Chapter 7 – Onix Vs Pikachu
7 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Pewter Gym

Ash and Pikachu were facing their first challenge in their journey.

Brock looked at Ash "So Ash are you ready."

Ash nodded.

"After you"

Ash "Pikachu Quick Attack."

Pikachu turned into a flash.

"Into the ground, Onix"

Onix dug into the soil and disappeared.

"Oh no, you don't hit the ground and force him up."

Brock smiled "Counter it with Earthquake"

As Pikachu's iron tail hit the ground a massive force hit him and blasted him back.

"Pikaa!!!"

"No Pikachu Are you alright?"

after the dust settled two pokemon were still facing each other Pikachu was injured, and panting.

"Pikachu"

Pikachu looked at Ash and smiled which assured him and then he looked at Brock with a frown.

Brock met his gaze and spoke "Don't expect similar tactics to work every time, now let's continue Onix Bulldoze"

"Roar"

Onix rushed toward Pikachu like a mad bull.

"Pikachu use Quick Attack to dodge."

"Pika"

Pikachu turned into a flash and jumped on the surrounding rocks to avoid Onix.

"Now Rock Throw."

Rocks formed around Onix and shot toward Pikachu.

"Dodge those you can and hit the rest back."

Pikachu started to Dodge the rocks and hit ones he could not.

Ash 'Is this it,  No there must be a way.' he observed the battlefield and found a pipeline attached to the ceiling. "That's it. Pikachu Hit the pipeline above you with Thunderbolt."

"Pikachuuuu"

Pikachu had trust in Ash and launched a thunderbolt towards the pipeline.

Brock and Misty smiled.

As a beginner gym, it was not made to test a Trainers's strength but to test its trust with Pokemon and awareness.

the water pipeline burst and water started to sprinkle out of it making the Rocky field wet.

Ash "Pikachu, Now full Powered Thunderbolt"

"Pikachuuuu"

Water vapor rose after lighting flowed through the field covering everything.

Brock knew the battle was over even if Onix didn't lose as it was only a matter of time. So he surrendered.

"I accept Defeat."

The judge saw the situation and was about to speak. A few Kids who had an appearance similar to Brock rushed in and started to clamor.

"Big Brother Onix can still Fight."

"Why are you backing off."

"He just used a loophole."

Brock was calm as he was used to it as he was going to explain he heard a cracking sound, and his face turned into horror and he ordered.

"Onix Rock Tomb."

Onix was more sensitive to rocks near him and knew what to do.

soon huge rocks formed around the field covering everyone.

Before the rest could question a loud crash came from outside which explained that, and even made them feel fear.

................................

after a minute the voice stopped and Onix cleared the path for everyone.

Brock looked at the Gym and sighed.

"Ash Take the boulder badge this is the proof of passing Pewter Gym."

Brock gave the badge to Ash and started to work with Onix to repair the Gym.

Ash looked at the Badge in his hand but didn't respond as he saw the strength of Onix at the last moment and he knew he was nowhere near that level.

"Pika pi" Pikachu rubbed his cheeks to which Ash scratch him "Chaaa" and sighed

He took the badge and left silently.

Misty looked at his back. 'You need this setback to grow up Ash Ketchum.'

.......................................

At night

The Rock seller entered the Gym and saw Brock waiting for him.

He looked at him for a sec and spoke "You grew up Brock."

Brock looked at his father who he saw after a long time, but he was calm as he had passed the rebellious phase and knew that for his family and even for people he didn't even know he had to go to the border.

"Yes, Dad how is Grandpa."

Flint smiled "Same old trying to reach S tier." but then he looked at Brock and sighed.

"You are the one who could reach S tier and above in our family but because of me you needed to suffer I am sorry for that."

"I know Dad but I chose this responsibility myself."

Flint smiled "Okay now you are free from the gym, but the Kid you battled is the person you need to protect from now."

Brock nodded "Who is he."

"Ash Ketchum, Son of Red."

"That explains why his Pikachu learned iron tail."

"You know what to do."

........................................

The next day

In the Pokemon center after healing the Pokemon

Ash and Misty were having breakfast, Brock joined in.

