Chapter 6: The first day of the silk trade
88 4 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 6: The first day of the silk trade

Orion had made the stall by the waterfall, for it was a common watering site. Ossilo had worked the entire night, but now he had a white robe for himself. It didn't have any intricate stitching, but its cut was such that Ossilo's chest was on full display, and his lean physique was up for Orion's admiration.

The first to come was a witch, who was carrying her bottomless bag. She blinked at them all, staying behind a stall, with silk next to them. The woman approached them.

"Is that real silk?" The witch asked, as she stared at the bushels.

"From the Still Pond dungeon. Ossilo here can sew you almost anything," Orion boasted, and the witch eyed the Naga's robe.

"Fine make," she noted, not shy to admit that the white was making the Naga's silver-blonde hair stand out.

"I can make you a new robe," Ossilo suggested. He eyed the witch's curvy form, and already imagined taking her measurements.

"I suppose you can. Ok, I will buy enough black silk for a single robe. Dazzle me," the witch spoke, and Ossilo pulled out the black robe.

"Would you also like some red in your robe?" The Naga suggested. "And some yellow?"

"You are the one who is going to do the sewing. If you think I will benefit from it, then so be it," the witch winked at Ossilo, and the Naga took out a rolling meter, and took her measurements.

"I will need a day, to complete your order," Ossilo spoke. His fingers were nimble, but he was no mage.

"I will be back tomorrow. If your work is good enough, I will tell my entire coven," and the witch was gone. A coin pouch the only thing left behind of her.

Ossilo rubbed his hands together, and began to cut the silk. When he was done, both of his lovers stared at the artwork before them. This was no robe, shapeless and baggy.

This was more of a dress. With leaf shaped sleeves, a high color, a cut that accented the curves of the witch, and a red hem around the middle, as well as yellow silk on the sleeves.

"Wow, so pretty," they heard a voice, and saw a fairy fly over to them. "Can I place an order?"

"You sure can," Ossilo told her with a grin. "Would you like something similar?"

"Something a bit more conservative," the fairy said, blushing. "This is a bit too scandalous for a fairy."

"Who said that?" Ethinir asked, smiling at the fairy. "I am sure that you are a grown-up girl. Ready to dazzle the world. Ossilo can make you the robe to die for. Or, a dress that will make all the fae droll over you."

"My mother will not approve," the fairy said, and it was Orion's turn to defend Ossilo's work.

"Then, Ossilo can make you something that is fit for a princess?" The vampire asked.

"I can make you anything. The pink silk will suit you, but do you know what I think?" The Naga asked, and the fairy flew closer. "The red silk will make your hair stand out. Be adventurous, dear girl. Look at me, with my chest on display. Do you think I am ashamed?"

"I suppose that, if you don't make me something that shows as much skin, my mother won't say anything about it," the fairy agreed, and Ossilo took her measurements.

As the Naga worked, Ethinir began to play the harp, much to the fairy's delight. The book vibrated, and Orion opened it.

<Achievement unlocked: First steps!

Orion, you have started a small family business. Well, the business is more Ossilo's, but the territory is yours. You get the First day on the job badge. Keep on being peaceful! Or else...>

"Yes, well, I am glad you like my progress," Orion told the system. Seeing as the fairy was small, her dress was ready before long. She stared at the flowing silk dress, with its puffy sleeves, and its frills, and all she could do was fly around Ossilo in circles.

"Naga, you have golden hands," the fairy spoke. This was a dress fit for a ball. The fairy was going to be the envy of all the other fairies.

"My name is Ossilo, fair lady. Now, please give me the pleasure of seeing you in this dress," Ossilo handed the fairy the dress, and she went up in the crown of a tree to switch her clothes. When she flew back, she twirled in the air in her new dress, and then did a curtsy.

"Wonderful. Simply wonderful," Ossilo clapped, and the fairy blushed.

"I don't have that much money, but I can give you some fairy dust for the dress," the fairy spoke. Orion's eyes widened.

"Fairy dust, really?" He asked, amazed.

"It will make your Naga's hands all the nimbler, and he will be able to complete more orders," the fairy argued, not realizing that the vampire was not ready to protest.

"We will take as much fairy dust as you can spare," Orion told her. Even a pinch was going to be enough to pay for the dress. The fairy beamed at him, and then twirled in the air. Dust fell from her wings, and hovered in the air.

Orion took a plate, and got every single grain of the dust. It sparkled like river gold, and he gave some to Ossilo.

"Dip your fingers in this, and make her another dress. She is overpaying," Orion told the Naga. The fairy's smile widened as Ossilo began to cut up more silk lightning fast. He was done with her newest dress in less than half an hour.

It was a yellow and more close-fitting one, with frills at the end, and no sleeves. The fairy took the dress, and went to change. When she came back, the red dress in her arms, and the yellow one on her, she twirled around again, and she gave them the rest of the fairy dust her wings had produced that day. Then, she flew off before any of them could protest, and went to spread the word.

8