Welcome back, Princess!
959 2 19
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Heavy silence prevailed in the room where several figures could be seen wearing different expressions.

Mikhail, his father, and Duke Reynolds were standing together with a trace of anxiety and a frown continuously knitted on their brows as they stared at a mutual side.

In a corner, Alex was conversing in a very low tone with the headmaster of the academy only after, he cast a barrier around them to not disturb the operation in the process.

Luna with a solemn expression was standing beside her beloved without touching him as per grandmother’s instructor who currently was kneeling beside the first princess.

With a beautiful cyan hue covering her whole self, the guardian deity was currently channeling a specific kind of spell with her one hand connected with Austin and another with Tiara as she sent him into her subconscious to convince the dying princess. Simultaneously the older woman was healing the patient as well, since despite slowly she could sense the willingness of Tiara returning.

Austin was succeeding in his task.

Luna had a slight frown on her brows since she knew whatever sweet lies Austin was going to tell the princess, Luna wouldn’t like them.

Not talking about Tiara’s disappointment to know that Austin wouldn’t be fulfilling any of his promises once she regain consciousness would be devastating for her for sure.

But this has to be done since her grandma was sensitive to strong emotions and from what she told, Tiara holds genuine and quite heavy feelings for Austin. Despite not admitting it, Luna was slightly happy that someone identified how much her man was worthy of, but not like she would allow anything to happen between them even if the princess returned back alive.

Saya was already quite a lot Luna could share his love for. No one other than that was allowed near him!

“It’s happening.”

With a charming smile on her face and her eyes still closed, Celeria announced which washed the room with relief as Mikhail exhaled audibly like he was bursting out his stress.

William had similar sentiments but the line of work has made him least reactive even in times like these, but that doesn’t mean he didn’t care about his children.

For more than ten minutes, the hue kept on channeling both ways as the audience kept their mouth shut and waited for the older lady to finish up first.

Finally, after what seemed like an eternity for some, Tiara’s eyes fluttered groggily before she steadily lifted her lids only to be greeted by the man she was expecting the most.

Stood in her vision was the man who was the cause of her potential death and now was her savior as well.

With her gaze fixated on Austin, Tiara in an almost inaudible tone asked, “…you meant it, right?”

Another wave of tension flashed on the emperor’s face as he more or less understood the situation. The thought of Austin telling her that it was just a lie was making William’s heart clench.

But against his and others’ expectation…

“I will comply with my promise, princess. Now focus on your treatment.”

Like the first flower of spring, a smile bloomed on Tiara’s face as with her eyes curved she nodded.

“Mm.”

Soon William and Mikhail approached the girl as Celeria gave them space while negating the last drop of poison from Tiara’s system.

Austin backed away and exchanged some words with the other three, mainly about Hero’s party and future prospectus.

As per what Merlin said, Kyouki left the school some days ago with Lilia, Sicily, and Cordelia with him for an uncertain period. Austin has an idea of what must be going through the hero’s mind so he didn’t pry into the matter.

Despite being now weaker than he should be according to the actual plot, because of Austin’s intervention, Kyouki was destined to shine in the near future. And the way things are going to turn, Austin needs strong people he could trust.

After excusing themselves, Austin and Luna left the building for some fresh air since the treatment was going to take some time.

“Onii-sama?”

“Everything is fine, now. But don’t crowd the dorm since it might not go well for the patient.”

Austin announced to the crowd of soldiers and professors as they sighed in relief and nodded in understanding upon hearing the latter part of the statement.

Turning his head toward his little sister, Austin gently patted the girl as he spoke in a calm tone.

“You did well, Saya.”

In response, Saya only kept her head down but the redness her ears adapted didn’t go unnoticed by Luna or the shocked surroundings as they saw the previously stern woman acting all shy and adorable in front of the boy.

There indeed was something fishy…

“Should we grab something in the meantime?”

On Austin’s proposal, Saya nodded without much thought, similar to Luna who was silent ever since Austin has returned from Tiara’s subconscious.

Austin knew she had to ask something so he took them to sit somewhere before he could talk things out.

The canteen was open for the students until ten, so they had no problem choosing the location to grab some light while they chat.

As usual, Austin brought some cakes and tea for the ladies as they sat on the dining table by the entrance where no one was present. Well, the canteen more or less was empty.

When Austin returned to his seat with trays in his hand he saw that not only Luna but Saya also had some serious questioning look in her eyes, signifying that the saintess has spilled the beans.

Well, not like he was going to hide such a fact from his sister.

Sighing he plopped down on his seat and served something sweet to both as he voiced his concern first.

“…regardless of what I promised to the princess, I want you to know Luna that you are the only woman whom I could come to love ever in my life. Remember that.”

Saya’s heart clenched but she didn’t let it show on her face. She might be disheartened after hearing that her brother couldn’t love anyone else, but the promise mattered more at the moment.

Similarly, Luna also was tense. More so upon hearing his words which told her that something undesirable would be following.

But even so, she has decided to hear it whatever it was.
Nodding she urged him to continue.

Austin took a deep inhale, making the two in front even more nervous as he finally decided to tell them what caused Tiara to agree with him.

“Actually….”

----------------------------------------------------------
A/N: - Maybe five or six chapters are remaining. Drop a comment if you are excited about the marriage~

19