Section One-Chapter 7-New World
20 1 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

. 

Day 1 In the New World. 

Right now, I'm trudging through the surrounding landmass of the lake. When I first noticed my environment, I thought it looked like a jungle, but the trees gave it away. The trees resemble Taiga, I seen some on that science channel from Bhutan. 

I summoned the Skill book and sure enough it popped up. I began looking through my status. The Weapon Skill level for archery was Level 2. I need to increase the level fast. I went to the map section and zoomed into my location, sure enough a red dot appeared showing my location. 

 

“Northwest…..” 

 

“The timer for the door to take me home is around 23 hrs”. 

A hologram suddenly appeared; weird words written in my native Hindi was plastered in green. 

 

“Archer Construction?”. 

 

Whistle! 

 

I whip my head around and I see a red block head looking at me. 

 

Red teacher!!! 

 

“Teacher it's been a while!" 

 

We shook hands in pure understanding. He then pointed at a branch and began describing an object with his hands. 

 

Knowing it's going to be a long lesson, I gathered everything that was necessary: 

A long stretchy branch, a stringy mulch, and many other pieces. 

 

Damn, the Red Guy is prancing around me again. In the training session, he kept doing this for days, pointing out every problem with my behavior and gait. 

 

As I carefully constructed the bow, I began to quietly observe my surroundings. The trees are obviously too alien, the skies have a purplish color, the ground looks normal enough with red brownish earth. 

 

Clop! 

 

The string broke! 

 

Calm down, Red Guy! 

 

Ow ow ouch! 

 

“I’m sorry, I will do it again”. 

 

And again. 

 

And again. 

 

The bow broke about 13 times before I got a working model. The string mulch just needed extra-long roots, curving the branch was a good idea. 

  

As my eyes wandered, I looked at my Skillbook and asked for the map. The map showed my dot, but now it had a name for the place I was in. 

The Nortek Valley. 

 

“Okay “Skillbook”, how long would it take to get to Nareth’s target site”. 

 

The map zoomed out and began to circulate strange numbers around and a line was 

stretched from my location to the target. A number came up. 

 

“Estimated time is 5 years………huh……..?”. 

 

That can’t be right. 

 

“That’s way too long”. 

 

“This continent has two more continents connected………… I have to start now!!”. 

 

The map indicates to start moving north and then a fork should appear. It would then be a bunch of roads I would have to trek and then forests, mountain hiking. 

….. 

….. 

  

…. 

 

12 hours till the door appears. 

 

 

 

I’m shaking right in fear. Why me.....Why me. 

 

Does the Will of the Universe want me to be dead? 

 

Come On! 

 

“Freaks”. 

 

My eyes were stricken with fear, sweat naturally flowed, and my mind was racing, my heartbeat closely follows. 

 

‘How……what?!”. 

  

12 meters from the bushes I was hiding in. 

 

4 people were camping. 

 

People? 

 

They didn’t even look human in my eyes. 

 

Yet they were human. Their skin was white, like pale skeletal white, the hair that stretches out like a mane came in so many different colors that it almost looked like a bad cosplay. One had pink hair, another across from pink hair was a bright blue haired female, I think it was a female. The other two parallel had both red glowing hair, both possibly male. 

 

Neanderthals. 

 

The noses gave it away, the jaws were immense compared to a human, eye canals were too enlarged. Their faces were large compared to humans. I saw a rendition of a human skull and a neanderthal skull. That’s what they looked like, my textbook had a picture of them, ancient race that walked on earth.  

 

They are dead, right? 

 

‘I’m sure they went extinct, maybe they survived and escaped to this world’.  

 

I need more information, but I don’t feel safe enough to talk to them. They look violent and strange. They were eating something, a beef like meal. I think that might be beef from a big animal, I have never seen bright green meat in my life, though. They seem very relaxed, but they look a bit scary.  

 

Did they notice me? 

Because I'm sure they haven’t spoken, Neanderthrals can speak, right? 

…. 

. 

 

 

POV from the Pink haired male Neanderthal 

  

I think were being watched, it feels a bit faint. An animal, maybe? 

The rest of the guys already noticed the strange onlooker. Coming from a village of forest farmers, we were used to unknown threats especially in this dangerous valley. We have one specialized Fire Magic caster with us and the rest of us can use low level magic and weapons in tandem. 

 

Why are we in such a death trap? We are hunting of the weredragons , lots of coin if everything goes right. 

Weredragons are beings that can change into dragons.  

 

This damn forest is too scary, a child would be dead instantly. The ground is too slippery and the forest is too dense, yes, whatever is looking at us must be a threat? 

…. 

…. 

 

 

POV from the Blue haired female Neanderthal 

  

Why the hell are we acting as if were not being watched?! 

 

I’m a bit horrified, is it a monster?! 

 

A child in the cursed Nortev Valley is too crazy, anything that might be walking this deep in the Valley shouldn’t be underestimated. 

That were-dragon! When I get my hands on that lizard, I’m shredding its skin with a razor! 

 

Why!? 

 

Hmmm?! 

 

The boss just gave a signal. 

 

‘Surround that thing and pincer…Huh okay….You two stop diddly dallying!!” 

 

Giving them a nod, me and the twins got up and left the camp. We then split separately and disappeared into the bushes. 

 

The hunt begins! 

  

.. 

. 

. 

. 

POV from the Twin Neanderthals 

  

“Hey big bro, why don't we attack forward”. 

“We don’t know what was looking at us and this is far safer”. 

When hunting, its always good to have every advantage possible without the creature noticing. 

 

The numbskull brothers carefully treaded into to following the big sis and then promptly separating into a three individual strike. Being separated might seem foolish but it was to lessen improbable events. They knew it was going to be dangerous, whatever was looking at them wasn’t anyone normal. This valley didn’t need an explanation when it came to the level of uninhabitable environments and monsters that stalked its crevices. 

 

The little bro just became a specialized user just last week, Fire Magic! 

 

The numbskull brothers were going to live large after hunting down the weredragon, money literally would fall from the sky! 

 

. 

. 

. 

. 

Back to Ravi 

 

 

 

 

  

I was running. 

Running hard and fast. The Red guy appeared next to me and almost gave me a fright, I almost gave my location away to those Neanderthals. But it kept indicating to follow him, so I promptly crawled out and ran slowly. I began speeding up when red guy started to run faster than before. 

‘ What's wrong with him’. 

As I sprinted after him, it suddenly stopped and pointed at a bunch branch and some stone, it then began mimicking something. 

 

So I brought Skillbook and it had some visuals moving of a spear and sling weapons. 

 

Looks like I have work to do. 

 

I have a bad feeling, but it seem like Red teacher wants me fight those guys. There's no way that’s the case, that’s just crazy. 

 

Its jumping around and stomping, okay I will work. 

 

Let's first get those branches……. 

….. 

 

 

2