Chapter 2: Seeing Sung-jin woo
1.5k 14 41
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

(5 Months Later)

'Finally! I have enough money to buy my own house!' Frisk mentally celebrated as she now have a place to call a home.

She used to sleep on the roof of random houses on random neighborhoods as she had no way of earning money, not to mention she was broke. But not everything was bad, she liked the view she had on the roof, the shimmering stars that once in a while glimmer. Even if she didn't like her situation, she had no way to change it without money, and she can't just break into a house and sleep there.

Stretching her legs and arms, she then teleported to a nearby alleyway and smiled to herself. "Seems like I'm getting better at teleporting, though I got to be careful in doing that, some might see me do that, as far as I can remember, no character in the story had the power to teleport" she continued to talk to herself as she got out of the alley. "Besides, after getting some prior training, I could then show off my magic, and if someone wanted to hurt me, I'll just throw them far away with telekinesis (AKA blue magic)" She grinned to herself as she rubbed her nose like a certain famous hedgehog, then she walked towards a destination she had in mind.

Meanwhile, in another place, on a construction site of a building a gate appeared that was ranked by the officials as D-Rank. The protagonist of the manhwa Sung Jin-woo, joined in on a D-Rank dungeon raid not knowing it would change his fate and the world's fate for the better.

"Here, good luck on your raid today" A man said as he gave coffee to a guy with gray hair and a blue jacket. "Thanks~" the guy said as he took a sip of the coffee.

"Hey~ Kim!" A man whose body is leaning onto the chubby side called as he came closer. "It's been a while~" He waved his hand to the guy who was now known as Kim.

"Wait, Bak! What are you doing here?" Kim asked as he offered his hand for a handshake with a smile on his face. "Didn't you leave because you didn't want to become a hunter?" He continued.

"Well, my wife is pregnant with our second son, Haha..." Bak trailed off as he accepted the handshake with a similar smile on his face.

"True, there's nothing like a raid to earn a fortune" 

"I'm worried... It's been so long that I might fall behind" He showed his worry through his voice as he sighed. "My skill is already bad, and it worsened after I took a break"

"Yo~ Sung! You arrived!" A random raider exclaimed as that statement took Kim's attention away from Bak.

Sung, thanks for coming" another raider said as he pat on Sung's shoulder. "It's cold out there isn't it? Good job"

"Haha, it's nothing... I'll be in your hands today too" Sung showed a small smile as he walked towards the raiding area.

"Yo, Sung! Sung! You eat yet?" Kim shouted towards Sung as he waved his hand, hoping he saw him, and lo and behold it did catch Sung's attention.

"Yeah, Mr. Kim Sang-shik. Thanks for worrying about me" Smiling towards Kim, Sung waved at them and then came closer to the gate.

"That man, is he a powerful hunter? Everyone's happy to see him!" Bak asked as he pointed with his thumb on Sung.

"Hehehe... You wouldn't know since he came right after you quit. His nickname is..." Kim paused for some added effect of suspension then continued. " The world's weakest hunter"

"The world's weakest? Not the strongest?" 

"Bro, that's what we call S-rank hunters. Sung is considered to be the weakest" Kim commented as he took another sip of his coffee. "I mean, his weak enough to get hurt in a E-Rank dungeon..." 

"Is he actually the weakest?" Bak questioned as he looked at Kim with suspicion.

"Yeah, he's probably the weakest of us all"

"He's actually that weak?"

"So that means our dungeon will be weak as well since he came" Kim looked at Bak and sipped on his coffee again.

"Ah... I see" 

"Hey, he might hear us. Let's end it for now. Fu fu..." 

'Ive been hearing you, old geezers... Ha...' Sung sighed for how many times. He really needed a coffee to clear his mind.

He walked towards the coffee vendor and asked for a coffee. "Hi, may I have a cup of coffee?"

"Ah, hunter Sung Jin-woo. I'm sorry, all the coffee ran out just now..." The vendor said as he looked at Sung with an apologetic smile.

