Chapter 8 – A Confusing Answer
38 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Sigh... What's wrong with me?"

After exiting Amane-san's residence, I took a taxi and got home. 

I showered and lay on the bed, thinking about what would happen tomorrow.

"Argh!!! How will I face her? Surely, she must be mad at me after walking out on her."

"Mou~. There's no use thinking about it. Let's get some shut-eye."

Thus, that's how my first day as a teacher assistant ended.

==================================================

"Doryaaa~~."

*Slam* 

"Rise and shine, Ko-kun! It's morning already."

"U-ugh... Can't you wake me up the normal way? Also, I can see your pant--."

"Kyah~! Ko-kun is a pervert! Take responsibility!"

"Yes, yes. Good morning to you too."

Airi jumped from top of me and fixed her uniform. While straightening out her uniform, I rose from my bed and got up. 

"Now that I think about it, your uniform looks cute. From what school do you go to, Airi?"

"Fueh? Ko-kun is interested in where I study! Did my charms and hard work pay off? At last, I triggered Ko-kun's flag!"

"What's with that game-like terminologies? Just answer the question, won't you?"

Although it was a bit forceful, I honestly needed clarifications. My mind was a wrecked ever since yesterday. 

Airi tilted her head and made a thinking pose. Then she leaned forward and said in a seducing way.

"What will I do? If you kiss me, then maybe I'll tell."

"Ugh."

"So, what will you do, Ko-kun?"

This girl! She's way over her head. I should retaliate and show I'm no pushover.

"Chuu~." 

"Waah!"

I kissed her. Of course, not on the lips but her forehead. Airi was caught off guard and moved a few steps back.

"Now, tell me the answer, Airi-san."

"A-A-Are you that desperate to know where I study? What are you planning on learning about it? D-Don't tell me you were planning to surprise fetch me after school? Kyaa~."

"Yes, yes. Enough with the jokes. I've already conceded to your demands. Uphold your end of the bargain, Airi!"

"Sigh, what will I do with you? Fine. I go to Fujimigaoka High. Class ends at around 4 pm, but I have student council duties, so I'm free at 5 pm unless there's a school event--."

"Okay, that's enough. Let's stop it there."

"Eh~h~. But I want Ko-kun to learn all about me. What's the reason for the sudden curiosity?"

"N-Nothing. I only want to know because I don't want you to be late for class."

"Ara ara~. Ko-kun is acting like a teacher already. Yes, Sensei! I'll study hard for our future. Tee-hee."

"The latter part was unnecessary. Just study hard. It's one of your responsibilities."

At least for now, I got the answers I needed, that Airi and Watanabe are two different persons.

"Now, let's eat breakfast, Ko-kun! Ah~n."

"I can eat on my own, thank you."

"Ko-kun is being a tsundere. So cute~."

After breakfasting, Airi, as usual, leaves the room first. Well, it's understandable since it would be bad if we were together in the morning. 

Especially for me, who was doing teaching assistant work, what would others think of Airi?

After preparing the teaching documents I needed for work, I left my apartment and proceeded to school.

================================================

"T-That was close. Nobody must find out about it. Kyaa~."

I quickly walked while mumbling that I hadn't seen what was in front of me and bumped into someone. 

"Are you alright?"

"Yes, I'm sorry-."

"Watanabe?"

Hasegawa-sensei? Out of all the places, why did it have to be here?

"H-Hasegawa-sensei? Ugh! You're always bumping into me a lot, aren't you? What a way to ruin a beautiful morning!"

'Why was it him of all the people?'

"You shouldn't be saying such things too in the morning, you know. Here, let me help you up."

"No thanks. I'm fine."

"Ah, yeah, I forgot. You have androphobia. By the way, you are sweating a lot? What's the hurry? There's still a lot of time before classes start."

"I-It's none of your business. Anyway, don't follow me, pervert!"

"Yes, yes."

I walked away and left for school. Hasegawa-sensei didn't see it, did he?

================================================

"Now, how should I apologize to Goto-san. Maybe I should do a dogeza. No, I didn't do anything wrong in the first place! Yes, that's right! But..." (AN: dogeza is a Japanese etiquette of kneeling and bowing on the ground as a sign of apology)

*Bump*

I bumped into someone while thinking such things. I should be mindful of my surroundings. 

"Are you alright?"

"Yes, I'm sorry-."

"Watanabe?"

'Huh? It's weird seeing her here. I wonder if she lives near here. '

I offered to help Watanabe, but she declined. I remembered she told me yesterday that she has androphobia. Maybe that's why. 

"... Anyway, don't follow me, pervert!"

After saying that, she quickly walked away. What a girl.

"Sigh, what a way to start the morning. Anyways, I should get going too. If only she could be like Airi. But a tsundere-like character isn't all that bad, too, I guess? I bet she's popular with the boys."

As I was ready to resume my walk on the way to school, I noticed something on the ground.

"Huh, what's this? A letter? It must have fallen off from when I bumped into Watanabe earlier."

I picked up the letter and was surprised to see the words written on the back.

"To Airi Shimizu..."

What does this mean?

1