Chapter 8: Finding Andrew
59 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 8: Finding Andrew

Harry teleported them to an orphanage in New York, of all places. Audrey could still not believe that an angel and a demon were working together to find her son. It had taken Tagas only one touch, before he could trace where her firstborn was.

The orphanage looked to be in good working order, but Audrey still worried. She took Tagas's hand, and the angel led her inside. The matron came, saw them holding hands, and thought them a couple.

"Are you here to adopt?" She asked them, a gentle smile on her face.

"My son is in here. He was stolen from our house when he was one year old," Audrey spoke, her voice pleading.

"Oh, my. I will call the children, and if you can recognize the boy, then you are welcome to prove you are the mother with a blood test, and then take him home," the matron then rushed off. Audrey looked to Tagas.

"Thank you. If Andrew is in here, then I will do everything you ask of me," she then swayed on her feet dangerously, and Tagas had to catch her before she fell.

"It is ok. The boy is here. I found him by following the shard of your soul that was within him," Tagas told her. "All mothers leave some of their soul in their children. The magic never lies."

Tagas led her down the hall, and then into the meeting room. All kinds of children were lined up in there. Audrey had eyes just for one of them. A boy, with jet-black hair, and green eyes like her.

She let out a sob, and then rushed to him. Her hands traveled over his eyes, his nose, even his chin.

"This is him. Andrew," she hugged her son for the first time in four years. The boy patted her on the back uncomfortably.

"Ma'am, you will have to have a blood test made, before you are allowed to take Dean home," the matron spoke, and Audrey blinked.

"They even stole his name?" She let out another sob. "Why did they even take him?"

"I was left here when the grandmother who was raising me died," Andrew told her. "And my name is Dean, ma'am."

"No, it is Andrew," Audrey insisted. "You are my son, and your name will be restored to you. You have a baby brother, a father, and I."

Audrey then kissed the boy on the forehead, and took out a napkin to wipe at her eyes.

"We won't be long. Just a trip to the hospital, right?" Harry asked, and the matron nodded.

"I will pack his things, just in case," the old woman had tears in her eyes. One boy found his family. She just wished that all of her children could do the same.

Audrey released her son, and then let Tagas lead her out. The angel and demon led her to a back alley, and then Harry teleported them to a back alley near the hospital.

A parental test later, and Audrey was clutching the positive results in her hands. So much so, that she feared she would crumble them in her grip. Harry got them back to the orphanage, and then they were before Andrew's room.

The matron was in there, and Audrey gave her the results.

"He is my son," Audrey told the matron. "Do you see? He is my Andrew."

The woman looked the results over with a smile, and then pointed at the single duffle bag on the bed.

"These are his things. I wish you all only happiness," then, the matron hugged Andrew, and whispered in his ear. "Your real name is Andrew, my boy. Be good to your mother, now."

And she left the room. Tagas was by Audrey and Andrew's side in an instant. He hugged them both, and laughed merrily.

"Arthur will be glad," the angel spoke, as Audrey hugged her son tighter.

"Well, if you want to have him meet his son today, we better leave. I mean, we left Jake with the neighbor, and that woman looked like she had other things to do," Harry insisted. Then, he offered his hand, and both Tagas and Audrey reached out towards it.

When they all blinked, they were before Audrey's house. She scooped up her confused son, and ran inside. Tagas and Harry followed in a more sedate pace. They found her inside the nursery, by the crib. Andrew looked transfixed at his baby brother, and the child looked just as transfixed.

"Well, Andrew, won't you say anything to your baby brother?" Audrey urged, her smile blinding.

"Hello, baby brother. My name is Dean, and I think you are adorable," Andrew spoke, and Audrey sighed.

"Give him time. He is just used to his fake name," Tagas told her from the doorway. Audrey turned to him, and rushed by his side. She hugged him tightly, and breathed in his scent.

"You are a miracle worker," the woman told him. "If you hadn't come, I would have never seen my son again. He would have grown up an orphan, not knowing he had two living parents."

"About that, can you please take them to see their father?" Tagas pleaded.

"I did say I will do as you ask," Audrey agreed, and then she went and took both boys in her arms. Then, she looked like she was considering something, and handed Jake to Tagas. "You carry him. He seems to like you."

"I adore the little cherub as well," Tagas kissed the crown of the boy's head, and then walked out of the house. Harry drove them towards the farm, and Audrey looked uneasily.

"Beth will give me a tongue lashing," Audrey spoke, as they neared the farm.

"She will be so happy with seeing both her grandsons, that she will spare you," Tagas gave Audrey's hand a light squeeze.

"Arthur wouldn't want to see me. Perhaps, I should stay in the car?" Audrey tried again.

"You have to talk it all out. All the pain and poison between you. You are the two cherub's parents. You have to get along, for their sake," Tagas told her.

Harry pulled the car in the driveway, and they saw Arthur sitting at the outdoor table with his mother. As soon as they all got out of the car, Arthur gaped at the two children who clutched at Audrey's skirts, and then ran to his family. Laughing all the while.

2