Side story : Hyuga 1
91 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Side story : Hyuga 1

It's been more than three months since I arrived in this village as well as this world. My life? There were a few things I did have to adjust to, but for the most part I was pretty adaptable.

Maybe because in my old world, I was quite used to traveling to remote places, even since I was a child.

It's just that, the most difficult for me to adjust is my old hobby. I have to say goodbye to manga, novels, movies, variety show series and games! That's the most difficult for me right now.

Fortunately, there are many new things that I can learn and make, at least I will use this to distract myself.

Besides that there are people who are involved worked with me, luckily I always prepare a plan if I disappear at a certain time.

One of my current goals is to learn how to make magic items and magic tools to make my life more comfortable here. Luckily, that man, Mr. mysterious wannabe 'C', he gave me a book and it contained the basic concepts for making magic items and magic tools. 

Speaking of here, the civilization in Camillia village was not much different from the villages in remote areas I had been in. What I mean is most remote area out of nowhere deep in the mountain or forest back in my old world. So no electricity and some other technologies.

This village prioritizes hunting and agriculture, unfortunately due to its location near the [Great Forest of Ragnag] the villagers choose not to rely on livestock.

Most of the houses still use firewood for cooking, clean water can be taken from the river in the east or existing wells. But there is one unique thing that is different from anything i’ve seen in my old world, namely the lamp which is a magic tool.

Using magic crystals obtained from beast bodies or there is also a type that can accommodate mana when the owner fill mana and recharges its energy. The light produced is bright enough to illuminate the house.

According to the information I got, the kingdom provided a subsidy for the sale of this [magic lamp], so that the public could still try to raise money and buy it. Although the price of magic items on the market is reportedly still quite expensive, magic lamp is much cheaper than other magic tools.

Therefore, at least every house can have one magic lamp even though it is in a village like this.

This also makes me even more excited to learn how to make magic items and magic tools. Not for profit, but the priority is to make my life more comfortable.

For example, like the weather lately, it looks like summer is just around the corner, having AC or at least a fan would be very helpful.

When I was sent to this world, the weather around entered the spring, in other words the seasons in the two worlds were almost the same consisting of four seasons.

As for food.. I miss the packaged seasonings and sauces that were in my old world. MSG!!!

The eating culture in this world is not too far behind considering that there are also Easterners who have arrived in this world. So far the food I ate in the village and the food vendors in Rockaxe town tasted quite delicious, one day I will traveling for food hunting in this world.

I explained why my longing for packaged seasonings and sauces is so big, as I have already told you, currently I am living with Leo. Two men live together and he is very focused on his work. Plus now that I live, work and learn from him, it's only natural that I  take over cooking duties.

Therein lies my longing.. I used to rely too much on packaged seasonings and sauces when cooking at home for myself... I left more complicated cooking methods to my colleagues.

I need to retrain myself in cooking too...

For foodstuffs, vegetables and fruit there are many that have in common with my old world and the name is also the same. But there are also many other types that I have never met.

For even more, unique animal protein! First, the animals that are bred, or here are categorized as harmless beasts, have more diverse types.

For meat I've seen at a butcher: wild chicken, four wings chicken, lazy beef, wild buffalo, jumping lamb, pig runner.

Not to mention the meat of the beasts that are hunted, such as horned rabbit, orc, rust turkey and brown boar meat which is quite a lot in this area, and many other types.

Unfortunately, there are only a few fish around here, considering this area is quite far from the sea and we can only find it in rivers.

The staple food of most people consumes refined flour, but we can also find rice, although the price is a little more expensive, because it comes from a different region.

Culinary is one of my to-do list in this world!

2