chapter 2 family
48 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It was a normal summer day, even the slight chirping of birds could be heard, but after a while, they were lost in the noise of cars and some other vehicles that were passing by.

He woke up late as he used to stay up till late at night for his work. He stayed awake till about 3 o'clock in the night or can be said in the morning when he finished his work it was already 2:30 and after that, he went to his room for some sleep, but before he could reach his bed, he heard some strange sounds.

After hearing those sounds, he took a look around him,

"Where did that voice come from?"

He was a little concerned after hearing those sounds.

Even after looking around him, when he did not know where these voices were coming from, He thought that all this was just his imagination. because he was awake for a long time to finish his work and he should just get some rest But even after lying on his bed, he could not sleep for a long time. Because he was hearing that voice every little while and every time it was getting louder.

He covers his ears with his hands in the hope that the noise will subside but it didn't work as he expected it.

After a while the loud sounds which were becoming unbearable have now slowed down a bit, so low that it was almost no longer audible. And when he finally fell asleep it was almost 3 o'clock at the night.

But now it is 8:30 in the morning and he is getting late for his college. His first class is about to start at 10 o'clock and he has just woken up If he hurries, he can reach his college on time without being late for his class.

So he freshens up hurriedly to go to college, then after brushing his teeth, he takes a quick shower. and gets ready quickly.

He was wearing his T-shirt the wrong way. The t-shirt he had worn in a hurry now seemed to have the wrong design. Also, the stitching of the T-shirt was now visible. But he quickly corrected it after feeling it.

After that, he went to the prayer area for prayer, and after reaching the place of prayer, he stood in a position that is suitable for prayer.

Then he stands in front of the place of worship with folded hands and prays with his eyes closed for some time.

There were not only idols of Gods at the place of worship but Three photo frames were also hung on the wall next to the place of worship.

He was not just worshipping Gods He was also paying tribute to his family members at the same time, Sadness could be seen on his face as he was paying tribute.

He also had a little moisture in his eyes as he paid tribute to his family, his vision became a little blurry, he wiped his tears and strengthened his heart so that tears would not fall from his eyes.

After prayer, he decided that he should get his things ready for going to his college before he forgets something.

After preparing his stuff he went to the fridge for his breakfast hoping that there would be some leftover food in the fridge that he could use for his breakfast and then go to college. Contrary to his expectation, there was nothing left to eat in the fridge.

There were only a few instant noodles and a few packets of food in the fridge and a packet of bread containing only a few pieces of bread and a bottle of milk.

So he decided that he will go after eating this bread and milk for breakfast because he is getting late for college and now he doesn't even have time to make instant noodles. He quickly took out the milk and bread from the fridge, then he started finishing his breakfast in front of the fridge.

While he was having his meal, he started remembering the time that he spent with his family when they were alive.

Like every day his mother used to go to his room to wake him and his brother for school. His brother also slept in the same room.

After raising both of them, his mother would prepare breakfast for them. His younger brother was always half asleep after waking up and it would often hit the walls too while walking.

"Well who could blame him he was very young at that time"

He giggle a little while thinking about how often he would even fall from the stairs.

"Idiot" only a single word left from his mouth  describing the personality of his brother.

After saying that, tears started pouring out of his eyes like rain which he had been stopping since morning. He sees an image of his family as tears flow from his eyes.

He dropped the bread and milk bottle he was holding in his hands and rushed to stand near them.

He gets even more emotional when he sees the scene in front of him. In front of him, his younger brother is waiting for his breakfast on the table singing a song in new clothes.

His mother was cooking for him in the kitchen and his father was drinking tea while watching the news while sitting on the sofa. He was grumbling to himself about the current state of the country and corruption at the same time.

Seeing the scene in front of him, he became even more emotional and got down on his knees and started grieving.
What he was seeing was the day when he last saw his family.

It was his brother's birthday that day and his parents decided to go out to celebrate the day by hiking the mountain.

Ray was especially excited to go there as he had never been to a mountain before.

He knew subconsciously that everything he was seeing in front of him was not true, it was just an illusion that he had created but he was refusing to believe it.

"Forgive me forgive me" He bowed his head and was apologizing to his family.

"If only i was with you"

Saying that if he was also with them, he too would have been in heaven with them or the accident wouldn't happen in the first place.

he was crying not just because his parents and his brother are dead but what he was seeing is the day when his family died in a car accident.

That day he left for school earlier than usual because of his club activities. He also wanted to go with them but unfortunately, he could not.

So he decided when they come back he would have already prepared a surprise party for his brother. But they didn't come back.

And what he was seeing was from that day. And apart from him, all the members of his family are present in that scenario.

Which was reminding him again that all of his family members have left him and only he was left alive in his family.

"Why only i am alive. I should have gone with them. If I had gone with them then the accident wouldn't happen."

He was sad that everyone was dead and he was the reason for this.

"Plea.. please forgive me" he apologise again while on his knees and his head facing down his eye were fixed on the ground like glue. And the tears which were not stopping for a moment. The amount of tear which was dropping from his eyes made the floor wet.

