Chapter 32: Dissonance of Aggression (Harry)
5 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Within an Unknown Town in the Neutral Continent on Eklipses...

 

Though this is for many who have read my writings whether in secret in the Territories of Order or hushed whispers in the Territories of Neutral,

I am aware of some who choose to read my books, that despite their forbidden nature declared ever so often by the Pantheon of Order.

Likely have noticed that I have been slowly changing the subjects I've been writing about over time.

Sometimes the drift isn't too significant from my books on the subject of religion, but other times it trespasses into new subjects altogether.

Though I would struggle to explain why I have been doing that as of late for the other subjects, The story for this one is easy to explain.

A large portion of the reason why I am penning my thoughts on this specific subject to paper can be largely attributed to the argument I'd recently had with a local hero of a village I was passing through.

 

They had an intense desire to rebuke my commentary on some of the experiences I had directly in the temples and the churches,

Though I knew not to state that the experiences were my own, I made sure to use many other experiences and compiled them into my argument and view.

But this hero had this weird complex, compelling him to argue for my error in views and to beg for forgiveness or even to bow in apology,

For I had been clearly mistaken for those that serve the gods were handpicked to have but only the greatest concerns held in their hearts.

That they were purified in light to remove those flaws that would get in the way of their divine obligations and duties to the people and their gods.

 

Though I was doing my best to be respectful, this child's tirade grew to be grating on my nerves within a matter of minutes.

Though instead of choosing the crazed option of just killing all who were present in the bar, I held enough reason and respect for myself to leave that hot mess of a conversation.

Though it did not leave my mind, as while spending numerous days traveling away from the village and to the next city, I had an extensive amount of time to think back on it.

Though I would not change any of the words I rebuked the child with, it was not hard to decide to stew on the thoughts longer, to pick out what were my views on the topic were specifically.

As I then made plans to design my next book based upon those thoughts and many others that I had left in my mind collecting dust, which answers why I am writing this topic for my newest book made for release.

 

Many folk of the world presume only select professions and folk practice such things called Aggression, 

That any of the warriors, of the berserkers, of the beasts, or even the classes of a more macabre nature, are the only ones to possess it in large amounts.

But that is simply not the case, any of the mad ones, any of the sane ones, any of the elderly, or the young can wield aggression to great effort and the great horror for the target of that aggression.

 

Many folk of the world assume only those who practice things like martial skills or weapon skills would possess the power to inflict a great deal of violence on anyone nearby,

That any of the spear users, of the sword or polearm users, could inflict violence and bloodshed onto others in great amounts are the only ones who can use violence effectively,

That any other person in daily life cannot use violence, or that those who do, are too intellectually challenged to use it effectively, but that is woefully silly.

 

Many folk of the world presume only those who either seek it out or those who are born with it, can possess large quantities of power,

But that is just not the case, for there are more forms of power, some rigid like the laws that govern our civilizations, to the simple usage of words to sway approval or dislike with ease.

Power does not need to be measured in material wealth or physical potency, it can be just as measured in influence and/or the number of friends amongst the community willing to aid at a moment's notice.

 

If not for that incident with the hero, I might not have decided to write about this topic, so that goes to show just how subtle the use of each of these is with society at large.

To even the respect I have for that young hero for sticking to his beliefs, though it is hard to think of him having anything but the ignorance of a tree even now.

 

But that is why I have concluded that regardless of race, temperament, or any other factor, all three of these things will always be present in people.

They will simply be in varying amounts within them, and that any would be capable of these actions, in not just defense, but in doing active harm.

Some might look at my findings as to be the ramblings of a naive or perhaps crazed researcher, who speaks the obvious in broad daylight.

But I must ask, have you actually took the time to look at everyone in a single room and realize any one of them could be capable of causing genuine harm, regardless of its scale or lethality of the attacks done?

Some may not be able to do as much harm as some of the bulkier or dexterous members of the group can, but harm is still harmful despite what source it is from.

 

Aggression is still terrifying if you either not prepared for it occurring or for who the aggression is from.

Violence is still bloody regardless if it's simply the wound of a knife or the removal of an entire hand or limb from someone.

Power is still present, even if it's only in the form of words and the control of the conversation.

These factors are always present in daily life, nearly regardless of what station or life circumstances one grows up in.

To deny that any one group or any one profession cannot cause harm is to place a target for that group to aim at when they had the last straw.

Or to presume that they are just when can be just as wicked as those, the one did not call off as being "pure" of those actions.

 

This is only my opinion on the subject, however, and any who are willing to meet with me for discussion is up for the task of telling me I'm wrong in the language of words.

And any would-be assassins those old and those new, please learn how to properly shred my works, as I'm starting to feel genuine pity for the lack of training and experience amongst you folks for a while now.

So putting some focus on actual training regardless of the time it takes would make you folk look less pathetic, though it's up to you if your willing to take that advice or not.

For everyone reading the books I have published and distributed, have a happy living and happy survival.

 

-Written by Harry the Heretic 

0