Chapter 16: Next missing child
35 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 16: Next missing child

When Harry and Tagas went back to their apartment that evening, Tagas went and took his tablet, and then showed it to Harry.

"We have to help this family get reunited," Tagas spoke, as he showed Harry the next case. "The boy has been missing for a week."

"Ok, do you know the address of the parents?" Harry asked, and then Tagas pointed at the very first sentence of the article.

Harry nodded, and got them there. There were missing posters with a teen's face on them on trees and streetlamps. The two went to the front door of the house, and then Tagas knocked. It was still early, so he figured that the family was still not sleeping.

A woman opened the door, and Tagas gave her a blinding smile.

"We are volunteers who come here to help you find your son," the angel said, and the woman stepped aside to let them in.

"That is good. Have you seen Tommy anywhere? Or, anyone who looks like him," her hope was a heavy burden for Tagas. He had come empty-handed, but he felt that he could get the information he needed, if he just touched her.

"We need to know all about your son first. His favorite haunts, where he went missing?" Harry spoke, and the woman led them to the living room. They all sat on the couch, and she began.

"Well, he likes the park and the arcade," she said, and the two nodded. "He...he was moody before he ran off. We found some magazines in his room before that, and his father wasn't very happy with him. But I never thought that Tommy would run away."

"Wait, your boy has run off?" Tagas asked. "Out of his own free will?"

"That is precisely what happened. Of course, he could have also been taken, but the morning he run off, he said that he was not going to hide who he was anymore. Even if we couldn't forgive him for it," the woman sighed then.

"Hide who he is?" Harry could figure what the drama was about, but he needed it confirmed.

"He is gay," the woman said, as she sighed again. "We found pride magazines in his room. His father thinks it is just a phase, but Tommy said it was not. They shouted at one another for hours."

"We will get him back," Tagas said. Sure, it will take some convincing, but he was sure that it could work. "But you have to accept him when he does come back."

"Frank is sorry for judging Tommy," the woman spoke, as she took out a napkin and dried her misty eyes with it. "He says the boy could date anyone he wants, as long as he comes back. Tommy is just fifteen. Out there, by himself. Angry and scared..."

Tagas reached out for the woman's hand, and then touched it gingerly. It was all he needed. She stared at his hand for a while, and he smiled.

"We will get him back. He couldn't have gone far," Tagas told her, and then he stood up. The two of them left the house, and turned the corner, as Tagas forwarded the location of the boy to Harry's mind.

"Are you sure we should interfere?" Harry asked. "I mean, the boy is not understood in that house."

"He is a child who needs his parents," Tagas spoke, voice soft. "And she is right that he is out there, afraid."

"As you say, blue wings. I won't fight you on this. Come over here," Harry said, and Tagas did so. Harry hugged him, and teleported them both away.

They were not in the same town, rather, in Vegas of all places. There was a boy lying on a bench, out in the open. Tagas went to him, and shook his shoulder gently.

"Tommy?" Tagas asked, and the boy nodded groggily. "We are here because your parents miss you."

"I doubt they do," Tommy said, as he stood, and tried to walk away. Tagas fell in step with him, and placed a hand on his shoulder.

"Look, Tommy, your father is sorry. Your mother is devastated. They seem like good people," Tagas hadn't met Frank, but the mother had been kind looking. He could always tell by the eyes.

"Yes, they are so good, they would yell at their son over some magazines. I just came in here to strike it big, and..." Tommy stopped, and then looked around. "Wait, how did you guys come to the parks so fast? Where is your car."

Tagas smirked at the boy then.

"I'll tell you, if you come with us," Tagas offered his hand, and the boy took it. Harry went next to them, and touched both of their shoulders. They were before the farm in an instant.

"It is a bit late, but you need to speak to Arthur and Beth. They would understand you best," Tommy looked around, and blinked furiously.

"What are you guys? How come we are here so fast?" The boy asked, turning around to take in the sights.

"I am an angel," Tagas told him, and he uncovered his blue wings. "And Harry is a demon."

Harry took off his fedora, and showed off his horns.

"And you do what? Reunite missing people with their families?" Tommy asked, and the two nodded energetically.

"That is precisely it. A good calling, no?" Harry asked, and then took the lead. "Come on, we need to go and get you someone to talk to."

Harry knocked on the door, and Beth came and answered.

"Oh, hello. You two are early," she spoke, looking at the clock. "Has it been even three hours since you left?"

"This boy has to speak to Arthur and you," Harry told her, pointing at Tommy. "It is urgent."

"Well, come on in," Beth stepped to the side, and let the men in.

"You have a lovely home," Tommy said, trying to be polite. Even though he still didn't understand what he was doing in here.

"Thank you, young man. Now, I'll go and get Arthur. Little devil, you lead him to the living room," and with that, Beth was off.

1