Section One-Chapter 5-Suicidal!
33 1 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

. 

. 

. 

“You get it now”. 

“It makes sense”. 

Nope! 

‘It absolutely doesn’t make sense at all! I have so many questions! Why didn’t somebody stop him or come up with another idea than sending somebody like me!’ 

‘I'm so scared bro! My skin is literally drying up! Kill a person, like in the movies!!! I'm just a kid! This must be child abuse!’. 

The blue pervert finished the tale. It was a rather unbelievable tale. I still didn’t believe it. Yet what evidence did I have to refute him. 

 

“Are you some kind of god”. 

“More like a demigod”. 

“uhh huh” 

“Your taking this pretty easily”. 

“I’m actually not”. 

“Yeah....…..I know”. 

An awkward silence took over, the blue guy looked at me and then snapped his fingers and some samosas appeared with water. 

 “Dig in, you look like you might faint”. 

“Thanks”. 

 

…. 

Yum! 

Honestly, I don’t know what to do. 

But, food is food! 

The stress of the last few minutes was instantly wiped out! 

While I ate happily, the door that I came through crashed open with a bang, and out came a smoked out individual.  

The pink guy looked terrible!  

His face was peppered with bruises and blood trickling down from all around his body. Rolling around in flames with smoke wheezing of him. 

“......” 

“.....” 

“Is he okay”. 

“No, our boss is here”. 

 

 

 

A man wearing a suit walked in. 

 

There's something about this man. 

‘I can’t see his face…..’. 

“You can’t”. 

“Is it because his all-powerful and I can't comprehend his true form".

It must be like those tv shows on the streaming websites I see, talking about the incomprehensible and superior life forms. 

 

“No, his just a normal god, he forgot to fix his face”. 

 

Well, that was a letdown. 

 

The guy approached us after kicking pink dude in the stomach. 

 

“This the kid?”. 

 

His voice was way too light, like a squeaky rat. I was starting to smile, but I forced it down. The guy wore a strange suit, with a dominate color of black and a rainbow vest. 

 

He immediately stared at me......I think he was staring; his face is still pixelated. 

“Hey, kid”. 

“Yes?”. 

  

  

“ I believe you already briefed on the subject.....I need you to kill that monster for me”. 

 

“ You guys brought me here , showed me all this, and your telling me that I should do it”. 

 

“Yes”. 

The guy either didn’t care or he always got what he wanted. 

 

“Can you at least give me reasons for why I should do it and also why me?”. 

 

“Yeah we might look a bit crazy, asking a random 11 year old boy to go to another world and kill a god”. 

 

“Why me?”. 

 

“You really want to know”. 

 

“Because we can.....Honestly you're just unlucky to have been chosen out of billions”. 

“Your just a child, but we chose you, because we can control you”. 

 

‘I freaking knew it, they are scammers!’. 

 

“Were not scammers” retorted the pink guy. Looks like he didn’t die. 

He walked up and sat right next to his brother, blue pervert. 

 

“Kid, we are going to use for our own benefit”. 

 

I didn’t cry or lose my mind; I was trying to figure out something. And nothing came up. These guys were too powerful. And I’m just a preteen. 

I’m scared. 

So freaking scared. 

Aunty where the hell are you!!! 

 

“We will compensate you and give you rewards”. 

 

“ That’s not enough, won’t I die?” 

“ No, you might survive if your smart” responded the blue pervert. 

  

“ But your not normal, you're not acting like a child begging us and crap” The suits guy responded with mirth. 

His.....correct about that part. 

A normal kid would respond in tears and begging and threatening. But I’m being pretty calm and my heartbeat is calm. The hospital says its because of trauma, which negates certain emotional responses. Tragedy dries up the tears over time. I don’t feel anything like fear when it comes to these guys......... I just want to bash their faces in. 

 

“ Those eyes are pretty dangerous, kid", exclaimed pink guy. 

 

“Look you help us and we help you” 

 

“What, did that guy kill someone I know or something.” 

 

“No, that’s impossible”. 

“You have no relation with this guy, we promise”. 

 

Blue pervert had a point, what if this was just a random event of picking me. And honestly, I want to believe that this Nareth guy might be responsible for all the suffering in my life. But that’s too impossible and I’m just overcompensating, seriously, I might need therapy. It made sense; I can prove this isn’t a dream or hallucination, because I don’t dream anymore and never dreamt with vivid images like this. This was real, because I remember how I got into this situation from the events starting in school to now. 

