Chapter 3: Rumors
7 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

February 9th, 2060

The test trial conducted with the ETA of agony has driven the people inside the facility to become either one of two things, those being very excited, or more fearful regarding the use and development of ETs.  The more hopeful group of researchers, energized by their curiosity and excitement make the majority of my colleagues, while the fearful group are small in number.

Personally, I find myself more aligned with the majority of my team, but I do empathize with the people who are becoming more afraid of what ETs could do.  Seeing as the first test was with a firearm, it wasn't too good of a first impression for budding researchers in this new field.  Coincidentally, I happened to hear a recent rumor going around the facility about an upcoming experiment using a newly procured ETA from the same branch of negative emotion, or as they call it, NE.

The details I heard of were vague at best,  so I still have doubts of whether or not this rumor is true.  I believe that it most likely is, as the ETA we used for the previous tests were of the NE branch as well.  The only question that remains is what exactly is the attribute we'll be experimenting with.  I could come up with enough predictions to have at least one be right, but I don't want to bother wasting my energy doing that.

It is a little boring  in here though.  There is nothing else to do in this place after doing our job and fulfilling our duties.  They do have a leisure center inside the facility, but most of it is a sports center with a basketball court, a soccer field with artificial grass, and even a small pool for swimming and other water activities.

Maybe I should try them out, even if it's just to relieve my boredom.

February 20th, 2060

The briefing for the experiment has just been given today.  Apparently, our suppliers were able to procure an ETA of fear in the form of an antique.  They told all of us in the room that, in the event where we are assigned to experiment with it, to be careful in its handling the object as it is higher in purity than items artificially injected with ETAs.

The informant's speech caused a stir in the room.  not one of panic, but of excitement and anticipation as the team assigned to it will be given the opportunity of seeing firsthand an object with a pure form of ETA, something different, something much more powerful and potent than the ones the research team have seen so far.  Undeniably, I, myself, got a bit excited to see what a higher purity ETA would look like and what it would do.

To be honest, I find it a bit fitting.  Some people here look at ETAs as something dreadful, something that shouldn't be revealed to the public eye in fear of what might happen if a bad person gets their hands on this technology, and the next thing they'll be experimenting with is fear!  Now that's a trick of fate if I've ever seen one.  I do understand their concerns if someone evil uses this technology for their own benefit, but I don't get how they've completely ruled out the most likely people to use ET,  The people we're working for!

We've got not control over their actions and they can get rid of us whenever they want without any consequences, so its best just to continue doing our jobs and fulfilling our duties.

Still, I wonder what form this "high purity ETA object" will take?  I can guess as many times as I want, but I'll only get the answer when the time comes.  I guess I'll just wait until then.

-end

0