1- Oscar Greets The Chief
1.4k 7 25
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A Dim, pale magical luster, barely comparable to a low-lit lamp fire emitted from the uneven magical veins-like structure that pulsates with a glow at regular intervals. Illuminating the gloomy underpass, that stretched and joined with different unknown tunnels beyond. Creating a vast network that might seem randomly formed deep under the earth's crust, but if one gives enough attention to details one may notice: how well thought out and deadly the maze is. Build to trap those who dared to come in its grasp. 

"Crack!"

In one of its seemingly random passages, a tiny crack formed on its ceiling. 

Small pebbles dropped down the hard muddy floor, disturbing the hollow air stream carrying distant inhuman, monstrous growls, and cries from the deep abyss. 

"Thud!" 

Without any notice, a small dirty green lump dropped down from the minor opening in the roof. 

The lifeless skinny rug twitched a few times in the chilly slow wind-rift, before he barely opened his beady yellow eyes with a confused look. 

In a motion of picking itself up, he took his dark surroundings quietly without hiding his growing anxiety and most importantly his confusion. A deep frown etched on its broad, thick green forehead. 

This should have been a regular creature coming from the mother wall, just like the countless ones before him. If not for the brilliant light shining within his yellow eyes, carrying some deep intelligent questions. 

'Did I step in another manhole again?'

Ok, some stupid questions. 

'Urgh! Why my head hurts, did I just falls on my head or what... Wait' 

Wide-eyed, He froze at the sight of his green arms, green legs, green toes, green belly, green waist, and the green pen*is?!

He can't be greener than the green itself. 

"Gehaaaa!" Running his hand around him, he shrieked. 

'Did those bastards actually poisoned me?' He thought in disbelief. 

'Huh?' His eyes caught the sight of some green text forming in mid-air, inside of a translucent box. 

Name:     

Oscar     

Level:     

1     

Species:   
 
Adjark Goblin     

HP:     

35     

MP:     

0     

Strength:     

11     

Toughness:     

15     

Agility:     

14     

Intellect:     

18    

Will:     

21     

Perception: 

14


Blinking several times, He thought 'Is this what I think it is?' Before he pinches his skinny thighs with his sharp nails. 

"Ghaa!" causing him to whimper in pain, but he had an unusual grin on his bulbous green head. Revealing his sharp jagged up teeth. 

'So, I really died... This time' He thought with an apathetic face. Remembering the warning his loan shark agents gave him yesterday, and some afterthoughts of his life with a distant smile. 

'Nice, now it all ends... I'm finally debt free!' He triumphs. 

For him, nothing matters other than getting away from a loan without paying the full amount, As for missing his parents? 

'I remembered. Me and my name were just the replacement for the spot left behind by their favorite pet dog who died after being severely beaten by them while drunk... Not that I got any different treatment, though, just because I was their child and could... Somehow, think like a human and cry instead of whimpering like a mindless animal. But now...'

"Khe khe khe! " 

With a smile, looking more wicked on his ugly green face, He cackles amusingly. 

'Fuck! This really is a rumored game like isekai, but... Why a standard goblin? No, wait, it's Adjark goblin, so what's the difference...'

After getting no response, he concluded. 

'Huh, Looks like I got no assistant. 

Although, I do admire the goblins for the way they live in a fantasy world without care for others, and do whatever they want; like free spirits. I'm not liking the fact that now I have become exactly them... They're damn ugly! 

And see! I didn't even get a charisma stat, bet I have got zero charm... Urgh! Looks like I got zero luck with girls in this world again. But, what if it's a hentai world? Then....'

"Khe khe khe!" 

'Who cares how ugly I am... But I doubt it would.

Sigh... and the other stats... Oh! these stats look great! but even a kid knows how weak the goblins are in every damn story. I would have to first compare it with another human to know how strong I'm, but this brings another question... Where in the seven hells am I?

And with no magic power? 

Great, I'm in a fantasy world with no magic power. Not that I have seen a goblin doing magic without being an evil shaman, wearing a skull necklace, and worshiping some demons.

And where is my all-powerful cheat skill? Surely, I would have gotten a useful one right?'

With his thought, another window popped up, showing his all-powerful skills... 

Skills:      Bite Lv1      Sharp Nails Lv1      Iron Stomach Lv1     

Taking a deep breath. Oscar controls his anger, 'Sigh…why did I even get my hopes high? It's not the first time I had gotten disappointed in god, right' 

With low expectations in mind, he further checks his skills. 

Bite Lv1: Assists in piercing, tearing off any hard surface more efficiently without losing your teeth instead

'Nothing surprising, a basic one for the sharp teeth like mine I guess' He thought, running his tongue around the teeth. Feeling the knife-like shape and the large cavity, unlike humans. 

Sharp Nails Lv1: helps the muscle lengthening the claws to make more sharper and deadlier, reducing the defense of the opponent at every hit

'Finally something useful huh?' 

Testing the skill right away, the tip of his three fingers and the thumbnail lengthened with a click! 

Becoming more sharper and deadlier, looking like some short grey knives that can easily make his thick skin bleed with a single scratch. 

Iron Stomach Lv1: prevents stomach indigestions, Makes it easier to dissolve hard meals

-The time varies, depending on the substance eaten.

-If the substance is more toxic than the allowed limit, The stomach may dissolve in return, so use in moderation. 