And if it was a dream, it can’t hurt to say yes. But if it wasn’t, I’m doomed for life. 

 

“Ok, I’ll accept”. 

“Thanks”. 

The blue pervert snapped his fingers and the air pressure in the room immediately became a bit heavier and then a parchment of paper came out of existence. 

  

The paper was in front of me, the letters were so alien and strange. But it glowed with a red tint. 

 

“ I can’t read this”. 

  

“That can be taken care of”. 

Snapping his fingers again, the letter switch to the native Tamil I was used to seeing. 

 

But this contract was way too complex to understand. 

“Can you explain it”. 

“Yeah, okay”. 

“But promise…no swear in the name of the gods that you will tell the truth no matter”. 

“Damn, kid” 

“Okay, I swear in the name of the gods and my own name, I will tell the truth”. 

 

The sky quaked with thunder and convulsed with noise. 

 

“Your good, you brat”. 

Suddenly a woman appeared. 

The woman was huge, I almost screamed out my lungs, but the pink guy covered my mouth. The woman was like a doll, no features and no clothes, and where her head should have been.......... a diamond jewel. The voice that came out of hers was sweet and yet scraped like a rock on paper. 

“I’m the Goddess of Truth, Biope”. 

“In the name of the gods, do you swear you will tell the truth, Surtur, no matter the cirumstances!”. 

‘The woman commanded that suits guy, so his name was Surtr’. 

“I do”. 

“Good!” 

The woman suddenly disappeared with a pop. 

“Damn!”. 

“How the hell did you know!” 

The pink guy looked shocked. 

 

“Just a guess, I need 100% honesty”. 

  

“Well, you seem more dangerous than you age kid”. 

He looked pissed; I’m really going to die. 

 

“ Hey pink dude and blue pervert, what's your name” 

Should have asked for their names, but its never too late to ask. 

“Honestly, I was wondering when you were going to ask and what's with “Pink dude”, I kept hearing from your head”. 

“Sorry, and please stop reading my mind”. 

“ I refuse, you're too interesting”. 

“Anyhow, it not “blue pervert” you rude punk, its Sipen and “pink dude” over there is Noct, we are angels”. 

“ I thought angels had wings and were beautiful”. 

“Kid, you have been saying a lot of rude stuff lately”. 

“Just forgetit........We are wasting time!” 

“Lets begin”. 

“The contract is to slay Nareth’s vessel”. 

“ Nareth will appear in that world in 12 year time”. 

“But since that world and your world have different timescales, it will be difficult”. 

“What do you mean?”. 

“When you go to thhe world, you will have a certain time limit to return home each time”. 

“What we're saying is that each day you spend on earth, you have to spend in that other world, so for example, tomorrow you get teleported to that and you do your mission and then when its time you are sent back to earth at the exact moment you left. 

Noct seems a little nicer. 

So that means I won't be transported permanently for the time being, but on a timescale and Noct explanation proves its one-day everyday till……? 

  

“Hey, you said 12 years from now, does that mean when I’m 23 he will appear inside that vessel, why can’t I kill him before or after”. 

Sipan looked at Surtr and then at me, he spoke with derision. 

“Not exactly, you will do battle with him and he will die. Yes, you will be 23 at that time” 

“What will I do in the meantime”. 

 

I suddenly had a bad feeling. 

  

“You should get stronger in these 12 years “. 

Madness. That’s insane. 

“Does that world have Magic”. 

 

This bad feeling was bubbling up again. 

  

“Yes, yes it does”. 

“Oh my god”. 

Are you kidding me, come on! I’m going to die. 

 

“And there are magical beasts”. 

 

“Magical Beasts?”. 

 

“ The creatures on that world are kind of different from what you usually see, to tell you the truth, most of the fauna or native animal species would be very different from what you usually see, but there would be some similarities”. 

“Magical Beasts in general would-be things you have heard about from myths and legends”. 

“Like dragons or demons”. 

“Well, demons are a people of that world”. 

“Oh….”. 

Like, are their also elves, yokais, and flying tortoises. I’m a bit interested. 

  

‘In that world, Magic is very common, for example, a group of 1000 people would have 5 high level user and 800 normal users and the rest are below average users.” 

“What the hell”. 

 

“Kid, stopping cursing it might become a habit”. 

  

I’m really starting to get mad at Pink dude. 

