Chapter 20 – The meeting begins
3 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"May I come in?" I said as I put my hand out after closing the door behind me.

Miss Andra looked surprised as she looked at me before opening her mouth." Ah Julian, right I had called for you, come in and take a seat."

Nodding my head I said t Andra with a clueless face." Thank you miss, but for what reason have you called me here?"

She thought for a bit before she started to speak, "No particular reason, I just wanted to hear your opinion on something"

With a befuddled expression I questioned her reasoning, "But why would you want to hear the opinion of a 10-year-old?"

With a smile Andra replied to my question, "Because you are different, you are smart, which is why your opinion is interesting." she said with a somewhat serious expression.

Pausing for a moment, I decided that there was no use arguing with this woman as she would make me do what she wanted anyway. "… well if that is the case then how may I help you?"

Hearing my response a wide smile appeared on Andra's face as she told me what she wanted me to do."Well just take a look at the training schedule I have designed for you students, and tell me if there is anything that can be improved in your opinion. Easy right?"

'The fuck is this woman insane? Asking a 10-year-old to make a training routine for her students, I'm sure she has lost her mind, but I don't remember her, the instructor from hell, ever being this kind of crazy.'

Done with my thoughts I replied in the affirmative, knowing that arguing with the crimson witch was never a smart idea"Well okay I can do that."

She clasped her hand as she smiled and showed me a paper detailing the training for the students "Great here you go."

.

.

.

.

After looking through the chart that Andra had offered me for a while, I finally decided to start speaking. "Well the training schedule for the most part is okay in my opinion, however I would change a few things here and there for efficiency." I said as I placed the paper on the table in front of me.

"Oh like what?" Andra curiously prompted.

I took a pencil that was on the desk and started to point out the issues that I had seen on the chart." Well let's see for example I would much rather decrease the time spent studying in classes, for self training, as some students would rather practice their own martial arts on the side then focusing on their studies." I said as I cut the timing for regular classes by 25% as the classes we were taught right now weren't as important as one might think. The content taught here would once again be taught to us when we would enter the Cyrenae institute where our theoretical knowledge would be greatly expanded upon.

I continued on to the next point not wasting too much time,"Then I would also add an early morning exercise routine for the students. While the existing one is okay it has a shortage in the amount of time a student can spend exercising, and most of the time is taken just by running, which won't give the students enough time to practice their weapons." I said to which Andra gave a nod of understanding.

Seeing her nod I finally ended my explanation." While those are the most major points I can see, there are a few minor issues with how you intend to conduct the training, but those are not really major, so I would say they are okay."

"Oh no feel free to talk about those as well, it will give me more to think about, and I quite like the ideas you have presented so far." Andra said as she looked at me with a surprised face, urging me to go on.

With a deep sigh I continued on with my explanation seeing that talking less was not an option here. "Well I would say that instead of the moderate amounts of training you intend to give the children right now, a much more intense training would be much better. I think so because most of the students here already know how to control their mana so a simple training routine with just running and push ups won't be quite as effective."

Seeing that I had completed my explanation miss Andra finally spoke. "So how do you propose we change the training then?"

"Weighted cuffs." I said as that was the most natural thing to do.

"But do you really think students will be able to handle the extra weight of the cuffs?" she asked with a smile.

'Ahhh so she had already thought of all of this before I even came here, and is simply testing me.'

"Well if they were normal 10-year-old's I would say that this idea was absolute insanity, but the students here are the most gifted students of my generation, so they have already awakened their mana. As such I believe that most of the students from our class should be able to handle the training, and those who cant will just have to get used to it." I said with a smile.

"You, have you ever thought of becoming an instructor at the academy in the future?" Andra said as she saw the grin on my face that I had found hard to control.

My face turned stiff when I heard her response as I did not see that coming at all, "No I intended to be a warrior."

With a sigh she said upon my response "Really, that is a shame, with your idea's I would say you would perform terrifyingly as an instructor, however I can not say the same if you intend to become a warrior, especially with your mana affinity."

"My answer still remains the same." I said this time with a very stern expression.

Looking at my expression Andra decided to back off from the topic for the time being as she went on to speak, "Well that is a shame, anyway you may return, oh by the way when you go to your room a surprise will soon be arriving for you."

************

Back at the palace,

*STEP STEP STEP STEP*

The sound of countless people rushing could be heard. The place these people were rushing to was the royal meeting hall that was reserved only for emergencies of national importance.

"Duke Cavendish, did his majesty explain to you why he has called for a meeting of the noble houses all of a sudden?" said a tall silver haired man in a lavish blue suit as he looked at a black haired gentleman in a stunning black suite.

"Unfortunately not lord Webb, while his majesty told me that the matter is of grave importance, I have not been told much regarding the situation." duke Cavendish replied in the negative as he walked and looked at duke Webb.

"Hmm so you were told the same thing as the rest of us. Well we will find out once we enter the room." the silver haired gentleman responded to which duke Cavendish nodded as they reached the meeting hall with the rest of the nobles that were behind them.

*Creak slam*

The guards opened the door to a magnificently decorated room, with a large round table at the center of it. On one side of the table the emperor was seen to be seated along with count Alfred, discussing something.

""WE GREET THE GREAT LION OF THE EMPIRE""

The nobles shouted as they bowed greeted the emperor.

"Good evening everyone, please take your seats." the emperor said after waiting for all the nobles to enter the room.

"Great now that everyone is seated I would like to inform you about why I have summoned upon all of you here all of a sudden." the emperor said as his face turned grim.

0