Chapter 144 – Power Up
2.6k 4 64
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Nya~?”

While Jin fought Kokabiel and pacified Xenovia in a place a bit far away, Kuroka went to the other battlefield and observed them from a roof.

In the distance, Issei, Kiba, and Irina fought a single man hidden in a hood holding a golden sword. There was a fatass watching them from the side, encouraging the man in the hood to beat the three of them quickly.

That fatass wore a church garment, but his personality and act didn’t reflect the church at all. In fact, Kuroka knew that man was crazy. His name was Valper Galilei, and he was the head of the inhuman experience to create an artificial Holy Sword user.

“They are holding out quite well, nya~” She commented while resting her head on her hand. She sat casually on edge and swung her legs around. “Hmm… Issei has gotten stronger from the last time I’ve seen him. As expected from a Sekiryuutei, I guess nya.”

Issei jumped toward the man while sending a swift punch with his left hand. At the same time, Kiba and Irina closed in from the sides, encircling the man from the three sides.

Their cooperation was almost flawless, as if they had trained in this technique for quite a long time. Issei, the strongest and the fastest among the three due to his Booster Gear, arrived in front of the man first.

The man ducked down and sent a counterattack, kicking Issei in the stomach. The Sekiryuutei grunted and fell on his knees, but that created an opportunity for the other two to attack with their swords. Two swift strikes were swung.

Their attacks were aimed at two different spots. However, the man’s sword glowed when the attacks were closing in. The next moment, the hooded man disappeared from his spot and reappeared behind Irina, sending a swift slash.

“Oh nya?!”

That attack was dangerous. Thankfully, Irina made the correct decision to roll to the ground, barely dodging the attack.

“Kuh! Issei-kun!” She shouted in worry as she regained her balance. Issei was trying to get up as Kiba sent some slashes toward the hooded man, exchanging sword strikes to keep him in the bay.

“I-I am okay!” Issei grunted as he pulled himself up. “Ddraig!”

[Boost!]

[You got this, partner!] The dragon inside his Sacred Gear encouraged him, and he attacked the man once again. This time with stronger force and faster speed.

The fight turned 180 after that, surprising even Kuroka.

“They are good nya! Unfortunately, they live in such a peaceful city. If only they were fighting dangers every day, then they could get even stronger than this!” The cat girl hummed.

The hooded man was pushed into a corner by the combined attack from the three of them. From what Kuroka found out, the sword in the man’s hand was a combination of the stolen Excalibur fragments.

The man used the ability of Excalibur Nightmare earlier, showing some illusion to the three of them to make them think they had encircled him. Because one of the fragments, Excalibur rapidly, was taken by Jin, the man couldn’t move really fast and got cornered very quickly.

The blonde guy, Kiba, stabbed his sword into the ground and used his Sacred Gear, sending a wave of swords toward the man, stopping his movement.

Then Issei jumped toward the man, punching him straight in the face and knocking him out of his consciousness.

Kuroka clapped her hands repeatedly as she stood up. “I guess I have no chance to interfere nya!” She was about to turn around and return to Jin, but she saw something that made her stop. “Nya?”

The fatass, Valper Galilei, took out a blue stone. That stone contained Holy energy that she had never felt before.

“What is that nya? Seems interesting!”

The blue stone glowed a strange light, and the blonde boy’s face turned scary as the fatass explained something. Kiba rampaged as Irina seemed to know what that stone was. Using the sword in his hand, he activated his Sacred Gear again, aiming to kill the fatass.

A mountain of blades appeared like a wave, spurting out from the ground like a beautiful flower. No, like a tombstone. Each sword was different, and they closed in the fatass at a fast speed. They stopped right in front of Vasper, causing the fat guy to stumble to the ground, scared.

Kiba slowly walked toward him. His expression eased as if he had found a sense of perfect peace. When they saw his expression, no one tried to stop him. Even Irina just stood beside Issei, looking at Kiba.

Kuroka felt Jin’s energy going away after Vali disappeared. She hummed for a second and thought about whether she should watch them any longer.

“Well, they would be fine.” She finally decided that no danger would come to them any longer as she cast the last glance.

The blonde boy took the blue stone and put it close to his chest. His energy instantly changed as the sword in his hand morphed into something else. Holy and Demonic. The body of the sword was black as the blade let out a dim silver light.

“That boy is interesting. I should tell Jin about him nya.”

Saying that, Kuroka looked in the direction of the Kuoh Academy. She felt several energies move toward this place and narrowed her eyes slightly. Her lips curled into an amused smile as she caressed her cheek.

“I want to meet you, but I should hold myself back nya. It’s not time yet.”

Her figure was then covered in a black fog, slowly drifting away by the wind. Leaving behind only an image of a grinning cat girl, she disappeared from the roof.

***

Meanwhile, in Hyoudou's house, Jin sat beside Xenovia. The girl seemed to look okay, but he noticed her broken spirit deep inside.

They looked at each other as the blue-haired exorcist’s lips quivered, “I decided.” She muttered.

Jin’s role was to hear her. He didn’t need to say anything, or she would definitely misunderstand or take it wrongly. So he didn’t answer her and only looked at her with a straight gaze.

However, he already knew what she wanted to say. He had planted the seed of disbelief and the seed of pleasure.

“I…”

So when Xenovia opened her mouth once again, he gave her a comforting smile.

“I will leave the church. I will be in danger in that place after I know about the Lord's death. I was wrong about Asia. Now that I have experienced it myself, I know the fear of being excommunicated.”

Her declaration was sudden, but it seemed like she thought it through carefully.

“So…” Then she smiled softly. “Can I stay here? T-That’s because I want to stay in this place with Asia, o-okay?”

His smile grew as he nodded, “Sure. It’s no problem.”

Support me in patreon: www.patreon.com/marudeossan
I have advanced chapters and polls to decide the scene there!

Did I mention there is also NSFW ASMR in my patreon starting February? Surely I did mention it.

Join my discord: https://discord.gg/4E4qgYrCrZ

64