Chapter 30: Dealings of Desperation (Spook)
5 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Historical Accounts of a country in Neutral Territory on Eklipses...

 

Autobiography by Ninette Silverwind

 

What those in the know, defined by the wreckage state we are currently in to be a now slow decline of our power as a nation.

Only a matter of time before the insurgence of traitors and revolutionaries appear amongst the populace from the growing famine.

If the country is to survive, immense aid is needed to keep our remaining forces together if we stand to make a comeback in these trying times.

No matter where, we must accept any power we can, even if deals and sacrifices must be made to protect this glorious kingdom, our home from ruin.

 

If we must for the sake of it all, we will sacrifice desire itself to protect those who are left,

It's time to take back our own agency from what fate, the world wishes to grant us, it's time to deal with the Geints. 

 

...

 

They from their realm have agreed to send an agent through the veil of worlds to our kingdom to aid us, though the conditions were quite harsh to get more aid for the kingdoms years to come, so be it, the price will be paid.

But if it's for the sake of prosperity for the kingdom, I'll even become the queen of the nation if I must step up to it,

I won't allow the home of my forefathers and foremothers to fall to ruin now, I shall ensure it survives,

...The next time ill write it will be after the deal has been sealed, once I've given up the price to ensure their cooperation for eternal prosperity for my kingdom, regardless of any invader's wishes.

 

...

 

It's now the 5th day of the 3rd winter month, things are starting to look up for the kingdom with me as the king's spymaster,

Maybe life for the citizens will start to return to normalcy soon, once all the rebels have been extinguished.

During the 7th month of this year, a portion of the nobility, a group of 7 were found to be traitorous,

With an 8th noble dead as a result of their machinations, with 2 small houses found making plans to betray the country as well. 

 

All were burned in the [Flames of Life] while strapped to stakes, with their life forces added to my own once the execution was done, their life-force beating even as their forms and minds were ripped apart and given to others fitter to use them in the end.

As I was finishing my last reports, my Gifter asks me this randomly "why did you arrive at this punishment is an uncertainty to me, was the harsh punishment so necessary if that is not too difficult to ask."

Ask Spook, the geint bound to my life and my successors by the deal, as it stirs the remainder of the ashes, that remained of the traitor's bodies, after some time, dumping it into a small vial as it awaits for my answer.

 

Though I could not answer them at the time, as I could not and would not provide an answer to their inquiry, as I finished the last of my paperwork.

As while I stayed my tongue, I let my thoughts wander on my last work, I found no problems in allowing the establishment of this academy.

With the future ahead of us, some nobles and warriors started to make plans to create an academy for adventurers, to help grow better workers who can do tasks in our country and incentivize them to train here.

I wondered what drove them to this, wandering my thoughts to my own drive, wondering just how all this led to my new position, from whether it was a specific person, an event, or situation that impacted my decision to involve myself in my country's survival, to this academy some nobles paid to raise.

Whatever the case, the future holds many mysteries, both for myself, this country, and to Spook, who will be here long after I have disappeared from this world.~

 

End of Autobiography

0