Chapter 7 – Preparation and Then Let’s Hit Them. (Part 4)
27 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 7 – Preparation and Then Let’s Hit Them. (Part 4)

~Rony POV~

“Hey, how do you guys think we were put in this squad? "

My name is Rony, one of the knights from Rockaxe city. I come from a family of commoners, most of my friends also became knights and soldiers in the city of Rockaxe where we were born and grew up.

Indeed, not all knights are born in this city, those from villages around Rockaxe also have the opportunity to become soldiers and if they have the potential and can pass the exam, and get a recommendation, they can also become knights.

I also heard, people from the village who have fighting skills, but don't pass the test to become a soldier, they still have a chance to become village guards or adventurers. Actually, I was lucky enough to pass the entrance exam and rise to this position, even though I was already prepared to try other fields if I didn't pass, and thought I might as well become an adventurer.

It's not that I underestimated the work like adventurers, some people who didn't pass the exam I heard of were successful in living their lives as adventurers and growing. However, I'm more grateful now, I got a job that pays stable and I can stay close to my family, plus being a knight will be in less danger than adventurers, as long as there are no wars or stampedes when large numbers of beasts appear and threaten security. Residents in this region.

Our main task is to maintain the safety of the city and eradicate the beasts around the city and for areas that are further afield, usually our fellow adventurers have taken care of it first, basically, we protect this area and also the safety of its citizens.

This time my friends and I were chosen to participate in a new dungeon conquering quest, which is located in a great forest of Ragnag, to prevent the possibility of stampedes occurring.

On the one hand, I was worried, however, as a knight on the other hand, I was trembling, wondering what would happen. Arriving at Lily's village, I was even more motivated, when I saw the villagers that I was going to protect by completing the mission this time, but challenges after challenges kept popping up.

When we first entered the dungeon, we already received a surprise ambush while we were resting, we managed to defend well because of the commander's instructions. But there is still one person that bothers me and that person is called 'Hyuga'.

As we departed from Rockaxe, I heard his name when he was appointed the leader of the support squad, I heard he was a blacksmith from Camellia village, who was also registered as an adventurer.

At first, I thought he was an adventurer with a high rank, but after talking to a few people, it turns out that according to the rumors circulating, he is still a rookie and looks like that. But he has an ability detected a goblin mage that some of us don't even realize and breaks through the enemy to finish it off.

We are currently in the fourth level of the dungeon and preparing to face the beast wave of attack. This time I was placed in squad 4 under Hyuga, along with 3 of my fellow knights, 2 adventurers from the Tomahawk party and 2 more from the support squad.

“The captain has already decided, we just need to do it as best we can. ", Ahka answered seriously. From the first time I met him, he always looked serious even in his daily life.

“I'm not sure about the leader on this team, moreover, there are two newbies from the support team. " A burly man with the characteristics of the dwarf race with a bald head and beard, a member of the Tomahawk party answered me while placing a large ax on his shoulder, then continued speaking.. “And I heard a bunch of strange rumors about that Hyuga lad. "

“Rumors? "

"Hmm! I heard he's still at rank F, but he can casually join the meeting with the other leaders. Not to mention, it seemed, he was the one who made a lot of suggestions to the leaders and they listened to his words. Don't you guys find it strange, someone at such a low level but getting attention? "

“I heard it too! According to rumors, it was said that the incident in the first level, he was the one that predicted something was suspicious. "

"And even more strange, I heard it only based on his hunch. "

The others also participated in responding to our conversation. The two people from the supporting team are currently talking to Hyuga, it seems they have given a shield by him. After that, they together headed towards us.

1