Side Chapter 2 – When The Moon Is Out, Beathe In Moonlight Part 2
1.9k 26 40
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Warning: This chapter is best not read by sensitive people. It does not have a meaningful impact in the story, so it is recommended to be skipped.

 

"Come in." I spoke to the person outside. The walls weren't so thick so I think that she could hear me.

 

As I had expected, soon after a maid from the mansion opened the door and moved to in front of me. She used the traditional maid costume from the empire. I heard that there are a lot of different maid costumes in Kalestia. I bet Adeline would look good in all of them. She is a beauty after all. 

 

"My lady, your father has sent you a letter." She said as she gave me a small letter. It was the typical white rectangle with a red circle on the middle for the seal.

 

I wonder what happened. It has been a good year since the last letter from father. He usually only sends me a letter when something important will or has happened. I hope everything is okay... well, I'm sure everything will be alright no matter what, but I can't help but get worried.

 

"Thank you, Adeline. You may leave now." I waved her off as I got off bed. I usually prefer reading things like this on my balcony. It is way more relaxing than reading on the inside.

 

I took a quick view of the city before opening up the letter. It wasn't that big since most of the resources went to the capital, but it was still the second largest city in the empire. Well, returning to the letter, I was a bit scared, but way more worried, so I rushed it a bit more than I usually do to open it.

 

The letter was quite short. I would say it's more of a note or a reminder written quickly and not minding being careful at all. 

 

As I started to read the letter, my face too started to close off. It seemed as if every word I read dropped my sanity by the same amount of letters in it.

 

It didn't take long for me to end it. I did not believe what its contents were. I did not believe what he said that happened really happened.

 

I cut the letter in tiny pieces and threw them all on my fireplace, before returning to the balcony and looking down at the city below me.

 

The only thought that I had at the moment was "why not" as I felt myself falling.

 

Adeline POV

 

Lady Dämmerun is taking quite some time. It has been some hours since I gave her that letter, and she still hadn't made any noise in the room.

 

Because of my duties, but also from my personal worry, I felt the nessecity to check on her.

 

"My Lady, is everything alright?" I ask her while knocking on the door softly. And there I waited.

 

Waited...

 

Waited...

 

I tried repeating the question some times already, but she did not answer.

 

I decided on opening the door on my own, and I got in as I said "Sorry for my intrusion."

 

She was not there.

 

Something was wrong.

 

I searched on the entire room and found nothing.

 

I tried looking on the balcony and saw nothing as well. No signs of Lady Dämmerun.

 

That was...

 

Until I looked down...

 

"Dear goddess..."

 

For the curious viewers, here is the letter since we wouldn't see it's contents otherwise.

 

"Dear Mila

Your sister has died giving birth to the heir of the empire.

I already sent people to get you there so that you can take her place.

From now on, you are officially engaged to Prince Dummkopf.

Try not to make a bad impression.

- Hässlich Dämmerun"

40