chapter 3 powerlessness
31 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 
After some time he got out of bed and decided to go to college.

It was almost noon when he reached his college. Some students were walking around the college grounds, probably waiting for an afternoon lecture, but he went to class and decided to wait there.

After a while, his lecture started but he did not pay much attention to it and kept staring outside the room.

Some of his classmates noticed that he was gloomier than usual and decided to talk to him after the lecture.

Light orange hair almost 5 foot 8 inches tall with a cylindrical body a boy name Ron went near him and stand beside him.

"Heyy mate what's up"

He was one of the students that had noticed his unusual behaviour.

"Are you alright"

He asked in a familiar manner.

"Ah.. no I am fine"

he answered the question that he was suddenly asked.

"Fine, I don't think so. You've been staring out of class the whole time. You used to get a little sad in lectures, but today was something else "

It's nothing I just not feeling that well that's it.

Ron saw the colour on the face of the boy sitting at the desk. Pale skin and dark circles under the eyes. His eyes were red, even the traces of tears were visible as if he had cried a lot before coming here.

After seeing this, he didn't try to prey on it because he thought it would end the conversation.

So he tried to change the conversation.

"Oh and here I thought someone was troubling or something terrible happened to you. But if you are not feeling well then you should go home and rest"

" And leave your attendance to me I will take care of it "

He smile brightly with his chest puff and his fist clenched placed on his chest to ease up the atmosphere.

Feeling a positive vibe coming from the boy standing beside him he turns his face away from him.

Don't worry, you don't need to do all this. I can take lectures without any problem.

he responded by staring at the wall away from the boy standing next to him.

Realizing that the atmosphere around him had become a bit heavy, he tried to carry on the conversation with a few light words, but before he could spit a word, the boy spoke to him.

trust me you don't have to worry about me I'm fine and i can attend the rest of the lecture.

Hearing this, Ron went to his desk and sat down. Feeling a little down, he clenched his fist and slammed it on the desk.
.
.
.
.
.

Rays of light seep through the clouds and pass through the window, the sun falls on the horizon and casts a shadow of the window on the ground and table, turning the atmosphere magical red.

Sitting alone at the desk in the classroom, head down and covered with both hands. He waited for everyone to leave the premises.

The sunset was replaced by the full moon which was partly hidden by the clouds.

He heard strange sounds like the previous night but different at the same time. As if they were asking him to follow them, he stood by the desk and decided to follow the sounds. He walks through the hall which is illuminated by the moon. Cold air passes by him which makes him tremble.

But he continues to follow those voices and the only sounds that can be heard in the hall are his footsteps and the wind.

Not knowing how much time has passed, he followed the voices and did not realize that he had left college long ago. And now he is standing in the middle of the road.

Honk...  Honk..

The truck braked heavily and left tire marks on the road.

A man shouted.

"You idiot, what the hell are you doing in the middle of the road, if you wanna die, die somewhere else"

After hearing the man's tantrum he comes to his senses. a few inches away from a truck surrounded by cars in the middle of the road.

"What hell are you waiting for move your ass away from here and go somewhere else?"

The man shouted again. He stuck his neck out of the window of the truck.

He quickly apologizes and walks off the road to the sidewalk.

But the voice kept coming as if telling him to keep following them?

He followed them as he passed through many streets and each time he passed through the streets the sound became louder and more clear.

After a while, the voices stopped, and he found himself in a narrow and dark alley, covered with buildings very close and parallel to each other on both sides.

The short path passing through the building can hardly be called a road. It broke in several areas filled with running water from the sewer. There were also some dustbins, but the dustbins were filled to the neck and any excess garbage can only fall on the ground causing a terrible smell to the area.

He tried to leave the street quickly but was finding it difficult to go. He saw that some rays of light were coming from some distance. So he headed towards there and increased his speed to leave the area as soon as possible.

He was gasping a little as he left. He put both his hands on his knees and after taking a breath, he looked back.

There was almost no trace of light even on the full moon. And now he could hear no more strange sounds, his purpose of coming here quickly disappeared and he started walking home but he collided with someone.

