Chapter 3: Build your Imperium, Orion!
132 3 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"You must have cheated," Ossilo, the Naga he had placed under a hypnosis, spoke with a pout. They were walking towards the outskirts of the forest, and Orion was scanning their surroundings for dangers.

"I am five hundred and two years old, Ossilo. In that time, I learned more than one trick," Orion boosted. Finally, they passed the sign that told them that the village was just five kilometers away. Orion looked into the map again, and turned left.

"So, you are an old man?" Ossilo spoke, his voice a bit teasing.

"As vampires go, I am a fledgling," Orion told the Naga. Ossilo then smiled and slithered faster. He got behind Orion and hugged his back.

"Ossilo, what are you doing?" The Naga's hands began to trace patterns in Orion's tunic.

"I took a sneak peek into your book. Your system had some very interesting things to write," Orion groaned and then looked at the book.

"Traitor," he muttered, and text appeared.

<The Vampire Dummies System keeps no secrets from those that ask it, unless ordered,> his system told him. Orion's right eye twitched.

"Well, I order you to not talk to anyone but me!" He spat, and then watched as the text appear again.

<But I am lonely, and you are boring, master,> the system whined, and Orion resisted the urge to throw the book down on the ground.

"You won't blab about what I am up to," Orion commanded again, and he could sense a shift in the book's mana. What, was the system trying to roll her nonexistent eyes at him?

<As you wish, master,> Orion nodded and then turned to Ossilo.

"I don't know what the system told you, but I am just looking for a partnership. I won't force anything on you that you don't ask for," Orion did not want the Naga to get any ideas that he was a brute. Because Orion was a gentleman, in his heart.

"So, you did nothing to me while you held me under hypnosis?" Ossilo asked, and Orion sighed.

"Not a thing. I didn't even touch you," at that, Ossilo snorted.

"Virgin," the Naga teased and then slithered into the forest.

"Ossilo, come back here. Ossilo!" Orion looked at the map. The white dot was not moving. He then looked into the direction where the Naga had slithered to. "Darn brat."

Orion marched into the direction of the Naga, and found the silver-blonde man before a cave.

"You told me that you will cover all of my expenses," Ossilo told him, not a hint of shame in his voice. "This dungeon core sells silk. But, won't sell me any."

Orion looked into the dark cave, and then at the Naga.

"Silk? Don't Naga go around naked?" Orion was curious now. For, surely, Ossilo could go around shirtless, just as he was now.

"Well, that is because you perverts like to see us naked and don't sell us clothes. Female Naga have to go around with animal pelts covering their chests. Well, I want silk," Ossilo would have stomped his foot, if he had one, Orion knew. The vampire looked into the cave, no, dungeon, and sighed.

"If I don't come back, my treasure is buried under the statue of the one-eyed wizard near the blueberry grove," Orion had already fed from the Naga. It was only fair that the creature was paid for that.

The vampire entered the cave, using a light wisp to guide his path. He saw a pit on the ground with tar in it, and he cupped his hands over his mouth, and shouted.

"Hey, dungeon core. I heard you have silks. I am here to buy some," a goblin appeared, spear in his little green hand.

"Master does not accept customers," the goblin spoke.

"And, why is that?" Orion spoke in the most level tone he could manage. Which still came out snappy.

"Because we need the silks to decorate the dungeon," the goblin told him, and Orion blinked. He looked around. The dungeon did look sparse.

"Well, I won't ask for much. Just enough for seven outfits for a Naga," Orion was not giving up. He was not that kind of man.

"Not even a single scrap will be sold!" The goblin seemed just as stubborn.

"What if I offer your dungeon gems with which to lure adventurers? You can scatter them around the dungeon. Then, your dungeon core will get more mana," Orion tried to bribe the goblin, and the green creature began to listen to something only he could hear.

"Master says that you can have some black and silvery silk. Some white, too. If you bring us three sapphires," Orion grinned and pulled three sapphires as big as walnuts out of his bottomless bag. He had not been entirely honest with Ossilo.

Sure, he had treasure buried under the statue, but he carried most of it in his bottomless bag.

"I need more than some," Orion told the goblin, who went to the nearest wall and petted it. A stone slab went over the pit, forming a bridge, and Orion crossed it safely. His book vibrated and he opened it.

<New Quest: Begin to build your Imperium.

You are in the best possible position to make business with the dungeon core of the Still Pound Cave. For long the hag of the Pine Circle has ripped all the creatures of the forest off and sold them just black cotton.

The Vampires Dummies System says: No longer!

Orion the vampire must open his own fabrics shop, with the dungeon as a supplier. If you fail the quest, you get the Failure badge and the book will change hands.>

"Oh, joy," Orion replied dryly. Well, he was going to be a merchant now. Well, he had been bored lately. What was the harm in dabbling into trading?

The goblin led him to the core room, and he saw the crystal that was the dungeon core. It was small, as crystals went. So, the dungeon core was not a powerful one.

"Master wants to ask if you have more jewels," the goblin spoke, as he went and began to take out bushels of silk from behind the dungeon core.

"Oh, I do. But, if your master does not step up their game, I think they will just get robbed blind. I can advise them, if they'd like?" Orion suggested, and the crystal pulsed.

"Master says for you to begin now. And that she would throw in an ivory comb, if your advice proves useful," Orion grinned. He was going to whip this dungeon into shape, and gift Ossilo the comb. His hair was nice and long. He would appreciate the gesture.

10