‘This is insane....Money....He said money!!.....Some extra money wouldn’t be so bad.” 

“I need a lot of money as compensation and also a bank account, pay me till the end of this contract which is 12 years from now”. 

 

“Okay, how about 71 million Rupees every year for the next 12 years and we will get you a good job with a great company with lifetime retirement and investment assets”. 

‘ Aunt and Uncle would be happy......And that’s a lot of money!!! Forget it, I'm rich!!’.  

 

“That’s insanely good, what about a job after Trial, with extra 25 million”. 

 

“Kid.....greed is a sin”. 

 

‘Kidnapping and torture is a sin too, uncle”. 

 

“Touche” 

 

“So how is this going to work, I just sign right?”. 

 

“Yeah, just sign”. 

 

A sinking feeling erupted. 

 

But I ignored it and went to grab a pen. 

 

.. 

…. 

... 

I should have noticed it then. 

The next five years from now, I would not only curse myself but everyone in that damn room, especially that pink dude. 

The next six years after that, I tried to commit suicide......Four times!.  

Seriously whoever makes a preteen sign some very binding contracts should be hanged in the streets. 

Life is not easy! 

  

…. 

  

…. 

  

“Okay”. 

That Surtr guy rolled up the contract in a flash with a snap of his fingers. 

“You guys, get this kid ready and brief him on everything”. 

With a turn, the guy jumped out of the couch and ran to the end of the hall, a door appeared, and he waltzed right in. 

 

“Uhmm, okay that was anticlimactic, I expected him to burst into flames”. 

“Yeah, me too”. 

 

Seriously blue pervert......... are you paying attention at work! 

 

“Let's begin, you will need to know some specifics about your situation, right?”. 

“Yeah” 

“The world you're going to is rather different in the sense of everything....And I mean everything”. 

  

“What we're saying is that, you can’t easily assimilate into the cultures and societies , the problem is that its rather different in how they see things like.... work or friends”. 

 

“In that world, its technologies is similar to the end of the Iron Age on earth, so like the Mauryas and Eighteen Kingdom eras”. 

“Associations of people with expertise's are common in some places and others it's pretty rare, sometimes with craftsman guilds and whatnot”. 

“There are many governments forms in that world like empires or mercenary states. Tribes and democracies”. 

  

“Honestly, kid …..... our information is 400 years outdated, so a lot of stuff might not be the norm”. 

 

Forget this! I'm might die on my first day. 

 

“Where will that Nareth guy be summoned to the vessel”. 

 

“That’s easy, right here” 

blue pervert brought out a map of some landmasses strewn together. And pointed to the far end of a supercontinent, his finger stuck on a dot on near the coast. 

 

“Aesari” 

  

“But we can’t summon you in that city, we have to summon you right here” 

The pink dude pointed at the other side of the continent, right next to the western 

coast. 

‘Hold on, hold on, you expect me to travel across this entire continent within 12 years and to fight Nareth ”. 

“Yeah”. 

“You guys are insane…” 

I put my head in my hands, and despaired, such stupidity. 

 

“ Don’t worry, we will give you this and that” The pink dude snapped his fingers and two stuff popped into existence. 

One was a giant book, and another was a piece of paper. The book suddenly lifted up into the air and went in from of me, opening its own pages it flipped to a page. 

 

There was a picture of my face and a bunch of numbers: 

 

Ravi-Vare 

Level 1 

Race: Human 

Skills: 

Experince Points: 0/35 

  

Health: 400/400 

Mana Points: 15/15 

Energy: 40/40 

Damage %:? 

Resistance %:? 

Accuracy %:? 

Resurrection Points: 0/5 

Minigame Points: 

???? 

? 

? 

? 

? 

? 

…. 

…. 

 

‘Hey, isn't this like a game’. 

 

“Yes and No, nobody but yourself has this leveling system, since you’re a child, were going to be a little nice”. 

“What do you mean by that?”. 

“It's quite simple, and you will figure pretty quickly”. 

 

“Honest to god, why can’t you guys find a more suitable candidate”. 

 

“Kid, shut up and do your job, the contract makes you our slave”. 

 

I knew I would regret it, never thought it would be that quick. Why me!!!! 

 

“But you get paid though, so not a slave, but a contractor with very good gains”. 

 

“So, does these stats reflect me accurately”. 

 

“Do I get some magic skills”. 

 

I dropped the ball on this one, I really want magical powers! 

