Chapter 12 – In the forest
7 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Now we are in the car. Our car will drop us at the outside side of the forest. We are looking at the beautiful scenery of nature. We are going through the mountain road towards the bottom of the hill because from there our jungle journey will start. So early in the morning, there is only fog around and the sunrise in it presents a wonderful scene all around. 

On one side we have mountains and on the other side it is full of fog. There we can see big pine trees and hear birds calling. The most beautiful sight in these hilly places is to see the sunrise in the morning. We can never experience such a scene while staying in the city. That's why I'm always up for such adventures. 

After a while, we arrived at the very bottom, from where our adventure would begin. We unloaded our stuff and double-checked everything. 

“So this is where our adventure finally begins,” Jack told me excitedly. You are right, this is where our adventure begins. We moved forward with our backs towards the forest. We could not see many people here because it was so early in the morning. Everyone enters the forest from here for their adventure. But our destination is more than just adventure. 

We are moving forward into the forest through many unknown trees. All around, I can see green plants and hear the calls of various animals. Our enthusiasm doubled. 

“Devin, it is unclear to me why my enthusiasm just keeps growing and growing.” Jack told me.

“Hey friend, you're in this forest for the first time, and in it, we're going searching for treasure. It's going to make anyone excited.” I told Jack. I also saw uncle Steven smiling. Well, he is also happy coming here. 

We will have to walk a long way, and always be ready for any danger in the forest. It was cold when we were coming through the mountain road, but now we feel hot in the forest. So, we are going through the forest wearing light clothes.

After three hours,

I asked everyone to stop and motioned them not to make any noise. Because I can hear an animal in the distance. I did not understand that it was the sound of an animal. Therefore, I asked everyone to be quiet to hear the sound properly. 

When I got to hear the voice properly, I finally understood what animal this is. That animal is jungle fowl, or we can say wild chicken. I couldn't imagine that I would see this wild chicken first in this forest. Then we don't have to think about lunch today. Wild chicken is good to eat. 

Jack and Uncle Steven kept quiet and stared at me. They want to see what I'm up to. I had already bought a crossbow, I took it out of my bag and loaded it with arrows. Cautiously and without making any sound, I started to move towards this wild chicken. After some time, I was surprised when I saw this wild chicken. Because I see not one but two wild chickens. I don't know how this wild chicken got here, but I do know that we had dinner today. 

I silently waited for the right moment. After a while, when I saw the two chickens coming towards me, I shot two arrows at them. In no time, both chickens died. I came to Jack and Uncle with the two chickens. 

“Uncle Steven, we don't have to stress about lunch and dinner anymore. With these two, we will be done. “I said to Uncle Steven. 

“Hahaha, well done. I was starving, now I'm twice as hungry after seeing this.” Jack told me. We've been walking since morning, so it's not just Jack, but I'm hungry too. We thought of taking a rest here. Found a good place and put down our stuff there. I asked Jack to make our tent, while I am going to find firewood. Uncle Steven got busy preparing the meat. 

After sometime later, 

I collected a lot of dried wood from the forest. Jack and Uncle Steven also finished with theirs. After something later, we can finally see the fire. 

We already brought many tools for cooking and also many ingredients. Uncle Steven begins to cook. Just some time later, uncle Steven's cooking was finally done. We wasted no time and began to eat them. Well, the chicken was delicious. 

After finishing our launch, we are now ready to once again start our journey. 

In the evening,

“Well, looks like we needed to find a place to stay at night.” Sometime later, everything will be dark, so I said to everyone. Uncle Steven and Jack. We began to search for a good place to stay. Well, in this forest there were many wild animals, so we searched for a place where we could sleep without the fear of getting attacked from the back. 

We were following a river, so after walking sometime, we saw a waterfall not far from us. Well, this river can fulfill our water source, so we searched for a place to stay near the waterfall. 

Suddenly uncle Steven called us. We went towards him, and he pointed his finger toward us. We also looked in that direction and saw a cave. Good, this cave will be our camp. We brought out the torches and advanced toward the cave. Before anything, we need to check the cave. 

The cave wasn't that big, but we three can easily stay here. After not finding any animals, we decided to stay here. Jack and I came outside the cave to collect wood. 

We can see the sun going down, and It's getting dark everywhere. We hastily collected many cuts and headed back to the cave. At night, the forest becomes very scary. When we were very close to the cave, suddenly we heard the call of some wolves. 

“It looks like they were getting ready to hunt at night. Well, let go.” I said to Jack. A few minutes later, we came back to the cave. 

To be continued… … … … … 

0