Chapter 31 – Hate and Love
8 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The demon and I were giggling, playing tug of war with a metal baseball bat, each of us five-year-olds wanting the torture instrument for ourselves. My dad was talking to Zekius's father, standing off to the side in the vast cavern, neither of them paying any attention to us. 

"I want it! It belongs to my father!" Zekius sniggered, tugging the handle towards him. "It is my birthright, foolish angel!" 

"No! I want it!" I giggled, tugging the end with jagged spikes and screws poking out in all directions towards me. "My father is the ruler of this whole wretched place! I think you will find it is my birthright, lowly demon!" 

"Now, Daisiel," Lucifer warned, turning to us briefly, "do not look down on those we rule. Treat everyone with respect, unless they have not deserved it." 

"Apologies, Daddy!" I called, turning back to my playmate with a cackle. "What does it matter, Zekius, you can have it. I am gracious as such." 

I smirked, but Zekius said, "That is right, silly little girl," and tugged the bat towards him roughly. My smile dropped and I snarled, grabbing on tight again. 

"Drop it!" 

"Give it here!" 

"No!" 

I'd given a huge yank, and I was suddenly flying backwards onto my ass. I landed with a yelp of pain; I'd tugged the bat into my stomach accidentally, and Zekius's eyes widened as he stared down at me. I glanced down, shrugging as I saw the blood blossoming out from under my white dress. 

"Daisiel!" Lucifer hurried over, collapsing onto his knees and wrapping his great black wings around me. "What did I tell you?" 

"No playing with the torture instruments." I muttered sullenly. 

"That is right. And now you have ruined your pretty dress. What will Gabriel say about that?" 

"He will not care. He will just charm another human dressmaker to sew ten more for me." 

Lucifer restrained a chuckle. "You are right, little one. Well, let us give Zekius's father back his device, shall we?" 

I shrugged again, letting Lucifer pull the bat out of my stomach. Instantly, my wounds closed back over, the pain fading; the only evidence that anything had happened at all were the blood-stained rips on the front of my dress. 

"Here. We should both keep a more watchful eye on our children." Lucifer handed Zekius's dad the bat, who had just been scolding the younger demon. "I shall see you tomorrow noon, then?" 

"Yes, my lord. My deepest and most sincere apologies for my son's behaviour." 

Zekius was watching me from behind his father's legs. He sent a fearful glance up at my dad before following his own through a dark archway. 

~

We were about eleven, sitting down by the Lake of Fire, watching as mass murderers, rapists, and pedophiles were thrashing about in the lava, drowning and yelling and crying out in pain. Zekius was flicking peeling bits of rock into the lava, and I was using my wings to propel a nearby pedo further into the lava, giggling. 

"Please... please, beautiful angel... pretty girl, help me..." 

"Hehe!" I beamed as, with another flap of my wings, he sank more into the lava; it started pouring into his mouth as he opened it to beg again, and he choked. 

"Daisiel." Zekius said, and I turned to him, still snickering. "I have been meaning to ask you something." 

"What is it, Zeki?" 

"Help... me..." 

"Shut up." I tossed a rock at the gurgling pedo, and he yelped. 

"Well..." Zekius hesitated. "I wanted to ask... would you perhaps consider going on a date with me?" 

I blinked. Zekius was watching me nervously. "Er - Zekius -" 

"Of course, I shall court you," Zekius said hurriedly, "and I shall bring you flowers -" 

"Zeki, I am sorry." I said. "I do not feel that way about you. I do not feel that way about anyone yet. Perhaps when we are older -" 

"What do you mean?" Zekius's hesitant expression had dropped into a scowl. "Why not now? If I can feel this way about you, why can't you?" 

"Because - well - I am not sure, my friend." I said sadly. "But I simply do not. Like I said, perhaps when we are older I may feel the same. We may just have to give it time -" 

"No!" Zekius jumped up, his whole face twisted and ugly. "I want you now!" 

"We are eleven, Zekius!" I said, astounded. "What we are discussing is adult business -" 

"No! No! I want you now, and I will have you now!" 

"Zeki -" I was frightened; I scrambled up, backing away from the furious demon. "Please be rational about this -" 

"No!" Zekius stormed towards me. Foolishly, I had backed myself into the heated cavern wall; Zekius pressed me up against it, his angry face lowering towards mine; his hands landed on my hips, grabbing on tight - 

"Get her, boy!" The pedo had managed to raise his chin above the surface of the lava. 

"No, you won't get me!" I flapped my wings forcefully, and Zekius was propelled backwards. He teetered on the edge of the rock for a moment, arms flailing comically, then he fell into the lava, knocking the pedo fully under the surface. 

"Help! Daisiel -" 

I glared at the demon, struggling to flap his own leathery black wings, trying to get out of the Lake. With a humph, I turned and stormed out of the cavern. 

~

"Daisiel - please -" 

"Father said I should not be around you anymore, Zekius." I said as I stormed away from the demon frantically scurrying to follow me. "You know this. He has punished you extensively, yet you still chase me." 

"Because I feel so much for you, my beauty!" Zekius cried, stumbling over a rock. "You are my planet and my stars - I am deeply in love with you!" 

I scoffed. "No, you are not, you fool. You are like me; a child. Too young to be feeling any affections of the sort. Besides, no one who loves another will do what you did to me!" 

"I did nothing to you! Only attempted to show you -" 

"Shut up!" I snapped. "Just shut up! I will never love you, why can you not accept that?!" 

Zekius stopped in his tracks. His face had twisted in a rather ugly way. I was panting; very aware that I may have gone too far, I hesitated before speeding up. 

"If you will not love me..." Zekius snarled, "then I will take what I want from you. Someday, I will have you. And someday you will feel all the pain I have felt." 