  

“Sorry, no can do”. 

Okay, he must be joking. 

“Your joking, right?”. 

“NO”. 

The blue pervert retorted. 

Huh. 

Uhh. 

What…. 

“Are you freaking kidding me!” 

I had enough of this crap, I jumped out of the couch and ran away. 

 

I don’t care anymore !!! 

 

Seriously! 

They want me to fight a god without Magic, what madness is this! Every manga my 

rich cousins showed that powerless people die, right?! 

 

Give my S#iyan powers or no deal! 

 

I ran. 

 

And ran. 

 

I ran and ran, I don’t know how long, and I looked back……… I was still 5 feet away from the meeting place, blue pervert and pink dude looked awkwardly at me?! 

Freaky magic. 

“WHY!” 

“Kid, just shut up and sit down, you're scaring Noct”. 

Pink dude did look he was cringing a bit too hard, am I that embarrassing, right now? 

 

“okay”. 

 

I walked back to the couch and plopped down. 

  

“You can do Magic , but there is a level restriction, the level to be able to do Magic for yourself is 50”. 

“Wait… doesn’t that mean I will meet people who could do magic”. 

“Yeah…..”. 

“I’m going to die, right?”. 

“No, you won’t, you haves Skills that don’t cost mana and are nondetectable”. 

 

“Really, like what?”. 

“ ………”. 

“Nothing………” 

HUH?! 

“Are you sacrificing me or something”. 

“No, you have an advantage of not dying”. 

“Is it about those resurrection points?”. 

“Yes, every time you gain a lot of Exp Points, you can refill the resurrection, so you should be able to figure it out?”. 

“Also don’t die before you fill it up, because you will actually die!”. 

 

“You guys keep telling me to figure out this and that, why can't you just tell me!” 

 

“Because it might narrow your growth”. 

 

The pink dude and blue pervert looked at me and blue pervert spoke. 

 

“Look kid, your already pretty smart and will be able to do more complex planning later on”. 

 

“36% in that world is born with some form of Skill or Magic Power”. 

 

“You won’t be abnormal, but you are the most abnormal of them all”. 

 

“You can get stronger”. 

“Much stronger”. 

  

“ So what, I use those resurrections points to overuse resurrection and keep doing it till I win all battles”. 

“Oh child, are you some kind of idiot?”. 

“Your growth would be slowed with extracting all that EXp Points” 

“Think bigger kid”. 

“…….?”. 

“You will understand, we should continue”. 

…. 

…. 

... 

The duo briefed me on everything else, from the random summoning times to how will I eat. They also told me something interesting about becoming stronger, I could easily ask for a gun, but they went against that offer immediately. They said because of my build and speed, being an archer is best and the minigames function would be the best place to test out my skill. 

“So minigames….?”. 

Looking at my confuses face, the blue pervert added. 

“Just say “Minigames””. 

“Minigames”. 

The book immediately made a POP sound, and lifted itself in front of me, the pages started flipping around and landed on a section with minigames on it. A blue light glowed. 

“Begin”. 

….. 

…... 

... 

My mind immediately broke. A searing pain enveloped my head. 

Before I could scream, it suddenly stopped and I opened my eyes, I was in a different place. 

 

It was a forest. 

 

A strange forest, with blue Leafs and red earth. 

“What the hell”. 

I looked around and I found a bow with pocket of arrows. A bunch of targets suddenly appeared, floating in the air. 

  

I grabbed the bow and arrows, and then a hologram like from those sci-fi tv shows appeared with the words “Archery Bonus: Hit five targets for 5 EXP and New Weapon Skill learned”, it glowed floating around. 

Then a bunch of numbers appeared, it looked like a timer. The timer started. It was like those timers that Olympic people used. 

 

“Okay…..?” 

 

I stretched out the string just like I saw in some movies, mimicking it to the best I can. It was hard, the damn string was too strong but I was able to stretched it with the arrow inside. 

The arrow was already notched, and I let go of the string. 

 

Missed. 

 

As expected, it didn’t hit anything. 

 

“Lets get to practicing then…!!!” 

 

A red person appeared out of nowhere. This guy was just red, no features, just a hologram of a person. 

The best description…… 

A blocky red cgi guy. 

He had a bow with him, he readied the weapon and fired, it landed right on course and hit beautifully. 

 

He then did it again slowly. 

 

“He wants me to follow him”. 

 

I readied and followed his lead. 

 

…. 

0