Chapter 4 – One by One, Step by Step (part 1)
89 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 4 – One by One, Step by Step(part 1)

Two months had passed, since I went with Yui to the highlands where cycles of mana were best near the village, and I slowly began to understand the concept of mana itself. Today, I will visit Rockaxe city with Bent, Yugo and Silvet.

Silvet is the vice instructor of Ricardo, a very relaxed looking man in his late 30s, with a face that still looks like 20s, and eyes that always seem to be almost closed. He was the one who encouraged me (sarcastically), when I was going to fight with Ricardo.

This time we went to the Rockaxe city with two goals, to sell some gear that Leo and I made and also visit the adventurer's guild at the Guildmaster's call.

When we arrived at the adventurer's guild, we were immediately directed to a large meeting room and the guild master and one of the guild staff were already waiting for us inside.

"Thank you for coming, we will immediately call the other members. "

Said the guild officer, and about 20 minutes later several people gathered in this room. Several formidable-looking adventurers plus three knights were present.

“Alright everyone, I'm Thomas, the adventurer's guild officer in this town. I will explain about a quest that will involve everyone in this room. 5 months ago we received a report from the vigilante corps from Camellia village regarding the appearance of a large number of beasts, and the appearance of 3 orcs in outer parts of the Great Forest of Ragnag. We dispatched adventurers to hunt at several spots mostly in outer side of the great forest and showed almost the same symptoms in that places. "

Several people in the room began to look serious hearing the notification.

“After that we sent some scouts to check the state of the great forest. From the middle and partly in the deeper parts of the forest, we received reports, that beast activity was getting more active and the scouts found a new [Dungeon] appearing in the observation area. "

' DUNGEON???!! ', I scream in my mind.

“Have you checked the inside of the dungeon? ", Said one who looked very burly with a large sword nearby.

“The scouts only made it to the 3rd floors of the dungeon. However, according to observations, the dungeon was still newly formed, probably didn't have too many floors yet. It's just that its location is a problem. "

The dungeon is a place where beasts can appear quickly and most say, that the dungeon itself is a kind of beast with a unique category and it's still a mystery until now.

Dungeons often appear at points that are difficult to predict. Troublesomely, the dungeon's appearance had an effect on the surrounding beasts, making them more active than usual.

The most troublesome, when the dungeon is not destroyed or managed by reducing the number of beasts in it. The appearance of a large number of beasts to the surface or what is commonly called Stampade, can occur at any time and this can be very dangerous for the surroundings.

Dungeons can usually be destroyed if the dungeon core that is in the deepest area is destroyed, or part of it can be picked up and taken out.

“That's why we gathered several D rank adventurer party leaders and above. 1 rank B [Dawn Light], 3 rank C [Lighting] [Aqua Slasher] [Dark Rhino] and 3 rank D [Dark Blanket] [Tomahawk] [All Fang], 1 royal knight squad and 1 vigilante corps team from Camellia village. Then we also prepared several support teams that will be selected later. You can recommend a support team, or the guild will post the quest on the bulletin board for parties below rank D. The preparation period will last for one month, so please prepare carefully. "

Everyone nodded and left the room one by one, only leaving us, the Guildmaster and the three knights left.

“The chief cannot participate in the quest this time. ", Silvet casually said that.

“It would be a pity if Ricardo-dono couldn't participate in the quest this time. "

Said a knight sitting between the two people who were standing guard him. This knight is one of the squad leaders of the royal knights who served in this city, Murdock Willz.

“That boy got a different assignment? ", The Guildmaster sternly looked at Silvet.

“I can't say anything, but chief told us he will wait and standby in the village. Plus, we have additional members this time. ", With his eyes not showing much due to his habit, but I'm sure he's glancing at me.

“Our newbies have to have an interesting experience every now and then. Ha ha ha ha... "

"Since when did I become your member? Ricardo asked me to be in support group. "

“Oh, is this the person that Ricardo-san once told? ", One of Murdock's bodyguards looks at me excitedly.

“I don't know what he's talking about me… Haaa….”

"Of course about the person who dared to collide fist to fist head on with him. HAHAHAHA.... “

Silvet laughed very freely after saying that, Yugo seemed to be holding back his laughter, I saw the Guildmaster and Murdock laughed at Silvet's words.

