Chapter 36: Catching a rat
22 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 36: Catching a rat

Harry stood in the basement of the abandoned building, a dark expression on his face. There was a cloth with tools on the small table. From ones for the removal of nails, to syringes and the liquids to go with them. He had seen this all done in Hell, to the more unruly denizens. He was certain that he could do it to whoever came through this door.

A small part of him thought that the bastard had abandoned Kristi. Left her to die, and will not come back to this wretched place. He stomped on that part.

The demon heard humming, and his eyes flashed red. In the dark, he really looked like a demon at this moment. The door opened, and a middle-aged man entered.

Harry pounced at him, and dragged him to the bed. Before, when the demon had been alive, he had not been as strong. Now, he had more power than he knew what to do with. The man was in a daze, but he soon snapped out of it, when the fresh chains went around his wrists.

"Who are you? I will call the police on you!" The man yelled, but Harry let out a dark chuckle, and stared into the eyes of the scumbag. His red orbs shone in the dark. Like a snake's and just as eerie.

"Oh my God," the man began to shake then.

"It is a bit too late to call upon him, don't you think? After what you did to Kristi, you will be lucky if my boss lets you off with a bit of torture, and some lava baths," Harry snarled, and then finished chaining the man.

Then, despite the man kicking and screaming nonsense and prayers, he chained his feet next. On the dirty bed, the same one where they had found Kristi, the man knew fear. Maybe even the same as the one that he had visited on the poor girl.

"I won't leave it all to chance," Harry snapped, and took a knife from his cloth with tools. "You will die tonight, but before that, you will know pain."

Harry sliced through the man's pant leg, and then dug the knife under the scumbag's skin. He began to skin him, and the man began to trash wildly.

"Is it money you want?" The man began to scream. "I can give you money."

"Money?" Harry's eyes snapped from the skinned patch of skin and up to the filth's. "You raped a teenager, got her pregnant, kept her locked in here. And for what?"

The man began to sob then. Harry noticed something in the far corner of the room for the first time. It was a camera, and it was recording. He snarled, and left the man on the bed, to go and see it.

"Is this broadcasting life?" Harry asked, as he shut off the camera. His mind was a haze. For how long has it recorded? Had the people on the other side seen him and Tagas get Kristi out? They had teleported straight from the basement, darn it all.

The man smirked at him.

"This was a private show for the Dark Web. I was paid to let them see the birth of the baby, and then rape it," Harry was going to be sick. This man was deranged. The demon looked around for more cameras, and found a couple. He paled like a ghost.

Turning them all off, he looked to find a laptop or something similar in the room, but there was no trace of it.

"Where was the footage sent to?" Harry picked up the skinning knife again, not caring that there might be more cameras.

"I told you, the Dark Web," the man told him with a dark chuckle. Harry began to skin him again. The man began to scream, and finally, he caved. "I have no idea, ok? I just got paid to get the girl pregnant and then rape the brat. The cameras aren't even mine."

"You sicken me," Harry said, and he took a pair of pliers. The man began to shake his head.

"I'll tell you everything. Really, I will. Just don't," the filth began to beg then, no traces of his former bravado to be found.

"You will tell me everything either way," Harry informed him, as he took off one nail from the man's toe. The piece of scum howled like a wolf, but Harry was already moving on to the next nail.

"It is a worldwide operation," the man said, as Harry was ready to remove another nail. "Lead by some guy in the United Kingdom."

Harry stopped. This was a kidnapping ring? He owed it to all the children who were kidnapped all around the world to figure out more.

"And, what else? Give me names," Harry lowered the pliers to the next nail, but the man was already speaking.

"He calls himself Moriarty, like that character from Sherlock Homes," the man said, as Harry huffed. "More I don't know."

"You must be getting the money from somewhere," the demon snapped.

"From a woman named Lisa. At least that is what I get in my bank statements. Lisa Sully. The money come from Wisconsin," the man looked hopeful, when Harry didn't take a nail. "Will you let me go now?"

Harry regarded the man with a cold expression.

"Tell me where you keep your documents?" Harry asked, and then nodded. "And then I will let you go."

"In my house," Harry saw the address in the man's mind, and held a hand up.

"Ok, now I will let you go," the demon moved to the man, who smiled up at him.

"I will wash my hands clean of this all. No longer will I do it, I swear," the man said, lying through his teeth. Harry noticed the lie, and felt better for what he was about to do.

"I know," Harry smirked down at the man, and placed his hands around the filth's neck. He squeezed, and enjoyed the panic in those muddy brown eyes, the loss of hope. When the man died, Harry sighed, and looked down at the corpse. He snapped his fingers, and it turned into dust.

1