground, he managed to finally unfurrow his wings and flap them. Staring up at the sky, he weighted the pros and cons of flying up.

Deciding that Michael would tan his hide if he made it back up without permission, Tagas hid his wings, and then spelled some modern clothing.

As much as he wanted to dress like a Tibetan monk, he knew that the winds had not blown him to Tibet. Rather, he was in the USA. Next to a ranch of some sort.

The angel began to hum, as he walked towards the farm house. When he reached it, he noticed that everything was nice and ordered. There were flower patches around the walkway. Vines above, twined around an archway. He was certain that a nice person lived in the house.

Knocking, Tagas waited for the door to open. An old lady appeared in the walkway, leaning heavily on a cane.

"Can I help you, young man?" She asked.

"Actually, I was thinking I can help you. I am looking for work and a place to stay," Tagas send her a winning smile then. The old lady's eyes narrowed at him.

"A place to stay," she chewed at the words, and then nodded. "I suppose, if you are good with animals. I have a pregnant cow that will give birth any day now. My son is in town to get the vet. Do you know anything about animals, young man?"

"Know? I am an expert, lead the way," Tagas was not lying. His first days as a cherub had been spend taking care of animals. His magic was potent. He will get that calf out of the cow, and see them both healthy, before the son and the vet came back!

5