I flinched awake. The twins were on either side of me, still snoozing away; I shook my head, clearing my mind of all the different battles that Floppy and I had had over the years ever since I rejected him as a child. Why did it all decide to come back now, flood my brain with all the context of our rocky relationship from the dawn of time to now? 

Cautiously, I slid out of bed. Fred snored; George murmured something in his sleep. I put on my slippers, quietly padding over to the window seat. My hangover was starting to develop; my head was pounding. I bit back a whine as my temples throbbed and sat down gently, throwing the twins a glance again. 

Why had Fred asked that question right before we fell asleep? If I had meant what I said about marriage? 

Surely he knew that I meant it. That all I dreamed about these days was my future with him and George. 

I let my gaze roll over them both, smiling softly as Fred cuddled into a pillow, his lips twitching as he dreamt about something, as George turned slowly, burying his sleepy face into the pillow that Fred was holding. All I dreamt about were these men. The loves of my life. 

Of course I meant it. I'd never meant anything more than I had that. 

I sat back against the window, watching the dark street below me, lit up only by street lamps and the moon. I wondered how Terry was getting on at the bachelor party across the city. I wondered about the fights, the battles Floppy and I had had over the hundreds of years we'd been alive. I wondered if what was in that little box I'd seen both the twins carrying around with them sometimes was what I thought it was. 

And even though Floppy had plagued my mind since I'd fallen asleep, I couldn't help but be happy in this moment. Even though he was still after me. Even though Riddle's ghost was still at Hogwarts, and some unknown creature was sucking my blood. Because something, someone, would always be after me. I'm Daisy Potter; everyone's obsessed with me in some way or another. 

So I might as well be happy while I can. And I definitely could right now. The two most handsome men in existence were sleeping in my bed, in our apartment. My best friend was out partying, having the time of his life, and getting married in less than half a year. My brother, my friends, my found family, were all happy. So, therefore, was I. 

"Softpaw..." 

I heard the murmur and glanced over again. Fred was smiling lazily as his eyelashes fluttered. He sighed long and deep, cuddling in further to the pillow. 

"Daze, baby girl..." 

"Yeah, Freddie?" I said softly, knowing he wasn't really talking to me. 

"Will you..." Fred sighed again, his dimple showing as his sleepy smile widened. "Will you mmm... mmfphie me..." 

He rolled over, shuffling under the blankets. He let out another sigh, and I stared at him, resisting the urge to giggle. George started snoring just then, and wound his arms around Fred's now discarded pillow. I watched them both with fondness bursting in my heart. 

"Of course I will." I whispered. 

~~~ 

"Morning, all." A smirking Fred greeted the room as he strolled into the kitchen seven hours later. I'd managed to get a bit more sleep but still woke up earlier than them despite my middle-of-the-night restlessness. Terry was slumped at the table, sunglasses on even though the curtains were drawn, his hair all messed up and an oversized hoodie thrown on over his clothes from last night. George was stirring his tea bag in his mug, sneaking amused glances at our twink friend from the counter. 

"What are you so happy about?" Terry grumbled, turning away into the corner. 

"Just had a wonderful dream." Fred sent a look at me so quick that I almost missed it. "How was your night? Take it you're regretting those twenty shots of Firewhiskey and Sours?" 

"Not at all, I never regret alcohol." Terry groaned. "I do, however, regret misplacing my fucking hangover potion."

"Sorry, mate, I drank the last of it." I said apologetically, though I felt my lips twitch as I tried to hold in the sniggers. "Maybe you should go have a lie down. Back to bed." 

"Ah, great, thanks, Softpaw." Terry snarled. "Bloody brilliant. What a spectacular friend you are. Fuck you." 

But as he got up, he kissed the top of my head to show he wasn't being serious and disappeared back into his bedroom. 

"The love of my life, everyone." I sighed dramatically, grinning as I took a sip of my hot chocolate. 

"You guys are so funny." George nudged into me gently as he dumped his tea bag on the edge of the sink, giving me a small, sweet smile as we stood so close, side by side. "You're both so ridiculous." 

"Bestie dynamic goals." I said. 

"What language even is that?" Fred said from across the room as he filled his cup with cold water from the fridge. 

I shrugged, turning back to the pan on the stove, setting down my mug. I tossed the pancake I was making up into the air, flicking my wand at the strawberries which began to chop themselves. George took a seat at the table with his tea, and Fred watched me as he took two pills with his water. 

"Not Pancake Tuesday yet, surely?" He asked, and George replied, "Wouldn't know, mate. I don't even know what month it's supposed to be in." 

"I just thought I'd do something nice for a change." I explained, plating up the pancakes and taking them over to the table. I nodded at the curtains, and they swished open, flooding the kitchen with sunlight. The window opened with my Grace, filling the room with the sound of chatter, laughter, and the general hustle bustle of Diagon Alley below us. 

The twins beamed up at me as I sat down with them. I reached out for both their hands, feeling the warmth of them in my own, intertwining my fingers with theirs gently, affectionately. 

"What's this about, princess?" George's tone made my heart squeeze. 

"Nothing. I just love you. Both of you." I added, smiling at each of them in turn. 

Fred smiled back at me for a moment, his dimples doing things to my heart that I couldn't explain. "Godric, I wish I could just pr-" 

"Not here." George interrupted quickly. "Soon... but not here." 

"What are you guys talking about?" I said mischievously, pretending that I didn't know exactly what it was. 

The twins exchanged a glance across the table. A wry smile passed between them before they simultaneously looked back to me. 

"Like Georgie said," Fred looked like he could barely contain himself, "soon." 

Sorry I been gone for so long and for only a short chapter to end my hiatus 😩😩 but there's a ton of fluff for you and a teaser for more fluff to come. Y'all know I love a wedding... maybe a bit too much smh

0