Chapter 43: Hunting Moriarty, part 4
29 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 43: Hunting Moriarty, part 4

Tagas whimpered again, as the leviathan bit his arm.

"Show me the wings, angel," the man demanded. There were no cameras in the room, as far as Tagas could see, but he wouldn't put it past Moriarty to have some installed. They were underground, or so Tagas thought. He was strapped in chains, and his arm was being chewed as he tried to take deep breaths.

"Show me the wings, and this will all be over," Moriarty said again, this time in a gentler tone. Tagas didn't know why the thing was insisting on seeing his wings, but he knew he shouldn't unfurrow them.

"No," Tagas rasped, and more blood ran down his arm, as the demon bit down on it again. His arm had many bite marks on it now. Some already healing.

"It is spectacular how you angels heal so quickly," it seems, Moriarty had noticed that too. "Is it something you do consciously?"

Tagas kept his mouth shut. He didn't want to speak. He wanted to get out of this trap, and run away. The leviathan was going to eat him, when he got bored. The angel didn't want to die.

"Where is your father?" Moriarty asked next, blood dripping down his chin. "Is he truly gone?"

The leviathan changed tactics, and his hands traveled down Tagas's torso, and rested on the angel's belt. Tagas let out a ragged breath, but didn't respond.

"This is no good, cherub. If you don't tell me, then I will get the information out of your demon friend. How long do you think he will last?" Moriarty was smirking down at him. The dim light was making his features positively demonic. Tagas blinked at him, but kept silent.

"Stubborn little thing," Moriarty almost sounded fond of Tagas, then. "Your silence speaks volumes too, you know? Every time you don't want to answer something, I get a little idea in my head."

Tagas began to shake. He hadn't wanted to betray the secret to this creature. If Moriarty knew that God was away, then he could tell the other leviathans. If one leviathan knew how to get out of their prison, then the rest would too.

"It is very noble of you, rescuing the little monkeys. Healing the sick among them," Moriarty murmured, and he began to unbuckle Tagas's belt. "But you should have known it will cost you?"

Tagas whimpered again when the zipper of his jeans went down.

"I have always wanted myself an angel to play with," Moriarty commented, as he began to tug the jeans down. "And you are quite the specimen. What with that blonde hair, and those hazel, big, eyes? Like a cute kitten."

Moriarty bent, and kissed Tagas's Adam apple. For a split second, Tagas feared that his throat will be ripped out.

"Scared? You only need to answer a couple of questions, and I won't do much to you. Just eat you," Moriarty promised, and Tagas was tempted. Yet, this was bigger than he. His brothers were on the line. He couldn't give out their secrets to leviathans.

"I am trying to be nice here, but if you don't want me to play nice," Moriarty then went out of sight, and returned with a thin knife. "This will hurt like a bitch. I hope you can bear it better than my love bites."

Moriarty considered Tagas's half-naked state, and ran the knife over his member.

"Should I start here? Or, should I give you one last chance to speak?" Moriarty murmured, and then placed the knife on Tagas's arm instead. "I like you, Tagas, so, I'll be nice. The arm it is. You know, your friend, Harry, skinned one of my pets. Now, you will pay."

Moriarty dug in the knife, and Tagas's eyes teared up. As the leviathan worked, Tagas tried to remember things about his life that he could have done better.

Maybe, he should have learned how to wield the sword. Azazel had tried to teach him, but Tagas had never wanted to hurt anyone. Even if the people he was hurting were demons.

Was this his punishment, for being on the front lines? For thinking himself so much better than the enemy? He had attempted to atone, by saving children. Yet, it didn't seem to be enough.

Moriarty stopped, and Tagas realized he had been screaming. The leviathan dangled something bloody before Tagas's eyes, and the angel realized it was his own skin. Then the monster ate it.

"Mm, delicious. Fresh angel skin," Moriarty licked his fingers then, as Tagas watched him with wide eyes. "Are you ready to talk?"

"I won't talk," Tagas said through gritted teeth. He was not going to betray his brothers.

"Oh, should I get your apple pie on the rack next? Maybe the two cherubs that think of you as a parent? One of the unprotected ones would be nice as well. Like this boy here," Moriarty left the room, and came back with a baby. He held the sleeping babe so Tagas could see it. It was Hugo.

"Don't you dare harm him," Tagas imagined Greta, all in tears. Augustine devastated.

"I have them all, all of your cases," Moriarty gloated. "I just thought that I will get the best reaction out of you with this one. Such a small cherub. So, easily breakable."

Moriarty kissed Hugo's head, and his blue eyes opened slowly. The boy looked to Tagas. Upon seeing the blood, he began to cry.

"Now — now. Your uncle Tagas is not going to let anything happen to you," Moriarty smirked, as he spoke in baby talk. "He is going to talk. Answer all of my questions, and then agree to..."

The door slung open, and Harry barged in. Moriarty held one clawed finger at the baby's throat.

"Harold, what a delight to see you," Moriarty murmured, and Hugo began to cry louder. "How did you find me?"

"You warded the place against angels, but not against demons," Harry snapped, and then walked into the room. He took one look at Tagas, whose jeans were still down, and his blood boiled.

1