chapter 5 Edward’s plan
20 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"DEMON LORD"

Everyone's heart beat increased.

We have to revive the Demon Lord.

Ah..

Everyone's face turned pale on hearing about the demon lord.And only the sound of gasping can come out of their mouth.

The people in the cave looked at each other's faces with confusion and anxiety.

Then they started to talk in muffle voice but fear was visible on their faces along with trembling voice.

But Hal's voice stopped their conversation,
Which made their attention towards Hal.

Edward...

"What the hell are you saying, are you making fun of us? By suggesting this kind of idea." Hal said in a slightly dejected voice.

"I know you are feeling strange after listening to what I have said, but this is the only way we have. we have to revive the demon lord no matter what." Edward said looking straight toward Hal.

"Edward, do you know that we have heard about Demon Lord only in stories?" Hal did not believe Edward's words. The demon has long life span than humans and many other species, some demons can live almost a thousand years, but none of them has ever seen a demon lord in their life.

All the demons had heard about the demon lord in some form or the other. Some demons have heard from their families, and some have heard stories from their friends.

But despite being a demon themself, they did not believe in the demon lord. To them, the demon lord was just a fantasy, which they used to tell their children in the form of stories.

But when they heard Edward's words, they started having trouble believing the existence of demon lord is true or not, just like Hal. to them it's just a myth which has been told in the form of a story.

"If what you're saying is true, then you're probably forgetting, that the demon lord is an existence that only thinks about itself, it doesn't care about anyone else."

"If we made such an existence alive then perhaps it would be the biggest mistake of our life. Rather, it can become a threat not only to us and humans but to the whole world."

"I know very well what you mean, but if we want to survive, we have to take this risk. Edward understood Hal's concern but had no other option."

No...

"We will not take this risk even if we have no other option. We will try to find some other option. We can't afford to drag others species into our matter without them knowing."

"If you had any other option, you would have exercised that option by now and would not have waited for 5 years." Edward said in a dejected voice.

"I knew you wouldn't agree, so I kept quiet and didn't say anything till now. Because you do not have the courage to fight. Now all you can do is talk big but, you can't do anything."

Hearing Edward's words, Hal clenched his fist tightly, and looked at Edward with contempt.

"You all say that you can go to any extent for the safety of your family members and your loved ones. But I know that you are incapable of doing all this." said Edward, looking at the hal in a slightly taunting tone.

"You are all just pretending to fight but in reality, you have already given up." Edward said with a slight smile, which looked like he was making fun of everyone present here.

Hearing Edward's words and seeing his behaviour, people's blood boiled. And the people standing in the cave looked at Edward with eyes full of anger.

Within moments, a large figure surrounded Edward's vision and a hand held tightly to Edward's neck, lifting him off the ground.

Seeing this, Jack's mind went blank. He tries to figure out what just happened. After realizing what was happening, he shouts at Hal to release his father immediately.

"Hal.. release my father immediately."

Ellis also asked Hal to release Edward with Jack.

"Hal.. release him."

Those who had looked at Edward with contempt at first were also shocked. A few moments ago they also wanted to do the same thing. But now the situation has escalated so much that they are confused about what to do.

"Jack your father has crossed all limits. He said that while looking at Jack. But his hand continued to tighten on Edward's neck. As if he would never let go of Edward's neck."

Cough.. ah..cough...

Hearing his father's heavy breathing and seeing him struggling to breathe. Jack picked up the long sword that was next to him and ran towards Hal.

Aaa. Jack screamed.

Hearing Jack's scream, Hal turned towards jack to fight but did not let go of Edward's neck.

"Hal...Leave my father now or else..." Jack shouted at Hal but before he could finish his words, Ellis came between Hal and Jack.

"Both of you please stop. We can't afford to fight each other."

The others became restless seeing what was happening in front. they know that both of them are strong individuals and if they fought each other and get injured. Then their problems are only going to get worse.

Cough...

Edward was having a lot of trouble breathing and was gasping a lot, but he continued to speak.

"Do you know what happens when humans defeat us?" Edward said to Hal in a hurried voice.Edward's gaze was fixed on Hal. As if he was gazing inside him.

"Perhaps who in all of us can know this better than Ellis and you." Edward continued.

Hearing this, Ellis, who had so far held back her tears, now completely failed to stop them. And tears started flowing from her eyes.

Seeing Ellis cry, Hal loosened the grip of his hands and Edward fell to the ground. Hal glanced sharply at Edward but soon turned to look away from Edward

You bastard...

"I.. cough.. what I am saying is true and you know this very well."

"Wherever we lost,  our people were massacred. Humans did not spare anyone, be it children or elders, whether they could fight or not And what did they do to our women... I feel ashamed to even say."

Everyone knew that humans kill the defeated demons or keep the remaining demons alive as slaves. And treat them worse than the animals, especially the female slaves, who are kept alive only to satisfy human lust. And if they get bored, they do what a horseman would do to his horse, when he is no longer able to run again.

"Ellis, You've asked me before, if I have a solution for our problem, but when I told them I had a way to end our nightmares for good. They all refused because there was risk involved."

"If we didn't take any risk then we are going to lose without putting a fight. And we all know then what will happen to us demons."

"Think about it...  Hal"

After that Edward left and sat near the entrance of the cave and then Jack also came and soon Alice also joined them.

Nobody said anything to anyone because they knew what Edward had said was true and that resurrecting the Demon Lord might be their last hope.

The fire burning inside the cave is getting dim with each passing moment like their hope.

Someone sitting a little deep inside the cave started throwing dry wood into the fire. Soon the fire started getting stronger than before. And it started reaching the ceiling of the cave. The fire lit up the whole cave.

The man walked towards Hal and tapped Hal's shoulder twice and signalled Hal to follow him. Then they both walked towards Edward and stood beside him.

"Let's revive our Lord." Orpheus said while pinching the Hal Shoulder. He had already put his hand on Hal's Shoulder.

Sigh... Hal nodded while sighing.

"Edward When are we going to revive the Demon Lord?" Orpheus said while looking at Edward.

"What about the other, did they agree?" said Edward.

"You should look inside and they agreed to your plan the moment you gave them your small talk." Orpheus said.

"I am not completely sure of your plan but for now, we will follow your plan even if it is risky and may pose danger to us in future." Hal said in a dejected voice.

"You don't have to worry about it. I have a plan that can reduce the risk of failure and prevent the demon lord from turning against us."

"If this is true then we should hurry because we do not know when the army of Azmat Empire will start its next attack." Hal said in a tense tone.

Orpheus came close to Edward's ear and whispered. "If there was a way to mitigate the risk you should have told them in the first place."

"Actually, I did not expect that they would follow my plan." Edward said the same way as Orpheus.

"Then let's go to the forest of the midnight. to meet dark elf's"

what... Everyone's head turned towards Edward they didn't expect to hear dark elf's from Edward mouth.

1