Brock spoke "Hey Ash, do you mind if I were to join your party"

Ash was confused "Party??"

Brock "Means travel with you"

Misty laughed " Ash, trainers traveling together are called a party."

"Okay, Huh What you are joining us."

Brock "Yes"

Ash's eyes shined "Cool"

Brock smiled and spoke "Give your Pokedex"

Ash gave him his Pokedex.

Brock pushed some buttons.

"Trainer Ash Ketchum D – Rank

Pokemon

Pikachu starter Rank – D+

Pidgeotto  – D+

......….."

Brock looked at Pidgeotto's Data

Brock sighed "Ash there is one problem."

Ash frowned "what?"

"Your Pidgeotto evolved too early."

Even if Ash was silly he knew the severity of this situation and spoke in a low voice.

"Is there any way to lessen the damages?"

"Yes, you must stop her from evolving to Pidgeot before she reaches B rank."

"Hmm"

After that, they started to have a normal conversation and Ash was again happy to learn that Brock was a breeder and good at cooking.

................................

As they were having their food.

their Pokedex rang.

"D+ rank Mission. Team Rocket Has been found in the vicinity of Mt Moon. Least requirement D rank trainer with a gym badge. Highest strength of enemy estimated D+ rank."

Then On everyone's Pokedex appeared to Accept or Decline.

Ash Misty and Brock looked at Each other and then Clicked on Accept.

And then the last location where the team rocket was seen through satellite was shown.

.............

After Preparing some Potions and medicines and food they started to walk towards Mt Moon It will be a Day's Trip and It was Afternoon and they would need to camp at night.

.....................

After a few hours of walking, they saw Mt Moon towering through the sky.

Then suddenly Pidgeotto Flew down and said chirped. Pikachu got angry and pulled Ash's Collar and Pointed in a direction at some distance away from them.

"huh what you want us to go there "

"Pi"

"Okay" then they rand towards the direction and saw some goons wearing Team Rocket uniforms torturing a Bulbasaur.

Everyone got angry and Ash spoke "Pikachu Go distract them and Pidgeotto Save that Bulbasaur"

"Pi " "Geottto"

Pikachu went towards them with a quick attack and hit a goon in his stomach and ran.

Rocket goon 1 "Oh a nasty Pikachu After him"

Then all four of them ran after Pikachu and Pidgeotto dived and Picked the Injured Bulbasaur and went towards Ash.

......... 

Pidgeotto "Hey Bulbasaur are you fine"

"Yes and thank you"

"Don't thank me thank my trainer he has come here to catch those goons"

Bulbasaur thought for a while and asked "How do your trainer treat you"

"Huh he is a good person he saved me from Spearow's when I was just a Pidgey and trained me into what I am now and I evolved in just six days with him and please don't look down on him due to his age and he is caring too"

Bulbasaur's eyes glowed but then he sighed he wanted a trainer like that, not anyone who just uses money and doesn't do any training. He thought about how his silly trainers got caught.

............…..

Ash saw Pidgeotto and ran while speaking "Brock there are Team Rocket Goons ahead"

Brock nodded and released Onix and said "Go underground and catch those goons"

Onix went into action.

While this Ash helped Bulbasaur to come down and check his injuries and saw him bleeding and anger could be seen in his eyes but he calmed down and spoke "Go and help Pikachu"

"Pidgeee"

He then rummaged through his bag and treated Bulbasaur's wounds with Misty and gave him some food.

............

Pikachu felt that the ground was vibrating and smirked as he knew that Onix was down as he knew the familiar vibrations and he stopped.

The goons smiled and one spoke, "Finally tired now let .aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa"

They fell into a Pit and before they could react a thunderbolt hit them and Pikachu was lifted into the sky by Pidgeotto. Pikachu looked down and smiled.

One goon was conscious and spoke "Wait and I will show you the hell"

Pikachu shook his head and the goon felt something was a miss and then he was squeezed with three of his friends and fainted as he was squzeed by Onix

............…

Ash and friends tied the goons and Brock sent a message to the league.

Ash then looked at Bulbasaur and spoke "Do you have a Trainer"

Bulbasaur nodded and pointed toward the cave ahead.

They looked at the dragging marks and knew what was going on.

0