'So, does it mean I can eat anything, other than the things that are more poisonous than my own stomach? Including a rock?' He thought, rubbing his skinny belly. 

Curious, he picks up a small nearby rock before closing his eyes and throwing it into his open jaws. 

'In the name of science!' 

But before he chews the rock. Some strange squealings reverberated in the otherwise still atmosphere of the cavern, causing his sensitive ears to vibrate in sync, making him halt in his actions. 

"Squeak!"

'The hell!' Startled. Oscar frantically turns around with his shoulders slouched, spine curled 'wha... What was that!'

He wasn't being a coward, but just being cautious of his unknown surroundings. Lest he dies again, before he could even enjoy his second life 

'Huh!… did I also get three lives like in a game?' He mused, but refused to test his theory right away. 

His nose was picking on scents he didn't recognize at a glance, but it did give him a strange sense of familiarity. 

"Tuck!" 

His slight shiverings were interrupted by some dirt falling over his head, gently. Felt curious, but also fearful. He gazed above, straining his eyes to peer through the darkness.

Many pairs of Legs dangling, flailing helplessly in the air. Trying to find some footing with their skinny, fragile green bodies stuck in the opening, jamming it all together. As if they were all in a race, they kick any other presence near them to lower the participants, making the others squeal painfully accompanied by some deep cackling of the initiators. 

'The hells!' Covering his mouth to stop voicing out, He swears in whatever way it comes to him.

"Creck!" 

Like a spider web, The cracks spread within the roof. Unable to support these violent green runts. It burst out, spilling them on top of the horrified first green newborn on the ground. 

'Run!' Oscar tried to run, but his anxiety bested him, making his legs flail just after the step. 

"Gha!" And before he could even pick himself up, and dash for another run after a shake of his head. He gets overwhelmed by the rain of green little runts, dropping right on top of him. 

"Thud!... Thud!... Thud!"

In an instant, a mountain of green bodies came into existence. 

With the grinding sounds of stones, the roof repaired itself after the last one jumped on top of the mountain. Claiming the kingly seat with a smug look whilst showing his razor-sharp teeth, but quickly realized how dangerous it was to stand there. 

"Ghaaak!"

Getting bitten by a naughty newborn near his foot. He squawked shrilly, while rolling down the muddy ground. 

Shortly after, Every other newborn hissed and bites the nearest one to them. Breaking the mountain into spilled green little runts over the rough floorbed, without knowing who survived or not. 

But it quickly came to be known: those who moved are alive, and those who groaned in pain are injured but not for long. Gotten annoyed by their insistent cries, ringing in their sensitive pointy ears, some of them silenced the barely alive and injured ones with a chomp or gnashing their claws deep into their throats, accompanied by angry hisses of their own. 

"Urgh!"

With a shake of his head. Oscar clears the unnecessary dirt out of his uselessly long ears, and found the previously empty dark cavern was now filled with many little green maggots of goblins, twitching or flailing everywhere. 

'My brothers?' he instantly cringed on that thought.

A goblin was jumping on another goblin like a monkey, causing the victim to spit his guts out. All the while cackling till the goblin under him stops moving, seemingly dead. 

'Yikes! I didn't like my relatives, neither in the past nor in this life... They're all crazy bastards' 

Near him stood another group of goblins who are curiously lengthening or shortening their claw-nails, before nodding and comparing with each other in an obscure language, that feels more likely an advanced language of monkeys to Oscar or a new sign language they have created in an instant. They could be called an intelligent species from a distance, If not for some goblins challenging others in a death-match for having the largest nails or a pen*is? 

'The hell?!' 

Unconsciously moving away from that group of weirdos, Oscar bumps into another goblin behind. 

"Grrr?"

This one looks and feels different... Standing 1ft taller than any other goblin present here, he gives a leaderly vibe. 

'A goblin chief... Maybe?' Oscar guessed, based on his fantasy theories. 

"Gh... Ghe!" Raising one arm, Oscar greets. 

'I mean hey chief!... Damn this different tongue... I'm not used to it. Can't even form some coherent words, not that he can understand english. Heck, I would be surprised if he could understand any language' 

"Ghrrr?" 

Scratching his bald head. The chief, wearing a roughly patched-up leather armor covering his torso with half-tattered pants and a stone hammer to his back, tilted his head. Trying to understand what this fella is on about. 

'Huh I didn't notice, but isn't this big guy looks too civilized for a newly spawned one?' 

Oscar noticed himself and the rest of the goblins were running around butt naked, unlike this one. 

'Strange...'

"Hissssss!"

Before the chief could reply, and Oscar could question him using another sign language, An eerie but slow hissing noise reverberated within the cavern's still air. Causing all the goblins to flinch in dread, their ears stood up straight on alert. 

At the leftmost corner of the brown tunnel, the part which most newborn goblins have ignored and where a large boulder of an unusual shape was placed, stood a dark red and brown snake monster with a dirty uneven rock surface covering every part of its body. Except for its tail, and the two holes at the tip of its snout as some nostrils. Four chilly blue headlights as eyes opened abruptly, locking eyes with the two annoying pesky goblins busy chewing at its tail… It hissed, before bellowing loudly. 

"KHAAAAaaaa!"

"Booom!"

'Shit!' Oscars all the favorability for goblins hits a new rock bottom, right at this moment. As he cursed those idiots for provoking that damned thing right after being spawned. 

Announcement
Discord link: Here 

Patreon link: Here

25