Chapter 10 – Day before the adventure.
8 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Nevertheless, you are correct. There is only one person following me. It seems he was following me because they did not know our location. What is the best way for me to return to the hotel in this situation? As a result, I changed course. I began walking toward the villa. Then I noticed an alleyway that was free of crowds and followed it. I was still being followed by that guy."

" As you know, my character, that guy, started to irritate me. Some of those alleyways didn't have light. So, I use that chance to hide. As I expected, the guy suddenly runs toward the place where he saw me last. I think he wanted to find out how I could vanish suddenly. I took that chance and instantly jumped at him. Hahaha, in just one punch, that guy fell down on the ground. Until now, I was trying to get information out of his mouth. Because of this, I am late." Devin explains the reason. 

Uncle Steven and I listened with interest to his explanation. We did not make any sound while he was talking. Devin punched the guy when we heard him. The two of us just laugh. It wasn't easy to handle his punch. There's a good chance that guy could be a goner if Devin doesn't control his strength. In any case, he drank some water and explained it once again. 

Even after asking so many questions, he failed to provide any information. I punched him one more time, and he fell to the ground. I searched his pockets, and I found three pictures of us." With this in mind, Devin pulls out 3 photos of us. In these photos, someone has circled around our faces, indicating that we are targets. We are being targeted by someone. 

As soon as I knocked the guy, I left the alley and came back. It could be that they got wind that we had a treasure map with us. I didn't think of any other reason for them to find out. When we go to the forest tomorrow, we should be alert. They can follow us, and I don't want that to happen." Me and Uncle Steven nodded. It's not that we were afraid of them, but it was just that we did not want our mood ruined. 

Uncle Steven, I already ordered food from the nearest restaurant. We'll get our dinner later. After dinner, let's go to bed. We'll leave at 6 a.m. It'll be safer for us to leave early." Devin said once again. I again nodded at us. Well, I think we should leave early. 

With that said, Devin went to the bathroom. 

" Jack, I am going to the waiting area. I will wait there for our dinner." With that said, he left the room. 

I also went back to my bed and lay down. Well, my mood to read the book is gone, so I decided to just lay down. To tell you the truth, this unknown enemy really makes me worry. Who are they? Why are they targeting us? Did they know that we have the treasure map? I don't know, because the moment I got the map, I went directly to Devin's house. Not even my parents know about this, so how could they know? Now, these are some questions I am having. 

After leaving the bathroom, Devin laid down on the bed and started reading a book while I was busy thinking. This new book he brought from the bookstore some time ago. 

Then suddenly, we heard a knock on the door. I was busy thinking and Devin was busy with our work. I get up from the bed and open the door. It is uncle Steven who brought us our dinner. 

Devin also closes the book and gets up from the bed. We three sit down on the chair and then eat our food. A few minutes later, after finishing our food, uncle Steven left the room, and we both lay down on the bed. About the plate and the other stuff, uncle Steven already cleaned those. 

I saw Devin once again start reading the book, but I am feeling sleepy. So, I decided to sleep. Also, we need to wake up early, so it is best to sleep early. 

___________________________

I am now standing in the middle of the forest. Devin and uncle Steven are beside me. Currently, we are facing a dangerous situation. In front of us are the peoples from the Nimu tribe. They all pointed their weapons at us. They were saying something, but we didn't understand anything. 

"Jack, how many bullets do you have in your gun?" Devin asked me. Well, both uncle Steven and Devin's bullets were finished. 

"Only 3 bullets," I told him. 

"3 bullets, so we can only kill 3 enemies," Devin murmured. But I still heard his words.  

"Give me your gun," he told me and I threw my gun at him. Those people from the tribes were still looking at us and still pointing their weapons at us. 

In the present situation, we do not know what to do. Devin took the risk. He wanted to scare those Nimu Tribes peoples. Our attention was suddenly drawn to a gun sound at this moment. Instantly, one of the tribe's people is dead. Instantly, those people from the Nimu Tribes let out a battle cry. Then start running toward us. 

Devin wanted to fight them, but Me and Uncle Steven stopped him before he could do anything. There were many people from the tribe. I don't think Devin can do anything in this situation. What are those saying we didn't understand, but looking at their expression you can tell, they were very angry. 

We began to run from that place. But, suddenly, once again, we heard the sound of guns. 

"Ah!!!!" I heard a scream and quickly turned around to see. I saw…………..

To be continued……….

1