Chapter 14 – Start of the Prank War
7 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The prank war began the first week back, and it started off relatively small. Terry and I had kicked it off by writing a fake diary by Colin, displaying his long-term crushes on me and Harry, and left it in the Gryffindor common room. 

Of course, Colin, embarrassed by all the hoots and titters that came from the people reading all of the diary entries that he did not actually make, retaliated by stealing some of my and Terry's underwear and pinning them to the doors of the Great Hall. However, nothing fazes me and Terry, and I primped myself as I went about my day with people complimenting my sexy lingerie choices and wishing dreamily that they could see me wearing them. 

Then it became a free-for-all. Everyone was pranking everyone, regardless if they'd been pranked or if the people they were pranking had done any pranks themselves. Dean and Seamus had sneaked into my dorm and hung up fifty condoms in Fred and George's four-posters, with the note 'USE PROTECTION' plastered across one of the curtains of my four-poster. I knew it was them because I heard them scurrying down the stairs after I'd woken up, sniggering and guffawing. 

Harry pranked Hermione by making duplicates of her homeworks and marking them with Ts. I felt bad for laughing at her as she freaked out, crying and yelling, in the common room; but then again, it was satisfying to see her start to take the prank war seriously after this, probably vengefully - she purchased a fake Erumpent Horn from WWW and put it in Luna's dorm with a note saying it was the horn of a Crumple-Horned Snorkack. 

When Luna hung it up, it exploded in her face. But don't worry, we don't make the fake Horns explode nearly as much as the actual real Horns do. 

And in our next Transfiguration class, Fred decided that he would continue on with the mischief. Apparently not liking the way I was gazing at Professor Soot, and true to his word, he grabbed one of my hands and moved it to his crotch under our desks. Fred let go briefly to unbuckle and unzip his school trousers, tugging my hand underneath his boxers, both our eyes still fixed on Professor Soot as he lectured at the front; Fred's were flashing with jealousy and mine were wide. 

I gulped, feeling with my hand. I wrapped my fingers around him, slowly stroking up and down as he hardened. George glanced at us; I withdrew my hand, spitting into my palm, then returned it. George smirked; I bit my lip, increasing my pace. Fred was smirking too, but his was darker, and his glinting eyes were staring up at the unsuspecting Professor Soot. 

"So, Transfigurations of this kind of matter, can sometimes have unwanted subjectives..." Professor Soot's pleasant, attractive voice rolled off his tongue and into my ears like smooth, rich honey. I was in an internal battle; half of me wanted to succumb to my professor's hot voice, and the other half wanted to just drop to my knees right there and then to suck Fred off, regardless if the whole Transfiguration class was there or not. 

Fred felt so hard and thick and heavy in my small hand, and it was almost making me salivate. His facial expression was only turning me on more; his eyes had darkened so much they almost looked black, and his lips were curled so wickedly I was squirming in my seat as I jerked him off. 

And soon he started jerking his hips up into my hand slightly, slumping forward on his desk as he growled under his breath. I felt my panties dampening as he throbbed and pulsed in my hand, and he suddenly grabbed at my arm, muttering frantically, "I'm gonna - gonna -" 

And I felt the explosion of warm wetness seeping over my fingers. Fred was groaning into his school cardigan, which he'd pulled up to his face just in time and was now clenching in between his teeth. I quickly withdrew my hand and stuck my fingers in my mouth, savouring the taste. 

"Mr Weasley?" Professor Soot's voice came from the front of the classroom, and I looked up. He was leaning casually against the blackboard, regarding us coolly over the top of his reading glasses. "Are you feeling alright?" 

"I - I think I need the hospital wing." Fred forced out, fumbling with his buckle, then staggered up. He'd managed to stuff himself back in, but his zipper was down. Beside me, Terry was sniggering. 

"We'll take him." I said promptly, standing up with George. We marched on either side of Fred to the door, me very aware of my soaked knickers. 

"You know what they're really away to do, Professor?" Louis's cackle came as the door swung shut behind us. 

