Chapter 18: Date in the town
35 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 18: Date in the town

Harry hummed to himself, as he chose his clothes carefully. He was going for casual, but sexy. His fedora would stay, but he was going to get himself in a dress shirt and pants combo, with a nice tie. Black, with red trims.

He had the entire day planned out. Surely, he could sweep the two off their feet? He hesitated, when he saw himself in the mirror. He looked like a bad boy. Would the two appreciate it? Should he wear something else? Appear more of an angel cake slice?

No, he shook his head. He was no angel cake. Harry was a lava cake, even though he was sure that he had landed in Hell over a misunderstanding. There was no hiding that.

He went and knocked on Tagas's door, and heard the soft "come on in," from inside. Harry opened the door, and his breath hitched. Tagas was all in white, from his shirt to his pants, with a sweater tied around his neck. The sweater was blue, though. Harry thought that it was a nice touch.

"Hey, blue wings? Are you hearing wedding bells?" The demon teased, and Tagas blushed.

"I just like white. We will be going around the town, right? It is fitting," Tagas defended himself, and Harry winked at him.

"I am just teasing, angel cake. My, you look good enough to eat, right now. What with the blue frosting, and the whole vanilla look," Harry wiggled his eyebrows suggestively, and Tagas just chuckled at him.

"Sly devil," Tagas spoke, and Harry barked a laugh. The demon went inside the room, and took the angel by the arm.

"Are you ready, Tagas?" Harry asked, and Tagas nodded.

"Just let me take my hat," Tagas reached out for a stylish white hat, that suited his look. Harry thought the angel was, well, angelic. Arthur was going to droll over him as much as Harry was salivating, right now.

They got in the car, and went to pick up Arthur. When they reached the farm, they both felt overdressed. Especially when they saw Arthur come out in simple jeans and a T-shirt.

"Uhm, are we going to an art exhibition? Should I go back in and change?" Arthur asked, looking at the two.

"No, nothing like that. I was thinking of a restaurant, actually," Harry said, and opened the door for Arthur. "You are perfect the way you are."

Arthur looked first to Tagas, who looked like he was going to go to a golf course, and then to Harry, who looked like he was going to bag a contract for someone's soul, and doubted that.

"No, I will change," Arthur insisted. "Just wait in here for a minute or two."

And he was back inside the house. Harry and Tagas exchanged a look.

"Just how fancy is the restaurant?" Tagas asked, and Harry shrugged.

"The atmosphere is great, what with its outdoor garden. It is a casual place."

"We overdid it, Harry," Tagas insisted, looking down at his clothes.

"Well, too late to change now. Let us just see how Arthur is going to come out of there," Harry nodded towards the door, and the two waited. Arthur did come out, and their breaths hitched in their throats.

He was wearing a dark blue shirt, that made his eyes stand out. Add to that some black pants, not quite dress ones, but with a good enough cut to make sure that everything that Arthur usually hid behind baggy farmer's clothes was displayed beneath the fabric.

He came to them, and looked uncertainly first at Harry, then at Tagas.

"Do I need to change again? Why aren't you saying anything?" Arthur asked, and the two closed their gaping mouths.

"You are a nice bread bun, Arthur," Harry spoke with a wink.

"I wouldn't put it so crudely. You look wonderful, Arthur," Tagas assured him, and Arthur grinned at them.

"Yes, well, let us go already," Arthur went inside the car, and Tagas went next to him on the back seat. Harry went in the driver's seat, and he started the car.

"The day is going to be great," Harry assured the two, although he had his doubts.

They pulled before a restaurant before long, and got off the car. Harry went to the receptionist at the front, and gave her his reservation. They were led to the balcony, which overlooked a fountain, and the garden below, and were seated.

"Nice place," Arthur felt like he didn't belong. Like this place was too fancy for him. Harry saw that, and touched the farmer's hand.

"Thank you for coming. What would you like?" The demon asked, and handed him the menu. Arthur's eyes nearly dropped out of their sockets when he saw the prices.

"Harry, I don't think this place is..." the farmer began, but Harry just shrugged and took the menu from his hands.

"I'll pick then. Tagas, do I pick for you too?" Harry asked, to a distracted Tagas, who was staring at the garden below.

"Sure, I am certain that you will pick the right thing," Tagas said, and Harry began to look through the menu. The duck in sweet and sour sauce looked promising, so did the beef steak. Then there were the lamb chops, the pork ribs in barbecue sauce, and lastly, some salads.

He called over the waitress, and began to list his order.

"We would like a plate with duck, one with lamb chops, and one with pork ribs. Add to that some chicken salad, plus three slices of apple pie and whatever is your special drink for today," Harry told her, and she wrote everything down.

As the retreating back of the waitress went out of view, Harry turned to stare at Tagas.

"We could get some flowers for the apartment, if you like them so much?" Harry asked, and Tagas turned to stare at him.

"Are you sure? I mean, the apartment doesn't have that much space," Tagas countered.

"Surer I can't be," Harry told him with a smile. Soon, their food came, and they dug in.

1