Before we left, Ricardo told me to help Silvet by becoming a member of the support squad on his recommendation.

To be honest, at first I didn't want to get involved because they didn't explain what we were going to do, but after hearing about dungeons of course I became more interested.

After a meeting in the guild, we went to several places to buy the things we needed, so I looked for some things. Two months ago, my savings amounted is 1 gold, 63 silver and 5 copper, plus my part-time work helping the villagers, running some quests and from the sales of my handcrafted items, I managed to save about 3 gold.

I only use the money I have just for daily necessities, such as groceries, buying some clothes and pants. Although buying new clothes was quite expensive in a civilization like this, I also bought personal necessities for my study materials in terms of forging and crafting magic items. Besides, the only thing I bought was quite expensive was a book.

In this age of medieval civilization, mass-producing objects had yet to be invented and because of this, new clothes and books were still quite expensive items.


When we arrive at the village I tidy up the things I bought in Rockaxe, and when Silvet looks at the books I bought.

"Hyuga, you really study hard..."

“You, between praising or making fun of it is difficult to distinguish. "

"You have a hard time accepting compliments from people older than you..."

"Only applies to you only! "

“ HAHAHAHA... The vice chief and Hyuga never get along... ah! "

“Please take my things to Leo's place, Ricardo told me to meet him when he came back. "

I handed the things over to Yugo and asked him to deliver all my stuff. When we meet Ricardo in his room, Silvet reports to him the results of the meeting.

"Did you already guess it? ", I asked Ricardo, and the look on his face grew even more serious.

“It's just a hunch, and my hunch says it's better if I don't participate in the quest this time. Plus this. ", Ricardo pulled out a letter from behind his desk.

“Chief, are you sure you want to tell him this? "

"I believe in the Hyuga. The Grand Tempestade in the west seemed to be quietly making their move. "

“But, it shouldn't affect our kingdom directly, right? "

Grand Tempestade is a very large kingdom located in the western part of this continent, and is directly adjacent to the kingdom I am currently in.

Although, most of its borders were blocked by the mountain range and great forests of Ragnag, however, they were not one to be let go by without cautious.

9 years ago, they started their invasion of several surrounding kingdoms. Mash and Nash are examples of people whose kingdoms have been conquered, and whose territories have been absorbed by the Grand Tempestade.

Their invasion was halted, when the Kingdom of Armonia managed to intercept them on a mountain path northwest of the city of Rockaxe. At the same time, the Kingdoms of Calme in the south and Kingdom of Eisen in the north attacked simultaneously.

Since then, the three kingdoms bordering the Grand Tempestade have tightened their guard at the border and have managed to contain it until now.

In addition to having a very strong and large military force, in recent years, what is even more suspicious is their behind-the-scenes movements.

“If Ricardo said it, we can only believe him. Don't worry, let Silvet take care of the dungeon. "

"You have to take care of it too! "

“Alright… I'll start preparing a few things for the quest. "

“I want to call Walter to help with the quest this time. Silvet, Bent, Yugo and Walter will be the fighting squad and you are the support. "

“Your terms are really troublesome, Hyuga. "

“In my old world, I was relaxing from troublesome things, and I still want to enjoy them for some time. "

In the past few months we've become closer, and both of them are quite familiar with my martial arts abilities, thanks to Ricardo and I's previous fight.

Prior to this, Ricardo had received a request to send some vigilante corps to several villages located very close to the great forest of Ragnag. Because of that, I've agreed to help out if needed. But on one condition, I ask them to keep my abilities a secret, and don't spread the story of me fighting with him more than this.

Ricardo didn't mind it, but Silvet who liked to tease me a bit objected.

Besides, I don't want to bother, I believe, there are a lot of very strong people out there. Considering Ricardo and Silvet who in my opinion are quite, strong people, but they prefer to live in small villages.

And I'm also sure, among them there are people who like to fight and usually they are the type of people who are very troublesome. I still have a lot to learn, so I better stay under the radar.

I'm lucky, my grandfather doesn't know about this world, otherwise, I can't imagine what kind of training menu he would force me to do.

2