Chapter 12: Getting Ready
408 0 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 12: Getting Ready

 

Once they’d recovered a bit, they made their way to the bathroom to get cleaned up. This time Bella was more comfortable with Lily and didn’t feel the need to use the sister persona.

 

They started in the shower with a quick cleanse and hair washing. Directly followed with an epsom salt bath. Some extracts good for muscle fatigue and energy were also added.

 

Next, they wrapped their hair, patted themselves dry and applied an alcohol free toner. Lily then applied the essence serum quickly on herself before leading Bella over to the massage table to apply hers.

 

Bella was actually quite eager to get onto the massage table for her. Not showing any of the reluctance she’d had the first night. Lily meticulously worked out any knots while applying the essence serum to her body, like a baker kneading dough.

 

Besides how good it made her body feel, they used the time to talk. They discussed anything that was on Bella’s mind to allow her to vent her frustrations, ease her tensions and help her relax. Once she couldn’t think of anything further, Lily would describe some random beautiful scenery for her to visualize and other positive things to further her relaxation.

 

She relaxed so well that she ended up dozing off by the end. Lily’s sweet voice was just that easy to listen to, easy to follow her words and she felt safe entrusting herself to Lily’s care. She woke up after the massage feeling a calm cheerfulness, self assured and light on her feet with a bounce in her step.

 

It was then time to go into the sauna and start their hair. They only really applied the conditioner and combed out the hair before their bodies started to dry out. So they left the sauna, applied body lotion and continued styling hair outside at the vanity station that was installed during the remodel.

 

Bella’s hair was curled with small rollers. While waiting, Lily used some larger ones on her own hair. Then Bella’s hair was swept back with an interlocking weave at the back of her head holding it behind her. Diamond headed bobbies were used to hold the weave in place with just the diamond at the end poking out.

 

Lily’s hair wasn’t as elaborate. She just kept it somewhat back with a large bow tied behind her head. Hair done, the girls got their clothes on and moved to the vanity set in Bella’s room. Light makeup was applied and some additional accessories.

 

They both looked quite pretty, but not to the point of having a special occasion in mind. More like they were ready to go for any day outing in the city. Both wore a pleated skirt of a different color, tops to match them and three-inch Mary Janes.

 

Much to Bella’s chagrin, Lily had emphasized that the socialites that she knew wouldn’t be seen dead in anything shorter. In fact, Bella would have to wear at least four-inches to other more formal events, but five-inches and up would be proper.

 

Now that she was ready, Bella spent the time before lunch to browse some of the catalogs, pre approved ones given by Lily of course. It was already the end of May and she would be getting her monthly allowance soon. Her bare closet needed filling up and she didn’t really have much planned for the money anyways.

 

Lunch etiquette, now that they were eating at the table, was a bit more in depth. Bella was feeling a bit incredulous by the end.

 

Don’t hop or noisily scoot your chair closer to the table. If someone doesn’t push it in for you, push it in close before sitting and simply sit closer to the front edge of the seat.

Don’t slump your back on the chair and sit up straight with shoulders squared and slightly back.

Don’t wing your arms out and don’t put elbows on the table.

Immediately place the napkin over your lap.

Keep your mouth closed while chewing and don’t take another bite before finishing the previous one.

Bring the food to your mouth as much as possible, not moving your mouth to the food. However, it’s permissible to lean forward slightly when eating particularly messy foods.

It’s best to not need to use the napkin at all, but if you must, then dab, not wipe.

Keep tableware noises to a minimum.

 

And those are just some of the more obvious ones. Bella was already aware and followed some. Others she would have to keep in mind. She would need to immediately put some of it to use. They were scheduled to go to La Maison D'hôtes over snack time for this weekend’s required event.

 

La Maison D'hôtes is a high-end restaurant and social club. RSVP is a must to get a table and they had several event rooms of various sizes as well. One such room was on permanent reservation and fondly referred to as ‘The Parlor’ by the regulars. Many of the elderly socialite women liked to gather there to gossip with each other. Sometimes they’d even drag granddaughters with them to show off.

6