Chapter 14: Betrayal
46 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 14: Betrayal

Tagas ran, and soon, he had his wings out, and he was flying over the hills and towards a cliff. He needed a high place to think about all of this. Never had he thought that his soulmate would want another. It hurt.

Getting to the cliff, he sat at its edge, and let out a wail. He wanted to cry in earnest, so he let the dam that was being blocked with all of his emotions loose.

Arthur had played with him. Harry's friendship had been a false one. He didn't know what hurt the most. Neither had so much as told him to wait, as he ran. They didn't care, it was plain to see.

He let out another sob. He was the youngest angel, and had been sheltered. His time as a cherub had been longer than usual, as their father had left after creating him, and Tagas had not been able to bask in his grace.

Yet, Tagas had not been lonely, growing up. He had his brothers, and the super cool brother who sneaked from Hell, and brought him sweets from Earth.

"Brother, Lucifer, did you do it on purpose? Do you hate me, brother?" Tagas sobbed, and he saw a flame appear out of the nothing.

"Baby brother, why are you crying?" Lucifer was behind him. Blonde and resplendent. Tagas stood, and went to him.

"Did you know that Harry would steal my soulmate? Is that why you sent him here?" Tagas accused; his eyes puffy.

"What? Your bodyguard did what? I will have his hide for this," Lucifer vowed, and then went to hug his brother. "You wait in here; I will go straighten this out."

Lucifer released him from the hug, patted him on the back, and then he was gone. The Devil was before the farmhouse with a sneer. Harry rushed out to greet him.

"Boss," the demon began, but Lucifer's stormy eyes were enough to stop him from speaking further.

"You stole my baby brother's soulmate?" Lucifer asked, and Harry sighed.

"I just wanted to be included. Arthur and I agreed that we should both try to romance Tagas. That there was a place for me in a threesome," Harry spoke, and then waited for a hit to come. It never did.

"A what now? I sent you to guard my brother, not to romance him," Lucifer snapped.

"Well, he is dreamy. Angel cake is the sweetest thing in the world. And Arthur is kind. Doesn't treat me like a demon at all," Harry protested. Getting braver because of the lack of violence.

"Come over here," the fallen angel told his underling, and Harry moved to his boss. Lucifer touched him on the head, and shifted through the demon's memories.

The adoration had been there ever since Tagas saved Harry from the battlefield, and Lucifer nodded to himself.

"You will not allow for him to cry his eyes out," the fallen angel demanded. "Get that farmer of yours, and go to him. I told him to stay put."

"You don't mind that I want to be with Tagas and Arthur?" Harry was surprised.

"Tagas needs to live a little," the fallen angel told him. "Get the farmer, and straighten your mess. Or, so help you."

With that, Lucifer was gone. He didn't go back to Tagas, rather, he went back to his home. Harry went to Arthur, who was staring at the wall of the living room, and he took him by the arm.

"Come on, we need to go and speak with Tagas," Harry told him, and the two were off. Tagas was not turning towards them, despite sensing them.

He was the very picture of a heartbroken angel then. His blue wings curled up around himself, with him letting out sobs every so often. Arthur looked on, filled with guilt.

"Tagas," the farmer began, but the angel didn't turn towards him.

"Tagas, darling, we have something to tell you," Harry spoke, and the only thing that showed that Tagas was listening to him was the hunching of his shoulders.

"I love you, Tagas," Harry said, and he went to the angel. Followed by Arthur. "I loved you since you saved me. Arthur loves and cares about you, as well. But he cares about me as well."

"If it would make you both happier, then I won't stand in your way," Tagas sobbed, his wings curling even tighter around himself.

"We would like to share life with you," Arthur spoke, and he placed a hand on the angel's wings. He admired the soft feathers, breathed in the scent of ripe apples, bathed in the sun. "Would it be so bad, if all of us are together?"

"We have your brother's blessing," Harry continued for the farmer. "Your favorite brother's."

"You do," Tagas turned to stare at the two of them. "What if...what if I am locked out of Heaven, for being with a demon?"

"Hell is not that bad, and no one will take away your grace," Harry told him with a sly grin. "You do need to learn to live a little, Tagas."

"I know I can't offer you as many years as Harry," Arthur spoke. "But I want for them to be happy years. If you really believe we are soulmates, don't leave Harry to the sidelines. He loves us."

"And you, do you love Harry?" Tagas asked. He had not received any admissions of love from the farmer. Would Harry steal that from him?

"It is too early to speak about love, Tagas," at that, both the angel and the demon wilted. "You both need to give me time."

"And you'll have it," Harry said, and he placed a hand on Tagas's other shoulder. "Blue wings, will you agree to be with us, in sickness and in health, in riches and poverty? And all the other things I don't remember anymore?"

Tagas blinked at the demon then.

"No one will ever really bless this union," Tagas began.

"What, is your big brother no one?" Harry asked, head tilted to the side.

"I meant, we can't really marry," at that, Arthur coughed.

"It is too early to speak about that," the farmer told the two. "We need time. Now, Harry, please bring us back, so we can have our picnic. Tagas, no more tears."

And Arthur leaned over, and kissed Tagas's eyes clean of the tears. Harry did the same, when Arthur backed off. Tagas decided then and there that he would do anything for the two of them. As long as they didn't exclude him from their lives.

1