Chapter 143 – Harsh Truth
2.3k 2 66
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

'Shit!' Jin cursed in his mind. However, he immediately calmed down when he thought the effect of this truth was revealed to Xenovia. 'Wait, that might be good for me.'

So for now, he kept his gaze on Kokabiel and was ready to kill the Cadre anytime when he had served his purpose to make Xenovia's belief crumble.

"Don't you get it? The god of humans has died! Long ago! In the Great War!" Kokabiel chuckled.

"No! That's not true! There's no way God is dead!"

"Oh, really?" Kokabiel's eyes flashed in excitement. "Then explain it. Why does the Angels' population keep dwindling as the days pass? There are no new Angels born after the Great War!"

"That's because we have lost our power! We're all exhausted and weak now!"

"No, there is a reason why."

"What reason?!" Kokabiel asked. "The reason is that God is dead alongside the four original Satans in the Great War! That’s the hidden truth Church and Michael wanted to conceal! You are now praying to Michael, not to Father!"

"!"

Kokabiel continued laughing as he saw Xenovia fall to the ground. Her face looked like she had seen the end of the world as she kept muttering in a low voice.

That was enough. Jin decided that it was enough from Kokabiel.

"So God is dead?" He asked the Cadre without emotion, which the Fallen Angel misunderstood as him losing his hope.

"Hahahaha! Yeah, that's right! Looking at you using a light sword, I guess you're also an exorcist? Unfortunately for you, your Lord is already dead!"

"I see." He replied in an uninterested manner as he pulled his sword from the roof. Then his lips rose into a mocking grin as he swung his sword at Kokabiel's neck. "Unfortunately for you, I am the follower of the Goddess of Milk, not the Biblical God."

"Wha-?!"

The Cadre's voice was cut short as a loud clang sound echoed in the area. Jin's sword had never reached Kokabiel's neck as a white gauntlet stopped it.

Raising his head, Jin glared at the newcomer. That someone who stopped his attack wore full white armor and had two translucent wings behind his back. Those wings revealed who that was to Jin, who was a bit displeased.

"What are you doing, Vali?" He asked with a low tone.

"That's enough. This guy is still useful, so Azazel asks for him to be interrogated. Don't worry. This guy won’t show up after this.”

"Azazel!!" Kokabiel ground his teeth as he muttered the name of his former boss.

"Well... Azazel was the one who asked me to beat this guy, so do as you please." Jin let go of his light sword, and it disappeared into a mote of light. "But how can you take him? He's strong, you know."

The Cadre was already severely injured, so he couldn't move for a while. But he was still a Cadre nonetheless. With just a few minutes of rest, he would be able to move again just like before.

But Vali wasn't someone who had no plan. "That's easy." His muffled voice sounded confident as his hand was put on top of Kokabiel's chest, replacing Jin's feet. At that moment, the translucent wings behind Hakuryuukou's back shone brightly as the blue gem in his chest spoke.

[Divide!]

[Divide!]

[Divide!]

"Aarrrghhh!! Curse you!" Kokabiel cried loudly as he felt his strength seep out of his body.

Vali's wings got brighter as he used his Sacred Gear's power. Jin watched the scene with interest.

'So he can also do that?' He thought as he stepped away a bit so as not to get involved in it.

After the battle, the Fallen Angel was in a terrible state. He was lying on the roof and panting heavily. His strength was divided three times, it was natural for him to be tired. Then a fist came to his face, knocking him unconscious.

"There," Vali said lightly as he picked up the unconscious Cadre and carried him over his shoulder. He then turned to Jin. "I will tell Azazel about this, but I will keep your power a secret. You don't need to worry about it; just prepare something to ask him. I bet that guy will give you anything you ask for."

"Sure."

"See you later." Vali then flew away with his translucent wings and disappeared, leaving a white trail. His speed was so fast that Jin could only see a blur.

"He really held back when he fought me." Jin muttered as he looked at where Vali had disappeared before turning his gaze toward Xenovia. He also used Senjutsu to feel where Kuroka was and found out she was with the rest of the group in the distance away.

For now, he should really take care of Xenovia, whose belief was broken by the harsh truth. And so he jumped down toward her.

He crouched behind her as she kept muttering something as she clutched her head.

“No… It can’t be… No, he’s lying.”

“Xenovia, are you okay?” Jin caressed Xenovia’s back as he spoke in a soft voice. “Speak to me, Xenovia!”

“God isn’t dead. That guy was lying. There is no way our Lord is dead.”

The girl kept repeating with horror on her face. Maybe the reveal was too great. And coming from Kokabiel, it sounded like the truth.

No, deep down, Xenovia knew that it was the truth. However, she didn’t want to admit it.

Jin noticed that Xenovia wouldn’t hear his voice. So he could only force her. He swung his hand to her cheek, and they made contact, creating a loud sound.

Slap!

“Hey, get yourself together!”

Xenovia looked at Jin with a blank gaze. Her cheek was red from getting slapped by Jin, but there was no sign of her coming back to her senses.

“Damn it! Pull yourself together! You’re strong, aren’t you? Then why did you let that man’s words affect you?!” He shouted in a loud voice. “There is no proof that his words are real!”

“That’s…” The blue-haired exorcist finally came to her senses a little as she mouthed in a soft voice. “But…”

“There is no but. You have no proof that your Lord is dead. If he’s really dead, though, did that change your belief? The world isn’t any different after this! It will stay like this whether you want it or not!”

His words were strong as they contained his own belief. Right, he didn’t really care if anyone in this world died. It didn’t affect him. The world would also just keep moving as it had before.

Not to mention, the Lord was supposed to be dead for a long time before. Long before they were born. Would it make any difference if they knew it or not? The answer was clear.

“Xenovia, listen. You don’t need to rely on your Lord. You’re strong.”

“I am… strong…”

“Yeah, you’re strong. So get up!” He said with a commanding voice.

Xenovia’s eyes quivered. She looked up at Jin, who extended his hand toward her, and took it. Just as he commanded, he stood up.

“Yeah… I am strong. That guy could be lying too…” Finally, a soft smile appeared on her face.

“Right.” Jin smiled back. “That’s how it is.”

Support me in patreon: www.patreon.com/marudeossan
I have advanced chapters and polls to decide the scene there!

Did I mention there is also NSFW ASMR in my patreon starting February? Surely I did mention it.

Join my discord: https://discord.gg/4E4qgYrCrZ

66