Chapter 6 – Bakham City’s famous boating.
7 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

We are now in Beckham City's local market. A short distance from here is the riverside. I, Devin, and uncle Steven were going there. We also looked around the local market and you can see many shops with various accessories. But, the most interesting thing is the street food in this city. It is fantastic. 

We went to a food shop and ordered 3 foods for ourselves. Devin and I both love tasty food. It didn't take that much time when the food was ready. Just smelling the delicious smell of this food, I begin to feel hungry. Wasting no time, I gulped down the food. 

"As I hear, the food is really delicious. I feel like eating more and more," Devin said. I just nodded, hearing him. The food here is superb.

After finishing the meal, we were walking towards the river again. Suddenly, I felt someone looking at me. Maybe someone in the crowd is looking this way. I don't know why I feel like someone is watching me. I quickly started looking around. This is an uncomfortable feeling. 

So many people, I didn't realize who was looking at me. But I saw some people who scared me a little. I saw these same people at the hotel a little while ago. They are also coming towards us, or you can say, towards the river bank. I don't know why I feel like they are following us.

"Devin, I saw the guys I left at the hotel this morning behind us. I don't know why I feel like they're following us." I said softly to Devin.

"I saw it long before you did. They weren't just following us, they were looking at you." said the table.

"Do you know them, or do any of your parents know them? " I shook my head no. I had never seen them before, and neither had my parents.

"Strange thing, neither you know them nor Uncle Aunty knows them. So why are they following us and especially looking at you?" Devin fell silent at this. I can tell by looking at him that he is deep in thought. Uncle Steven and I said nothing. I've seen many times before that when Devin is deep in thought, he doesn't like to be disturbed.

"Well, stop thinking about them for now. If it comes to anything, they have no choice." That's what Devin Khali said. I also agreed with him and stopped thinking more. Because I know it's better if I don't get any answers than if I just enjoy the scenery.

_________________

Devin's POV:

Ever since we left the hotel, I noticed that these people were following us. Wherever we are going, they are also coming there, but they are maintaining a distance. Who are these people? Why are they behind us? Did they somehow find the treasure? I'll have to think about this. But if you can't feel the beauty of nature when you come to such a beautiful place, then it's a failure to come here. 

After some time, we reached the river bank. Here we see lots of boats. We boarded a boat. By boat, we will go around the whole city once. This is a special attraction here.

I looked around and saw that those people were no longer visible. So what was our idea that they were following us? I can think of them later. For now, I will just enjoy the fun of pushing the boat. 

Two more people got into the boat and started driving the boat. Various branches of this river pass through the city and boats ply through them. We were also roaming around in different parts of the city. I looked back and saw that there was another boat behind us. At first, I didn't notice but later I saw that the people who were following us were sitting in that boat.

I am sure they are following us. I saw that Jack and Uncle Steven didn't notice. So I said nothing to them. If they know about it, they will be tense and unable to enjoy it. 

It is now four o'clock in the afternoon, and we are now returning to the hotel. It took us three and a half hours to tour the entire city. I am very hungry, so I am returning to the hotel quickly. I've loved the food at these places. The hotel provides us with food service. Because we are in a hurry to go back. 

After some time, we three were sitting in our room having food. At this time, Jack asked me, "Davin, do you understand who they are? I understand nothing? No one knows about the treasure except the three of us. So why are they following us?"

"I can't tell either. I don't understand why they are following us for what purpose. I don't know why it seems like we won't be going alone to find this treasure. These people are somehow involved with the treasure. " I said.

After eating and drinking, I went out of the room and walked toward the reception area. In fact, I have come to look around a bit. I headed to the reception area and started asking various questions about the city. My primary aim was to learn the names of those people by tricking words. I asked the receptionist, "How many people come here every day to go out?"

"You can say roughly 40-50 people are coming and going every day. Our hotel has about 300 rooms, but sometimes there are no rooms for free. Sometimes so many people come that our hotel cannot accommodate." The receptionist told me. 

" Many people come here for adventure. Many have heard that there are many adventures in the dense mountain forest in Mount City. Did someone like that come today, too?” I asked him. 

"Yes, Mount City. That hill forest is very famous. There are people from far and wide to adventure in those mountain jungles. Many people have come today who will leave tomorrow like you. I think they also plan to go to Mount City. Their bags are full of camping gear and there's no better place for adventure than Mount City." 

" You may have noticed some people entered the hotel after you I was talking about." He told me. 

To be continued…. … … … 

1