Covered in black cloth from head to toe. The man was holding a book in his right hand and a small wooden stick in his left hand. It was thick at the top but sharp at the bottom and had a beautiful carving on it and the image of a sun on the horizon.

Aa.. am sorry..

He quickly apologizes to the man who had covered his entire body with the strange black cloth.

Not feeling good about the man in the black cloak, he decided that he would not talk unnecessarily to him. He started to walk on his way home.

"Is someone following me"

He felt that someone was following him. He turned to see if someone was following him, but he saw no one there, not a single person, not a car, not even a street dog.

"I may be thinking too much, it must be because of the events that have been happening to me throughout the day."

He kept on walking but now he could hear the footsteps of the other person who was almost in sync with his footsteps.

Now convinced that there was someone following him, he picked up his pace to create some distance between himself and the person following him.

But with each passing moment, the sound of footsteps was getting closer to him. For a moment his body froze and one hand touched his shoulder, his whole body trembled. He had never felt anything like this before in his entire life.

A small gasp escaped from his mouth and he slowly turned his face to see who was standing behind him. While his whole body remained still. To his surprise, he saw the same man whom he had accidentally collided with earlier.

The man was covered in black rob which had hidden most of his facial features but his mouth was the only place that had not been covered. The man was smiling creepily while looking at him

'Why is  this man following me, is it because I bumped into him and didn't apologise properly to him'

Before he can think any more that man smiled at him. That smile sent a chill running down the spine. Kalki's whole body was trembling and that black rob man was the only person that Kalki was able to see any facial features other than his family member.

"Do you have some business with me"

Kalki asked the man in a trembling voice but the man didn't reply.

"If you had nothing to do with me, then please take your hand off my shoulder"

The man smiled and replied.

"I've already taken my hand off your shoulder"

The man smiled and didn't let go of his smile for a moment.

Kalki was so scared that he didn't realise that the man has already removed the hand from his shoulder.

"What you want"

"Nothing"

"Then Why did you stop me?"

"I just wanted to have a little chat with you that's it"

"What do you want to talk to me"

The man in black brings the book in front of Kalki's face that he was holding in his hand and said.

"Did you ever heard anything about the .......... Religion"

He was still smiling as he said that.

"N..no"

Kalki faltered a bit but answered his question immediately...

"Well I guess, it's understandable because the region I believe in is not that popular yet"

'Has he come here to recruit me into some kind of religious cult?'

Kalki thought that in his mind. Feeling more uneasy he tried to quickly distance himself from that man.

"Don't try to create distance between us"

The man closed the distance between himself and Ivan in the blink of an eye.

"I didn't want to join any other religious"

Kalki said that before that man could say anything.

"Why not, you should join our religion it will be beneficial for you."

"It will give you peace not only to your mind and body but also to your soul that has been wounded."

the man in black said in a soothing tone.

Hearing this, Kalki's mind was shaken a bit. He calmed his thoughts and gave a stern reply to the man in black.

"No, I don't want to join the religion you are following and I believe there is no place to talk now, so I'm leaving, I'm already late"

Saying this, Kalki quickly turned away from him and created distance between them. then he started going home.

'What a weird person that he was. I am sure that joining his religion is not the only reason that he approach me but something else'

"I should probably report this to the police"

he said out loud. And the man who was following him listened to him.

Realising his mistake his foot stopped moving, shivers ran through his body and he found himself in front of two other  man in black, taller and wider than the previous one

"What the hell.."

He jumps back a bit in surprise at the sight of the two men. He tries to find another way to avoid them, but contrary to his expectations, he finds himself surrounded by a total of five different people.

"You shouldn't have said that. Now we have to do what we didn't want."

The first man in black clothes said that. He has already closed the gap between them and was now standing behind him. Kalki realized that he had made a mistake that could lead to something terrible.

Soon after this, Kalki's vision was shaken and he fell to the ground. The two men who were facing him earlier have now been replaced by their shoes.

"It hurts it's hurt"

"My head is spinning"

"My vision is becoming blurry and my whole body is burning"
 
"Did I get hit on my head"

Kalki was feeling immense pain, he was breathing heavily and gasping for air.

He slowly extended his hand towards the source of pain and touched the head and felt some warm liquid, his head was bleeding and he had coloured his fingers red.

