The beginning of the End~ End!
5.3k 14 97
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Mm...Sicily?"

**SWINNN** 

Blasting away one of the demons who trespassed the first line of defense, which consisted of only a single person, I looked at my beloved.

"You can rest some more time, Kyou-kun...I have got this."

Replying with my best smile, I again gathered mana before directing one of the most impactful offensive spells, and eradicating three demons from existence.

Seeing the astonished look on Kyou-kun's face, I thanked Austin for providing me a chance to impress my beloved.

"S-Sicily t-that...when you became this powerful?!"

His eyes were drawn to the battleground where I blasted away the monsters. The way he asked in pure confusion seemed utterly adorable~

"Well, I got some power up, I guess."

I hugged the staff to show my precious, what caused such a leap in my strength. 

"What the fuck!? Is that Austin there!?"

With his fingers trembling, my restless Kyou-kun pointed toward the front where the big war was undergoing.

Well, Kyou-kun's reaction was legit since the scene in front could have made anyone shocked beyond belief. In that sense, his response felt a little underwhelming.

The spectacle, which I couldn't help but only sigh upon witnessing, was still giving me shivers even though I was pretty far from the scene.

Austin, whom I seldom conversed with, in the past, considering his disgraceful and foul temperament, was showing such might, I haven't seen from anyone until now.

Currently, even being surrounded by hundreds of Unique Rank and tens of Terror Rank demons, Austin's eyes were still devoid of any emotions.

Even though I believe my Kyou-kun is strong, I was sure that being surrounded by that many creatures, would have made him lose his will to fight at once.

But there, a person the same age as us was defeating the numbers which could have brought catastrophe not only to Eden's Academy but to the whole Gram Capital.

I wasn't sure what caused such an attack, but I was thoroughly glad Austin was on our side; otherwise...

**SLASH** 

Suddenly a slashing sound, came from my right as I hurriedly moved my staff toward it, only to find Kyou-kun fighting with a reptilian demon. 

I didn't help him since it might have hurt his ego. Instead, I hunted the other couple of demons who got away from Austin's line of defense.

It was me and Venessa who were working proactively in the rear section since others were either scared or had lost their strength to battle anymore.

Lilia was helping the injured with the potions, Austin had left us with. Strangely, the potion he gave us, differed from what I have seen until now.

But since there were already various mysteries about Austin piling one after another, I just treated it as a blessing of gods.

"How long was I out?"

Turning my head from the battlefield, I saw the complicated expression on Kyou-kun's face as he stared at the main battleground, which Austin was one-sidedly leading.

"Around ten minutes."

I was very well aware of what Kyou-kun was thinking at the moment, but I didn't think it would be considerate of me mentioning it.

Kyou-kun's rivalry with Austin was due to the love he still carries from Luna, and looking at his rival being so dangerously powerful and overwhelming, I can somehow understand Kyou-kun's trouble.

But this wasn't something I could console him about. Since Kyou-kun couldn't move forward, he have to break the shell by himself.

We would be here to support him, but support couldn't make a person overcome his incompetence.

"Hmm?!"

Suddenly I felt a surge of energy from inside the school, which undoubtedly wasn't mana, but instead...

"Sicily. Lilia. Conjure a barrier, now!!"

My ears received the shout of Austin, who still was around the battlefield, but unlike a moment ago, he was now levitating in mid-air.

My senses shouted to run away from that place as I sensed the terrifying accumulation of mana from Austin.

"Sicily-san, get out of your daze!!"

Surprisingly, Lilia approached my side even without me noticing as she shouted, which helped me get out of my stupor.

Extending my hand, I chanted the spell of the best barrier I have learned from my father as I felt the support from Lilia, who was enhancing and strengthening the veil at a pretty furious pace.

It seemed what I was feeling from the battlefield was judged by others, too, as there was a pin drop silence from my rear.

Even Kyou-kun had his mouth wide agape as he stared at the ascending figure of Austin.

I don't know what made Austin use such a frightening spell, but whatever it was, I had a feeling it wouldn't end rather well for the demons.

'I am pitying demons, now...?'

_____________________ 

Gathering the most potent elemental spell on either hand, Austin took the help of the fire spirits, too, in order to enhance his attack to another level.

While he was at it, Austin drew the power of the Infernus Lantern he had stored in his inventory and ignited the spell to brighten at a terrifying level.

His hands were covered in live and wild flames as he stared at the group of demons who had mutual feelings despite varying in class and intelligence, as they sensed the amount of mana gathering over their head.

The identical emotion which surged through all demons' consciousness was...

Fear.

But Austin didn't have the consideration, nor the time to let the creatures run for their lives.

"Sea of Flames!"

In a little hurried manner, Austin didn't wait to let the mana complete his spell, as he directed the intense and overly absurd attack on the group of more than a thousand demons.

**BOOOOOOM** 

A heavy explosion erupted from the place where the attack landed as soon the battlefield, along with a vast portion of the jungle, got covered in live fire.

The audience from the back felt sweat dripping endlessly down their forehead as they felt the heat from such petrifying waves of flame, even though the human side was about five meters away from the main battlefield.

Austin's attack went on and on for more than a minute as the sea of flames enveloped the greenery and ate away whatever came along the waves.

Only after he felt that every single life signature have been erased did he halt his flames.

More than three kilometers of the northern jungle, along with the demons and low-rank monsters lurking around the forest, got annihilated, with most of them not even knowing what caused their death.

The ashy scenery in front didn't bother Austin as he was already in a rush to reach somewhere real quick.

The reason, why Austin went with the harsh way and ended the battle in such a manner,  was because he felt his barrier being breached, which had been drawn around Luna.

His heart had been in trouble since that moment, but he knew that leaving these many demons up to others would inevitably result in the worst way.

Leaping in the air, Austin darted toward the place, where he had left his most precious person.

For some reason, he didn't have a good feeling about this whole situation which had been happening for some hours.

As some knots started connecting, he finally could see where Luna was, only to get shocked in the end.

"!!!"

__________________ 

A/N:- Next chapter will conclude this arc. I want to ask whether these action-filled chapters are boring since I don't know what you guys feel after reading these kinds of chappy.

97