Sung sighed once again as he walked towards the gate. 'Not even coffee... Feels bad man'

"Really sorry about this, hunter Sung Jin-woo" 

"Not... It's fine" Sung said with his head cast down.

"AH! Jin-woo! You're hurt again!!!" A woman yelled as she walked closer to him with short breaths.

"Oh, hi! Looks like miss Ju-hee is also attending this raid?" Sung said.

"Of course! But that's not the problem! Why is your face hurt again!?" She looked at his face, looking if he had some scratches hidden from plain sight.

"Dunno... It just happened while I was hunting, haha..." Sung laughed it off while looking at Miss Ju-hee, he knew she was worried for him, he didn't want to worry her more with the truth.

"Really... What actually happened?" She bit out with a deadpanned face.

(A small explanation later)

"You even went to a hospital?" She said as they sat on some wooden planks.

"Yeah" Sung looked down onto the ground as he continued to explain. "We were in a E-rank dungeon and I was the only one hurt"

"Huh? How could that happen..."

"The others were all higher ranked so they didn't even bring a healer" 

"Even so, they really didn't bring a healer just because they would be safe?" She asked Sung with worry.

"It's okay. It's only because I'm weak..." He said looking sad. "I'm used to it. Miss Ju-hee also knows that, right?"

Ju-hee didn't reply as she sat there with a sad expression, how could she understand how he feels, she was just a healer.

"Well, looks like everyone's getting ready to go into the gate. Let's go as well" 

"Ok..."

Unbeknownst to them, a girl wearing a blue oversized hoodie and a striped shirt was eavesdropping on them as she showed a small smile.

"So this is the famous Sung Jin-woo, reality really is different from the manhwa" Frisk then walked closer to the gate, making sure she was hidden from their sight.

"Everyone!" A man yelled as it attracted everyone's attention. "We're off to go happy hunting so I'm not really qualified to say this, but..." He then continued. "I'd like to be the party leader for this raid, is that alright with you people?" 

"Mr. Song, your the highest ranked here! I've got no problems" Kim said as he agreed.

"Well, if it's Mr. Song, we can trust him. It's been a while since I've witnessed his skills" said Bak.

Other raiders also agreed with their statements. Including Sung Jin-woo.

"Alright! Then let's enter the dungeon! Let's go!"

Amongst the crowd of raiders, Frisk was standing there while contemplating something. "From what I've seen, every dialogue here was from the original manhwa, that's good... This means Sung will 100% get the system" Frisk had an idea of meeting Sung Jin-woo but thought that would contradict to what she had planned.

"Should I enter or not?" Frisk asked herself as she thought of the pros and cons of joining the raid. She ultimately decided to not join the raid, joining the raid might lower the chances of Sung Jin-woo becoming the shadow monarch, since she doesn't want to bear the burden of saving the world from those monarchs.

Frisk decided to see her stats as she extended her hand and opened her palm, thinking of her stats a screen lit up.

|=================|

Frisk

LV 1

HP 20/20

AT 2 (20) [Half the damage is converted into KR]

DF 1 (2)

EXP 0

Next: 10

Weapon: Knife

Armor: Sans jacket

|=================|

"It seems like my DF stat grows the more I live in this world. So 5 months is equal to 1 DF stat?" Frisk crossed her arms as she tapped her foot on the floor. She then continued onto her other stats.

"KR would definitely be effective in this world, everyone should have done at least 1 sin in their life, and with this 10 KR, depending on their HP and sins then they would definitely die a painful death" She rubbed her chin in thought. "Well I should start my training then, but training with magic would be destructive, I'll get found out no matter what... Maybe I should train in a dungeon?" Frisk decided to train in a dungeon, in a dungeon, no one would know, and no one would see her she just needs to go to an undiscovered gate for now, she then walked to a location where there were no people then teleported to who knows where.

Pretty boring chapter ngl

41