As he was grieving that he was not with them, some short laughs and light conversation could be heard.

Ah.

A small gasp escaped from his mouth.

When he raises his head after hearing laughter and looks in front of him that his parents and his brother are having breakfast and are talking to each other.

Seeing this, he also wanted to engage in the conversation that his family members were having in which only he was not present.

"Mom, dad, ray" after calling his parents and his brother's name, the attention of his parents came towards him except for his younger brother who was busy eating his food.

His mother looked at him lovingly and his father looked at him without any emotion But Ray was just looking at his food.

He called his brother again but this time with his nickname.

" Panda " After hearing that ray looked at him with an annoyed expression.

Haha.. after laughing a bit at his annoyed brother he heard a familiar gentle female voice. Even without looking, he knew that this voice belongs to his mother which he has not heard in years.

"Kalki come here how long will you be sitting on your knees now come here quickly and have breakfast with us." She said to him who was still on his knees.

"Come here soon or else this hungry little panda will eat your food too" she added If you don't hurry there will be nothing left for you.

As soon as he heard that he immediately looked in the direction of Ray who was eating like there would be no tomorrow. Ray quickly filled his mouth and looked at kalki with a big smile on his face.

"Yeah!!! You should. come quickly " ray was laughing while looking at Kalki.

"Yeah you're right I should join you and help quickly digest the food that you have filled in your tummy by punching you in your abdomen"

Tears were falling from his eyes but he was smiling.

'I know all this is not real it is just my imagination but I want to live this moment right now. he said this in his mind.

Knowing that what is in front of him is not real, he decides to live the moment. Because he doesn't know when all this will end.

"Come on Hurry up," his mother said to him.

Yes!! With a small yes he replied to her.

Then he stood on his feet from his knees, wiped away his tears With a big smile on his face, with slight moisture in his eyes he walked towards the table where his family was sitting.

As he approached the table and pulled up the chair to sit next to his brother Ray, his family who was sitting next to him started blowing like smoke in the air, and then they disappeared within seconds.

"Mom, dad, ray d.. don't go, don't leave me here alone I can't live anymore without you guys, take me with you too, I don't feel good here anymore, I'm afraid I'm afraid of being alone. just take me with you"

He was continuously calling them by shouting, but with no success, his scream turned into crying. He even tried to capture the smoke that had been his family a moment earlier.

His family disappeared before his eyes and he could do nothing but watch it.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.

Now the sounds of crying started coming out of kalki's room. The neighbours who were living next to kalki's room began to hear it. And they came to know that the boy who lives in the room next to them is sad.

Hearing kalki's cry, some neighbours became concerned for him. and decided to console him.

Knock! Knock! Twice the sound of the door rattling came to the room.

After that the worrying voice of the woman can be heard "son are you okay"

Hearing the voice of the worried woman, the sound of his crying stopped for a moment.

Again the voice of the same woman was heard from outside.

Knock!! Knock!!!

"Son if you are not feeling well and if you have any problem then you can share it with us we will try to help you in any way possible"

After hearing this, the door of the room opens and a young boy walks to the door of his room.

He took a glance to see in front of him, Seeing that many people were standing in front of his door who is probably his neighbour he hurriedly glued his eyes to the floor.

Unable to remember people's faces and facial features after losing their entire family in a car accident. As such they have only a face which does not have eyes, mouth, nose or other facial features. He doesn't even remember the faces of the people he met. Regularly.

Kalki remembered only the faces of his family members. The only way he could see someone's face properly was if he saw them indirectly if he saw them through a mirror or looked through a camera or looked into a screen. As if he had created a barrier, because of this he always found it difficult to express his feelings.

Seeing that the boy was not even looking at them and was lost in thoughts, the same woman again decided to ask if the boy was okay.

"Are you ok"

She said in a voice filled with worries.

"I know what is the pain of losing a family member I have also lost my son he was very young at that time he was even younger than you then"

Reminiscing about her lost child in his early teens she gets a little emotional.

"What a sweet child he was"

She said with a small smile on her face, but there was a slight pain in her voice.

"I know you've lost your family but if you always cry thinking about them, they'll be worried about you in heaven. And you didn't want that, do you?"

"It's time for you to move on just like I did not only for you but for them too"

"Yes young man you should steel your heart and live your life for loved ones that are not with you"

Behind the woman, a man said some encouraging words.

Few more words can be heard by other neighbours.

After listening to those people, he calmed down a bit. and he answered in his lifeless voice.

"I'm fine now you don't have to worry about me"

Having said this, he bowed his head slightly in gratitude. and then he closed the door with slight sounds of thump.

Seeing this his neighbour decided that it's best if they don't bother him anymore.

But the woman of the middle ages who was able to take a look at his face was still worried about the boy.

After that, he went to his bed and laid down and stretched his right hand straight facing his ceiling fan.

"I should move on, it's easy for you guys to say but for me.."

He paused mid-sentence and changed his position then he went silent.

1