Kyouki’s farewell!
1.4k 2 12
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It was a very joyous occasion for Eden Academy and Capital of Gram since two of the well-known figures, legendary figures are going to be tied in the holy knot named marriage.

It was exactly a year since the first-year student was admitted to the academy and saw various ordeals in their first year. Either it was the brawl of the knight commander with Austin or the great war at the academy boundaries where if not for Austin, thousands of innocent lives would have been annihilated.

Days went, the calendar flipped, and in the month of spring, the news of the most-heard names of the past year began to circulate even more as soon people heard of the auspicious event unfolding in the central cathedral of the capital.

The Saintess and the Savior were going to be wed and uncountable blessings would make the occasion memorable for everyone to remember down the history.

-----------------------------------------------------

In a brightly lighted hall that had a stone furnished structure and a long conical top window carved at the side wall could be seen several figures currently giggling and gossiping with a sole beautiful young lady as its center.

"Never thought your day of marriage would arrive this soon, Luna-san. I am happy about you both~"

One of the classmates who have shared a decent time with Luna during the start of the first ear sighed with her words as she hugged Luna's shoulder from the back while staring at the bride through the mirror in front.

Luna just smiled shyly since whatever was being said today was only escalating her heartbeat, resulting in the maiden being all beet red with each comment.

"Awww~ Luna-san is so cute. I bet Austin would be in a daze once he sees you like this."

Another short girl chimed in whose words were being nodded by others as well since the current Luna was dangerously adorable. If not for the fact that no one was allowed other than some selected guests in the church, there were thousands of audience who came to catch a glimpse of the Saintess.

"Do you think, Sir Austin would be shy to kiss, Luna-san? Ne~ne, do you guys have already held hands?"

One of the girls asked on which Luna felt stumped since she thought they were just teasing her but the expectation in their eyes told that it was the norm for the young generation to be slow in their relationship.

Luna barely held herself from sighing as she parted her lips to reply when suddenly she sensed something and changed the words she previously intended to say.

"Now, you girls get going and join the others. The ceremony is about to start."

The girls grumbled since they wanted to tease the bride some more when they got the chance but it was true that the time of the ceremony was nearing so after some groans and well wishes they left.

Luna sighed for a moment before she looked at herself in the mirror as she heard a familiar voice from the corner of the room.

"Should I throw him away?"

It was Saya who was standing at the side without giving away her presence all this time, who suddenly spoke in regard to the sudden appearance of a certain someone.

Luna contemplated for a bit before she shook her head and replied uncaringly.

"It's okay, and you may enter."

The last of her words were slightly louder to alarm the man who was standing just at the entrance of the bride's cabin, pondering whether he should be meeting Luna or not. But as the lady herself affirmed, he solidified his resolve and walked in with nervous steps.

"It's been a while...L-Luna."

Walked in was a raven-haired young man wearing a formal black and white suit, with a nervous expression shrouding his features. His eyes were drawn to the bride as he felt himself falling into a daze, where it felt nearly impossible from recovering.

Kyouki always regarded Luna as the most beautiful person he has ever come across, regardless of how many beauties he has seen in the past, but right now, she couldn't be described with mere words.

She looked like a goddess descended to bless humanity with her presence.

"It's really been."

Thanks to Luna's reply, Kyouki was able to pull himself out of his stupor as he redirected his gaze in another direction to save himself from further embarrassment.

Luna didn't take it as an offense as she turned herself and stood while facing the boy,

"So you are here to...?"

Kyouki in a fluster pulled out a small box from his spatial storage before he shared his good wishes in a hurried tone.

"I...I just came to congratulate you and Austin. This is a small gift from me, Sicily, and Lilia. I hope you like it."

Luna took the box and upon lifting the top she found a pair of pendants resting inside it which has a half heart carved at the end of each pendant, designed to be complete when the duo would be together.

It was beautiful enough to bring a smile to Luna as her reply came in a much softer tone.

"Thank you for the gift. And thank the other two as well for me."

"Ah...sure I will."

As Kyouki responded the atmosphere around the two became awkward as Luna stayed silent with her gaze awaiting the thing which Kyouki majorly came to say.

Kyouki was a little hesitant at first but soon he let go of his uncertainty and after landing his gaze on hers, he spoke in a gentle tone.

"I just want to thank you, Luna. Despite you never realized, you were the greatest motivation I had which helped me to always get stronger and look forward to a greater future. And I wanted to apologize as well for my past behavior toward you and Austin. Without considering your feelings I always imposed my thoughts and whatnot. Anyway, I can't ask you to forgive me but as a friend please don't hesitate to ask for me ever in the future, if you find my requirement."

Luna stayed silent and despite wanting to stay something about the last part, she stayed silent and respected Kyouki's dignity. She particularly didn't like the boy but his past recent behavior has cleared out some clouds of hatred for him.

"I will be mindful of it, and you also take care of the girls."

Kyouki smiled with a nod before he walked away without any further ado.

In this life, he was never able to confess his love for the girl he has ever fallen for, but seeing the person who he dearly adore smiling beside someone else, was enough for Kyouki to rest assured.

And like that Kyouki brought a final closure to this chapter of his life in which he never was the main character yet he was still contented with this happy ending.

-----------------------------------------------------

A/N:- Drop a comment if you are liking the story~

12