Side Chapter 1 – When The Sun’s Out, Beathe In Sunlight Part 1
1k 10 38
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

??? POV

 

"*sigh*"

 

Today has been a busy day. Goddess, I would do anything to not need to do paperwork ever again.

 

I am the second daugher of the Sonnig Empire's emperor's brother. I was named Mila Dämmerun by my father as soon as mother died when I was 2 years old. I do not remember anything from before that day, though.

 

My older sister, Elaina Dämmerun, was moved to the capital to learn how to become a proper Queen since she was 'sold' for the Emperor's son some days after that happened. But can't get in contact anymore so I can't question her about it.

 

Yes, I tried asking father before, but he just outright ignored me.

 

If I weren't made not able to leave this mansion in Sonnenuntergang city, I would have already ran away with the family heirloom, which is a circular shaped red hairpin, and pretended to be a commoner.

 

I hope my sister is alright. I heard that at the Kalestia continent, which by coincidence is the only continent other than the one we're in which is named Daslandes Himmels, marrying a cousin or sibling is forbiden by law. It would be amazing if we could live there.

 

If I manage to get out of this place, I'll make sure to go there first thing after I rescue my sister. Now the difficult part is how I will manage to get my sister out of the palace at all. I'm sure she would go with me if her personality didn't completely change from how she were before, but how would I first, get into the palace, second, leave the palace with my sister?

 

I'm already level 5 on sleep magic and I can make everyone on this mansion here sleep, so leaving here is not a problem. The main problem is all the powerful mages at the capital. I heard the most powerful of them managed to reach level 10 at both fire and earth magic! I don't think I could put them to sleep even if I tried my best.

 

Well, maybe I'll luck out and that mage will be out at the war that is happening. It's getting pretty bad, I heard half of our forces already died in battle. Well, I too heard the beastmen tribes around the capital were already annihilated, and the only ones left are the ones on hard to get areas like these who live underwater or deep inside the ground.

 

I wonder why this war even started. Ever since 19 years ago, when I was 2 years old still, this war is killing every time more people. The priests were talking about a profecy about a silver haired young girl finally ending the war, but I too heard that there was a profecy about the queen dying to give birth to the next and most powerful emperor from history, and one about the birth of a kitsune that would be born and ascend to become a Goddess who would change the entire world, but look, that was 15 years ago and still nothing happened.

 

I spent some more minutes daydreaming about things, until I heard a knock on the door.

 

Sorry for taking so long to post another one, I got affected by the curse of procrastination. I decided to go with twice a week, 900 words per chapter (It will only be about 600 for side chapters, and the ones that need to be longer will be separated into parts.) Also, the second and final part of this chapter will come out today as well, later on.

Thank you for reading, and have a nice day.

38