He was lying face down on the ground and the blood coming out of his head had smeared his face with blood and at the same time painted the ground around him with a dark red colour.

Someone had hit Kalki's head from behind probably the first black cloak man that he has met in the alley was the culprit behind it.

Kalki rolled his eyes to see the man behind him, who might have hit and injured his head, but Kalki's blurry vision got in his way.

"Are you perhaps looking for me"

After saying that the man walks and set on his legs near Kalki.

Kalki had no strength left in him after losing that much blood. His breathing was starting to slow down.

"Oh.. how bad of me please forgive me we are both talking for so long but I don't even know your name"

"Let me start introducing myself first. my name is William hart but you can call me just hart. and what's your name"

k...Kalki

Kalki was losing his consciousness and probably would die soon, but he was not sad, he felt quite happy in contrast to his situation.

He was happy because he thought that the moment he had been waiting for so long had finally arrived, perhaps this is the moment when he would be able to meet his family after his death.

"Hmm.. Kalki I think I have heard this name before but I can't seem to remember it well and from whose mouth."

"Hey Kalki what's your full name"

The man grabbed Kalki by his hair and slapped him several times in the face. His calm and soothing voice has become more impatient and angry.

But Kalki did not realize the change in the man's tone and gave his full name.

"Kalki Yamaguchi."

Yamaguchi!! Yamaguchi!!!

The man ponders a bit

"Haa I finally remembered where I heard your name."

What was the woman's name again

"It's Mayumi sir"

Someone else gave the answers.

"Yes yes!! Your right Getto. Now I remember her name was Mayumi Yamaguchi"

"from that woman, I have heard your name and you also share the same surname as her."

"Hey Kalki are you perhaps related to that woman"

"Y..you bas..tard how do you know her"

"How I know that doesn't matter but what matters now is what kind of a relationship you have with her"

"Is she perhaps was your mother"

Kalki's tears and silence gave the man the answer that he was looking for.

"No wonder she kept calling your name when I stabbed her almost to the death with my favourite weapon."

Hart removed the cloth that was covering his face and pointed his left-hand index finger towards his waist lifting another layer of cloth with his right hand.

Kalki saw the book and the small wooden stick that the man had tied to his waist.

"You see this. it looks similar to a traditional Chinese style zanzi, it had made out of the world's strongest wood known as bull oak it has a beautiful engraving of the sun on it."

"Some people say that bull oak Is as strong as steel and it won't break easily"

"But you know I've broken my weapon similar to this before. When I was stabbing your mother's neck with it."

You piece of shit..

"Hey hey.. I also didn't wanted to kill her but she overheard some of our important conversations and we left with no other choice."

"I wanted her to join our religion but destiny had something else in store for her."

"But my heart broke when I came to know that there is someone else who is watching everything. He was hiding behind a tree, holding his voice by pressing his mouth with his hands. He pressed his mouth so hard that his hand marks remained on his face."

"But I did what I had to do. I pulled the broken zanzi from your mother's neck and went straight to him. His legs were frozen, I pulled back my hand a little that was holding my zanzi and stabbed his chest, it didn't go well in his chest on the first try so I have to do it multiple times."

After Hearing that Kalki gathered his remaining strength and jumped straight towards that man and grabbed his neck with one hand and placed another hand on his chest and pressed his fingers to his chest as hard as he could. Making finger marks on that man's neck and chest.

Even after that the man didn't stop and continued to tell him the remaining story.

"The boy groaned in pain. Seeing him in so much pain I decided that I should end his suffering, I picked up a small boulder beside him and just as I was about to break his skull, I heard some people's footsteps coming towards me."

Hearing all the commotion few people that were nearby reached the scene before I can finish him properly.

"So I hid for a while, and a man in his forties ran towards him. After recognizing them, tears were falling from his eyes like rain. He quickly picked them both up and then put them in his car."

"And he started to drive downhill quickly to reach the hospital."

Cough.. cough..

Hart coughed. Because Kalki was still pressing his neck and now his chest was bleeding.