"Bathrooms?" I said. 

"Bathrooms." The twins said in unison, their darkened eyes staring me down. I shivered. 

~~~ 

And near the end of our last first week, we were in Professor Flitwick's class; Terry, Fred, George, and I were taking turns to levitate him in the air from across the room. 

"This is the funniest prank this week." I said as Fred muttered, "Wingardium Leviosa," under his breath. "Legit." 

Professor Flitwick squeaked as he was lifted off of his feet again, slowly ascending and grabbing onto his little pointy hat. 

"He doesn't even know it's us." Terry grinned. 

"Oh, I bet he KNOWS." I said. "He just can't PROVE it." 

"Unfounded accusations, Hopper." Fred said, keeping his wand trained on Flitwick from under his desk as the redhead glanced at us. "Imagine the mortification he would have if he accused us and it was actually, like, Ginny or something." 

We all turned to stare at Ginny, who was ignoring her parchment and the notes she was meant to be taking down from the board, instead doodling hearts on Luna's parchment. 

"Isn't it weird that there's four Weasleys in the class now?" Terry said. "Don't you guys think it's odd how you're sharing a class with two of your younger siblings?" 

George shrugged. "Eh. Gives us an easier opportunity to take the piss out of them." 

Fred grinned, turning away from Flitwick, who promptly fell to the floor again and braced himself on his desk as he staggered up. "Exactly. Here, Gin!" 

Ginny whipped around, pushing Luna's parchment away out of sight. "What?" 

"I heard that you guys went to second base on Tuesday." 

"And?" Ginny cocked an eyebrow. "Your point?" 

Fred's grin widened. "Is that true?" 

Luna gazed between her girlfriend and her girlfriend's older brother with a dreamy, thoughtful look. 

"Obviously it's true, asshole. I'm clearly the only one who gets it around here." The youngest Weasley rolled her eyes, turning back to Luna. 

Fred's grin somehow became more wicked. "Actually..." 

"Shh!" I said hurriedly, turning my wand on Flitwick, who resignedly rose back up into the air. 

"... George and I get it too. A lot. Pretty much every single day, little sis." 

Everyone nearby turned in their chairs and stared at me. 

Ginny smirked. "No big deal, boys. Been there, done that." 

And Professor Flitwick fell to the floor as I gaped at the three redheads. 

~~~ 

"Seriously, Daze, how do you put up with this shit?" Ron shook his head as, in the Gryffindor common room, Harry complained to Kylie about Ginny and the twins' antics in Charms. 

"How do YOU put up with this shit?" I replied. "They're your siblings. Surely they must be so fucking annoying at summer." 

Ron nodded. "You have no idea." 

We watched Harry throw his hands up in disgust as Kylie sniggered at him, the two of us lounging comfortably beside each other. Ron's arm was dangling casually around my shoulders, and I'd kicked my feet up against the arm of the sofa. 

"Do you and the twins want kids?" Ron asked suddenly. 

I tilted my head to stare at him. I was dreading another 'how's that gonna work, poly relationships just don't parent well' type question, but Ron only grinned. 

"Yeah...?" I said slowly. 

"Well, unfortunately for you, the annoying gene seems to run in the family." 

I laughed. Everyone thought that Bill was the twins' coolest brother, but in my opinion it was Ron. And the thought of the three of us having a whole gaggle of unruly little shits made my heart warm. 

"Hey, Daze." Parvati dropped into the seat opposite me. Lavender practically sat in her lap, giggling. "When d'you think we're gonna have Professor Soot again?" 

"I dunno, I think we only get him the first half of the week." I said, shivering a little as I thought of our newest professor's VERY kissable lips. 

"We've been thinking about him a lot." Parvati said dreamily. "And Lav's been thinking about you and him; her favourite fantasy at the minute is about you su-" 

"Shh!" Lavender flapped at Parvati, her cheeks turning red. 

I blinked, taken-aback. "Holy shit. Why's everyone a bunch of horny fuckers lately?" 

