Chapter 30: Trader’s guild
18 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 30: Trader's guild

Orion was in lord Erion's house again. This time, just with the lord.

"There are volunteers for the trader's guild," the lord told him, and Orion nodded. "But I dare say that we need a building. How fast did your house got build?"

"It is still being built," Orion said. "But it took the dwarves and the wizards a week to get the foundations done."

"That is quite the speed," Lord Harrison said. He had never heard of such a speed from humans.

"Yes, well, I overpaid them," Orion didn't disclose how. It was best if the lord didn't know about the apples.

"Can I also interest you in a joined venture? A bank, co-owned by you and my family?" The noble asked, and Orion nodded. Banks were very lucrative. Finally, his money will see some use and interests.

"One thing at a time. First the trader's guild, which will see more people with jobs. Both in Drumm village and in the forest," Orion said, and the lord nodded.

"Of course, it is important that we get people with trades," Harrison agreed. He had tried to get the villagers to go to school, during his time as a lord, but they preferred to work in the fields. The most they stuck with schooling was to learn their numbers, and how to read and write.

"The forest dwellers won't say no to lessons, provided you find teachers," the vampire told the noble.

"The problem won't come from them, no. But the villagers won't want to waste their time, so to speak," lord Erion said. Orion blinked at him.

"Waste their time? They stand to earn more, for less work," Orion countered.

"They don't see it that way," the lord sighed then. He could not understand those under his rule. He wondered if Orion had the same problem at times. "They think that the land is the only way they can earn their daily bread. I have tried to talk to them, but, alas."

"Well, first we should get the building done, and find teachers," the vampire suggested. "They will have interest, by the time we open the trader's guild."

"You are very optimistic, my friend," the noble told him. "I do hope you are right."

"If that is all, I can ask the building brigade if they can talk more of my citizens into coming and building the guild hall," Orion stood, but the lord cleared his throat.

"That is not quite all. I have been petitioned to have the church ready for Sunday," the lord said, and Orion blinked.

"The church?" He asked. In his opinion, the average priest was a fanatic and a half. For what would the villagers need the church, when it was something concerning him?

"For your wedding. Beth, an elderly woman who has spent her entire life here, told me that you agreed for her to arrange your wedding to master Ossilo and master Ethinir," the lord told him with a wide smile. Orion blinked at him.

"That soon? Our house is not even done yet," Orion protested. Was the woman in such a hurry to see them married, that she would rush it?

"Well, she has been ordering the food on credit, and blood for you. All for the feast. If you want to invite someone, you have until Sunday," the lord told him, stood, and shook Orion's limp hand. Then, the old man left.

Orion blinked up after him. He had thought that his wedding would be a private affair. Something small, maybe with Beth, Alexei and Ivan, and a couple of others, in attendance. This sounded like a village wide celebration.

"I need to contact Alexei," it was still Monday. The letter would reach him in a day, and then he would be able to come. Provided Ivan let him. A wizard would take half the time to deliver it.

Orion walked back in the forest as if in a daze. He went to the nearest wizard, and began to explain to him that he needed a letter delivered.

"And it needs to happen today," Orion finished, and the wizard's eyebrows rose.

"I suppose I can teleport, if you allow me to see the location," the wizard suggested, and Orion began to write a wedding invitation. He made sure to add Ossilo and Ethinir as the ones inviting the younger vampire and his lover. Then, he let the wizard in his mind, putting Alexei's goblin camp in the forefront of his brain.

"Now, I don't know if he will be there, but he doesn't usually let the goblins out of sight," Orion said, and the wizard went out in a puff of smoke. No matter how many times Orion saw it happen, he was still amazed.

After that, he went and found Ossilo and Ethinir.

"A moment, my lovelies?" Orion said, and the two got away from the stand, and followed him to a more secluded spot. The river flowed calmly to the side, and Orion knelt before the two. He fished out two random rings from his bottomless bag, only looking at them long enough to see if they were golden.

"Ossilo, Ethinir, our wedding will be this Sunday," Orion spoke, and then offered up the rings. "Will you marry me?"

Ossilo's hands flew to his mouth, covering it. Ethinir picked up the ring closest to him. It had a flower with rubies instead of petals.

"Must you ask," the elf said, and then placed the ring on his finger. He nudged Ossilo. "Come now, Brightest Star. The sapphires are for you."

"You actually proposed," Ossilo said, tears streaming down his face. "I thought it was something you will put off for all eternity."

"Did I give you this impression? I am sorry," Orion told him with a soft expression on his face. "But, will you marry me, Ossilo?"

"I will," Ossilo picked up the ring, and placed it on his finger. He admired the eyes of the golden bird, that was carved into the band. Those were pure sapphires.

"Well, I will leave the planning to Beth then. Ossilo, if it is not too much of a bother, could you make us some white clothes, for the wedding?" Orion asked. Ossilo gasped, and rushed back to the stand. He dipped his fingers into the fairy dust, and finished what he had been making lightning fast. But not at the cost of the quality.

Orion saw Ossilo place the closed sign, and then join heads together with Simone. Whispering furiously back and forth.

2