"But you know Kalki I can't let that happen can I, so I ordered my man to take care of them. "

Hart snapped his fingers and Getto slammed his knee on Kalki's back making him lose his grip. Then he pulled Kalki's arm back and locked them with one hand and held his face by another hand.

"And my man did a great job hitting your father's cars with a truck and knocking his car down the hill. and make it look like a car accident."

"I also took care of the rest of the people who have seen your brother and your mother in their condition."

"I didn't want to kill your family. I wanted them to be a part of my religion. A beautiful woman, a young chubby boy and a man with a good bank balance. It would have been great but unfortunately, destiny has something else in store for them."

"I am sorry Kalki."

The man apologised to Kalki. but his expressions are contradictory to his words. the man had placed both of his hands gently on his cheeks and he was smiling ear to ear. Tears were falling from his eyes but those tears were not from sadness but the pleasure that he was feeling.

"You bastard how dare you do that."

"I am going to kill you"

"I am going to kill you"

"kill me, how will you do that? you're gonna die yourself"

Hart grabbed Kalki's face and slammed it on the road. It broke Kalki's nose

"Hey Hart, I think you overdid it. He's going to die anyway, why are you making his death more painful?."

A familiar voice came from the side.

You!!

"Yes, I am your friend"

A young man claiming to be Kalki's friend removes his cloak which was covering his face while approaching him.

Looking at a boy with light orange hair and barely open eyes. He was closing the distance between them.

"Ron you're an asshole, I thought you were a good guy but.."

"I am a good guy to the people I like. I tried to be a good person to you, so I convinced them to come to you, but unfortunately, my wish did not reach you and now you are in this situation."

"Hey you guys, it's time we should leave this place before anyone sees us."

A fair skin woman with a tall and cylindrical body, along with a beautiful face and long blonde hair. she was standing there motionless for some time said that to the group.

"Sign.. I wanted to have a little more chat with you before you die but it seems like it's time for us to leave."

After saying that he stood up and started walking away from Kalki.

Kalki tries to grab hart's legs. with the last bit of strength but failed.

Sometime back Getto had let go of Kalki's hand and face. And is now standing near his feet. And then he slams his foot on Kalki's back.

"Should we leave him like that? what if he makes it out alive?"

The woman said that.

"Aa.. You know I hate when you doubt my credibility, I already told you he was going to die soon. And if you don't believe my words, you should go and finish him."

"If I did that my hand would be dirty with his dirty blood and I don't want that."

"Hey.. What about you Ron? Shouldn't you be the one who ends his misery as his friend?"

"No thanks, I don't even want to get my hands dirty with his blood and he was never my friend, to begin with."

"Oh, how ruthless you are and here I thought you and him had a friendly relationship."

Ha ha ha.. Ron laughed.

"Getto would you like to do the honour."

"No, I have already soiled my shoes."

"Sheesh.... none of you have a decent heart"

After that William untied the book which was on his waist and then went near Kalki.

A cold wind started blowing. The clouds covered the whole sky and swallowed up the moon and the sound of hart footsteps reached Kalki's ear. He raised his face to look at the man and said.

"I am going to kill you"

Clunk.. a loud sound was heard as if two hard surfaces had collided with each other

"Tell me how you're gonna do that."

Clunk

Clunk

The man slammed his book on Kalki's head several times, breaking his skull.

"stop dreaming with open eyes. And come back to reality you have no strength and will left to do anything but you scream in anger to cover your powerlessness knowing you can't do shit."

"And do yourself a favour and die. seeing you like that disgusts me."

The man turned around and walks away from him.

A thunder pierced through the clouds and made the surrounding areas bright. The thunder created five long shadows that reached him and he touched them with his bloody hands as if he marked them.

It started to rain with strong thunder. Raindrops started falling on the ground and him. They moved away from him and all he could do was to see them moving away from him. From his blurred vision.

"My eyes are getting heavy with every breath. am i going to die like this without doing anything? "

"All this time I thought I was the one who caused the accident but even after finding the truth I couldn't do anything."

"Mom, dad, ray I'm sorry I couldn't do anything against those people who killed you. I was weak and powerless against them."

"I am sorry.."

After that darkness covered his vision and the sound of his breaths was lost in rain.

1