"Including you!" Harry butted in angrily momentarily, then returned to his furious rant to Kylie. 

The banter continued until it was late; the boys and I retired to our dorms but we were too buzzed from the chatty evening to go to bed yet. And so half an hour later the Gryffindor boys' dorms were in full party-mode; we'd magicked up streamers and balloons, WWW products were being used on each other left and right, and Butterbeer and snacks were being consumed on the stairs and landings. 

"Hey, Dean!" I called over my landing railing. Dean got up from where he'd been sitting with his dormmates, cross-legged, and peered up at me. I grinned, launching a water balloon at him that I'd filled in mine and the twins' bathroom. Dean shrieked and dove aside, making the balloon hit Seamus instead. 

"Critical hit!" Harry yelled from that same landing. 

"Indeed!" 

"NATURALLY!" 

"I'll get you back for that, Potter!" Seamus shouted, and I sniggered. 

"Get more, get more!" Fred urged me, and I scurried off to the bathroom with the packet of balloons crinkling in my hand. 

The door slowly shut behind me, and I padded over to the sinks. I unearthed several balloons from the packet, lining them up and turning the tap on, suctioning the balloon underneath to collect the water. I stood back, gazing around the bathroom; two cubicles, heavily graffitied; two sinks, with two circular mirrors above them; the giant poster of Lockhart that Colin and Louis had put up during a previous prank war, years ago, and we'd never taken down; the little shower room off to the side, with two shower curtains obscuring two showers... 

Huh. Why did the end one look as if a shadow was standing right behind the curtain?  

The bathroom was eerily silent; all sounds and noises from outside seemed to have been blocked out. I stared at the curtain. It was definitely a figure, that of a taller man, standing with his hands in his pockets. But he wasn't moving. 

Leaving the balloon filling behind me, I stepped forward cautiously. I felt in my pocket for my wand, clenching it tight in my fist as a precaution; I could use my Grace better now. 

I advanced upon the curtain, extending my hand. It was shaking slightly. I took a deep breath, stepping closer, eyes locked on the shadow... and yanked back the curtain. 

No one was there. 

I breathed a sigh of relief, shaking my head at my own dumbassery, and turned on my heel. 

I screamed, staggering backwards into the shower. Tom Riddle was standing before me, his arms folded, ghostly grey and transparent, wearing the black, half-unbuttoned shirt he was in when he died and his typical cocky smirk. I glared at him, extending my hand; my palm glowed white threateningly. 

"What the fuck are you doing here?" I snapped, my heart still racing a hundred miles an hour. 

Ghost-Riddle took a step closer to me, tilting his head curiously; his dark eyes were gleaming. "I have been waiting for you to come in here and take a shower since this morning." 

"Ew. So, you're a dumb fuck AND you're gross." I said. "I took a shower last night, idiot. Guess all that waiting was for nothing, you're not seeing this body naked ever again." 

Riddle's smirk widened, and his gaze moved down my body. "You kept the ring." 

I felt the wedding ring burn into my skin from my skirt pocket as if it were on fire. "Yeah - to destroy it. Just haven't found the right time or place yet." 

"I think you enjoyed being married to me." Riddle said casually, taking another step. I took one back. "I think you loved being my wife." 

"I hated it more than anything in the world." I snarled, thrusting my arm out more. 

"Now, my love. Do not lie." Riddle said softly. "We both know that is not true." 

I glared at him. Alright, it hadn't been true - but only sometimes. And it wasn't my fault. 

The door to the bathroom banged open, and the sudden burst of laughter and chatter from outside careened into my ears harshly. I jumped, glancing at the shower wall as George called, "Come on, princess, what's the holdup with the weapons?" 

I gulped, turning back to Riddle - only he'd vanished. I stared at the place where he'd just been, biting my lip. 

The ring felt like a brick in my pocket now. 

I shook my head, emerging from the shower cubicle and plastering a smile on my face, jogging over to the sinks to continue the party. None of the boys' nights needed to be ruined because of this.

0