The Idol
3 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
  "What am I doing with my life?"

- The Many

"Goodbye."

- Shouldn't it be obvious?

"You shouldn't kick yourself over it."

- You stop thinking of them can't you?

You found yourself on an gigantic stage ontop of an blue ocean. Looking out you see so much. Fish, boats, wonderful mystic creatures, Leviathans of the sea, isles nearby, but importantly of all an deep blue sea with an crystal structure underneath. Looking closer you realized what it was. Your eyes widen but before you could truly comprehend blinding flashes of light appeared. You stumbled an bit before seeing what was happening.

All around you saw figures from every time period and place. Every well known singer and musician and then some, there were some you felt had an unique intrinsic. Some were time travelers, others from different dimensions and worlds, reincarnators, and some you were straight from the TV. You could've sworn you saw one with long blue ponytails. They all seem to preparing for an performance. Right in front of the stage where the ocean was there was thousands of people filling it. Some were mounted on the fantastic beasts, others riding the Leviathans, and some were just simply drifting on boats and rafts. 

To see so much people. Ages old and young, from every ethincity, others from fictional worlds all frothing with different emotions. It was an indescribable feeling, one of melancholy. You can hear the ambient sounds of waves rippling and moving. You felt some sort of harmony, it was beyond any other feelings from even the previous events. Inside of you there was an burning fire, you were already on the stage right?

Compelled you asked some of musicians if you could join. Some of them hurriedly talked to you, but they didn't have much time to chat. They had get ready for this concert. You couldn't really blamed them. It was one of biggest and grandest concerts with genres of music both from familiar and totally alien to you. It was as if this concert was for the universe if not entire universes. You react whether with an crazed laughter or small smile at the insanity. The crowd was from Earth, Mars, Jupiter, planets light years away, alternate universes, timelines, dimensions, and even fictional ones.

Everyone takes the place at their instruments. Drums, violins, guitars, flutes, lutes, harmonicas, pianos, the cello, synthetic noise sets, alien instruments taking forms beyond your understanding, endlessly complex tech, tap dancers, mystic artifacts of noise, historic relics millenniums old, and microphones . You were given instrument you were most skilled with or at the very least one you resonated the most with. Maybe you're an lead singer, an drummer, an tap dancer, an violinist, an piano player, an coordinator, some arcane flutist, or some other instrument, it's your choice. I would it didn't matter but... choices brings substance. 

The music starts, the concert playing songs modern, old, and some entirely foreign and forgotten to you. The presence of thousands of talented and experienced players of every type genre and instrument had enhnaced your skills greatly. You took after thousands of them turning your musical set of skills into an unique mish-mash of every possible genre that could be found there. But despite this you were still obviously making mistakes. To the audience they either didn't noticed or didn't care but to you it was still very embarrassing. 

The crowd is going crazy and you can't help but feel as if some were looking directly at you. As the concert progresses you felt like your confidence and skills were increasing. As if every moment you honing your own skills instinctively. When the concert has started into the night your clothes starts to disapear one article at an time. Soon you're wearing an equivalent of an very skimpy swimsuit(what the fuck?)! There right in front of the crowd you see all people you had crushes on or just liked in general. All in the front row pushing through all the boats and beasts on their rafts and ships from real life and fictional media. You can hear them cheering you on. You had an lot of choice words you were going to tell the guide after this was done.

But right now you can't let these people down. So you threw away your lost dignity and embarrassment and subjected yourself to the flow of music. In an experience similar to The Garden of The Mind your creation became your essence and masterpiece even more then that sculpture. The life of the world was flowing and moving with you. The stars were harmonizing with your movement, whether it was fiddle of the violin or the rhythm of your beat. You let yourself move with the flow and everywhere sprang forth an orchestra of music. But unlike before where you ignore your critques and viewers you followed and and learnt from them. 

You lesson to their cheering and you felt truly satisfied unlike any other time. The concert winded down ending at the early morning and you finish with a rendition of U2's Beautiful Sky as the sun rises with an vibrant youth unmatched. You're overwhelmed by the beauty of it all, of the audience, of the concert, of this even happening in the first place. You feel an similar feeling, the same ones you faced in The Garden of The Mind, The Ministry of Challenges, Elysium's Reunion, and importantly in that city right below that little purple sky. It was time to leave you realized.

You suddenly disapear but not before saying goodbye.

You could have sworn quite an few fans considering their reactions...

There was an little writer of their own inconsequential fate. They were drifting along an raft. But they caught an glimpse of your performance.

Maybe they had an crush.

Oh shut up old man, I'm trying to venture.

I know, I know. I just can't believe I 've met you again. Not after THAT incident.

Oh shut up!

I'm trying concentrate. To voyage onto the seas and find my pathway to life.

Haha okay.

There the rock sat after the end of his own story.

After his identity was stolen.

And he lived to the fullest.

Happily ever after for him!

"I write my own fate not anybody else. I live my own life free of any half bit writers. I will venture and find the reason I continue on, no matter what."

 

0