Another Existence~2!
6.8k 9 126
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"You! Who's the one who wrote that compliment?!"

As her words flew in a very clear path even though she was panting heavily, the long raven-haired woman asked the couple sitting quietly at their table.

Her voice contained anxiety along with some hopefulness as she studied Austin and Luna, turn by turn in such less time before she heard the boy speaking in a calm tone.

"It was me, owner-san. And again, the ramen was really perfect to our liking. Please keep up the good job."

Austin compliments honestly, as he saw the woman smiling gleefully before she shakes her head, probably realizing that she was getting diverted from her primary focus.

"That would be for later but are you really not from this world? Though, you look like a foreigner, but your face doesn't seem to be Asian?"

(A/N:- Austin wrote that compliment in Kansai)

Subconsciously or not, the woman was speaking in Japanese, which the artifact wasn't interpreting since Austin was utterly familiar with the language.

"First, can you tell me about you? How did you come here?"

Austin decided to talk in his native language since he didn't want to leave Luna out of the conversation.

It seemed the woman also sensed something off with Luna's expression when she asked Austin about his origin; that's why her following words came out in the town's language too.

"I will tell you, but is it okay to continue the chat elsewhere? You see, both of you are already grabbing a lot of attention, and if I, too, start conversing with you even though we have this barrier, I might get a summoning command in the court."

There was a lot that made Austin frown. Like at the conclusion when she said that she might get a summoning issued, or the attention-grabbing part.

But it wasn't him who spoke first; instead, the saint who was sitting quietly until now.

"You can see my barrier?!"

Luna nearly shouted as the statement that the shop owner released was too unreal for her to believe.

A mage's ego was what it called, which ignited inside Luna as she asked for an explanation of how her such high-level spell was seen through.

The woman smiled awkwardly as she heard Luna's expression of her disbelief upon the thing which most of the mages felt around her.

"Well, it's not like your spell has a fault, miss. Instead, I would say it's the most beautiful and flawless barrier I have ever seen. But unluckily, you met me, an irregular appraiser who can see right through almost every spell and trap."

Luna blinked in slight perplexion as she heard the woman's words as her anxious mind calmed down a bit.

Luna's slightly exaggerated reaction was justifiable as it was the first time anyone was able to breach her barrier. Not even Austin could see through Luna's spell, which made him realize what kind of anomaly this unexpected existence was.

__________________________ 

The trio soon left the table and the restaurant entirely as the woman in her mid-twenties led the duo to her room which was on the second floor of the complex.

It seemed she ran a motel too, as there were quite a number of people on the second floor, as they made their way toward the very end of the corridor, which was the most secluded.

"I know it isn't very great, but please make yourself comfortable."

The room in which the lady brought the couple in was pretty big if compared to the inn that Austin rented back in his adventurer days.

There wasn't any decoration, just a single bed, a small coffee table, and a simple wooden wardrobe along with some small furniture like a stool, etc.

Inviting them both toward the table, the owner of the room brought a stool from beside her bed before she sat with her eyes roaming in between them.

"You guys seriously compliment each other, now when I take a closer look."

An insuppressible smile erupted on the quiet saint's face as she fought the urge to grin gleefully.

Austin just smiled while scratching his cheek in embarrassment as the woman giggled in satisfaction from their reaction. 

"So, who are you, if you don't mind me asking?"

The woman asked as she twirled her finger before the pot resting on the shelf by the coffee table suddenly levitated toward them as it also started heating up.

Neither of the two missed such a high level of psychokinesis as Austin responded while keeping his gaze straight.

"I am Austin, and she is Luna. We aren't natives of this town, as you can guess. And if it's about me knowing Japanese, then I would rather hear you out first."

Austin spoke in a serene tone as he saw the woman blinking a couple of times as she became perplexed.

For the next few minutes, only the small whistle of the kettle resonated in the room, as it seemed the woman was contemplating upon something.

Austin understood her insecurity as, just like her, no one would give away the information about being a reincarnate just like that.

But little did he expect that, unlike him, the woman in front would not be a reincarnated being but...

"Okay, first, let me introduce myself."

Speaking in a neutral tone, the woman poured the content, which smelt like lemon tea, as she continued.

"I am Shirata Akiko as in 'Autumn child'. I am 43 this year and currently working as the manager and owner of this eatery and motel."

Austin raised his eyebrows as he heard Akiko's actual age but again, he couldn't expect less from someone who carries mana in them. Just like his mother.

The two took the cup, which Akiko extended toward them as she continued.

"Now, as per how I came here...then I was summoned here through a magic portal."

The eyes of both listeners went wide as they glanced at each other for a second before focusing their eyes back on Akiko.

Summoning to a different world was a mere myth written in an ancient fairy tail; that's why Luna's reaction felt justified.

But what made Austin flabbergasted was something he could not speak as if now....

Sensing the mixed reaction, Akiko continued.

"About a year ago, I, along with three others, were transported to this world through a cross-dimension teleportation portal. The summoning was something incredibly new to me, but the two of the guys among us four reacted like it was something they awaited or they were aware of."

The expression on Austin's face changed significantly as he heard Akiko's words which seemed genuine enough.

The way she has been saying things, it became clear to Austin that the two summoned beings were aware of this generic isekai troupe, or maybe there was something more.

But despite his curiosity growing over the bay, he stayed silent and let the lady continue.

"Since I wasn't interested in the heroic stuff, I left the royal palace and started the business which I always dreamt of in my last life."

There was a sense of pride and satisfaction in her eyes as she muttered how fulfilled she was in this life of hers.

Austin smiled as he was also happy about Akiko's achievement, whereas Luna just sipped on her tea which she found strangely addictive.

**Sip** 

"What about the other three? Are they adventuring, or have they also started something independently?"

Austin asked as he thought it would be good if he could meet some people who share the exact origin as him.

"Hmm...as I remember, the stout boy from the group left to build his harem while adventuring around the nation. And about the other two, then the spiky-haired boy is pursuing the hero girl who was summoned alongside us. But as I remember, his chance with that stern and overpowered girl is close to zero."

Akiko rubbed her chin as it seemed it had been a long since she had left the people she came here with.

Suddenly it seemed Austin realized something as he asked with a slight perplexion.

"Akiko-san...is this girl which you said is a hero...Is it just by name, or does she have a class of hero?"

This was a rather complex question as a class of hero was extremely rare, or to say it was nearly impossible for someone randomly to be bestowed with the blessing of becoming a Hero.

This was the reason why Kyouki was so famous across the nation, as he was the only being born in the past two centuries who received the title of hero because of the Blessing he received from the supreme deity.

"It's neither her class nor just in the name. What makes her a hero is a strength she carries. I know I shouldn't tell you guys, but do you want to know what class the first time she got appraised with?"

Upon hearing such a deep tone, even Luna became interested as both nodded simultaneously toward the woman before a shocking reservation was brought forward.

Akiko smiled with a sigh as she leaned back on her chair before only a two-syllable word left her mouth.

"Demi-god."

______________________ 

A/N:- Here comes a new char. I hope you guys like it, and don't worry; Austin wouldn't be nerfed since everything has a limit...kekek…

Editor : Zenon #4120

126