In That Little Purple Sky
1 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
"I think that crying and struggling proves that you're still living."

- Me

"You're crying too? Because of that melody? I feel the same."

- The Imaginary Companion.

"Let me live, love, and say it well in good sentences."

- Sylvia Plath, The Unabridged Journals of Sylvia Plath.

There was an little twinkle in that sky.

You say goodbye to your companions and confidants. In an city resembling Tokyo but in an far future where magic and technology fused. Making an society full of wonder and whimsy where everybody could life without fear of death or starvation. There was an beautiful translucent barrier in the sky. You can feel an light breeze.

In your teenager body you stretched before turning around. You remember could so much. Your first kiss, maybe it your first love, or the first embrace of wine touching upon your lips. Whatever it is you can still remember it fondly. You smiled an little. You had already said your last goodbyes. You could feel tears going down. You feel like like your head was woozy before being struck by an typhoon of memories.

Those little affectionate fist bumps with your best relationships. The bracelets you two shared before it spread to everyone else. Those laughter and cheers. Maybe they weren't friends or buddies but they were certainly the closest things to it. You were happy. You lived with them, cried with them, triumphed with their achievements, and so much more. Or maybe when gotten high score on that arcade machines perhaps by accident or on the hundredth time. Life merrily goes around.

Time goes by so fast, you thought. 

You turn into an giggle that everybody shared. You intrinsically knew that everybody else felt an similar experience. You looked back seeing so many people with similar expressions. Laughter, joy, sadness, bittersweet, anger, regret, understanding, and acceptance all mixed together in their faces. You took an deep loud life. Fireflies and cicadas flew throughout the city turning the bitter silence of tears into an odd mixture of joy and melancholy. This was the last straw as your knees suddenly felt weak. The barrier felt like it was urging you forth.

You started to say everything. From your regrets and sorrows, to your moments, to those embarrassing things you kept as promises, all the way to your most minute of things. You knew, they knew, the Guide knew, you were just stalling. But they all listened understanding. At the end your voice grew so weak. Those times when you went to Golden Cube Arcades, to Neon Lotus Restaurant, to that Akashic Library of Arcane Practitioners, or that School's Magitech Club.

You turned around facing the exit.

Those years you spent in that highschool.

You took an step forward.

Joining the club to create this very barrier.

You took one more.

To save this world from that.

And another step closer.

It was so fun...

You stopped, hearing them.

All of your friends wacky hijinks.

You cried when you heard them. They were urging you, cheering and saying all the things they wanted to say including their secrets, regrets, promises and so much more. You could hear everything separately understanding every word. You cried, your tears in an frenzy.

You ran forward to the baquet's exit where the guide was waiting declaring your last words to them. Was it declaration to meet them again? That you would never forget them? Or one last teary spite fitting of your personality, Whatever it was they would never forget even when they die. 

The Guide smiled stating you made some good friends. 

In all of an sudden you found yourself on an huge floating stage.

You could've sworn the star winked before you went.

 

 

0