Ch.9 Born Different!
148 3 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Today i was on my way to market, its been three month since i entered academy, beside physical class and occasionally chat with minato all i do is sleeping.

Its almost new years in Konoha and snow began to fall, the weather is really cold today, iam wearing thick clothes and a scarf mom made for me, while slowly walking in the market street.

After planing to build business empire, i began to think which invention i will create to kick start my domination!, there is a lot of invention in my past life that not yet available in this era!

But after realize that i don’t have proper knowledge, and remembering that my past self is just mediocre shut-in, i get depressed and quickly give up this though.

Instead, i play every great businessman move!, which is Invest!, luckily i was born in wealthy family, so If i can’t invent shit!, i can always “Help” the inventor!.

Every Sunday morning, i will go to the village market, and see what merchant bring from all over country of fire.

I clearly remember when Naruto plot is started, there is a lot of technological Improvement compare to this era, one of them is existence of computer!.

Electricity is already exist,  but the electronic device is lacking, so the electricity is mostly use in wealthy household or in hospital to power light bulb.

Arrived at the market i begin to search some interesting product, unfortunately i don’t find anything yet, and due to cold weather number of merchant coming to Konoha is decreasing.

So i give up and plan to return home, until i saw guy with thin clothes jogging in street, this man is none other than Maito Dai!.

‘As expected, he’s still training despite the cold, should i greet him?’

I decided to follow him, and start jogging as well, when i arrived around the park, i decide to go beside him, my sudden appearance startled him.

”Whoa! you scare me young man!Hum....what are you doing here?”

“Me? Well Iam training!”

“Training!......you’re training despite this cold weather!?”

“Gehh!.....look who’s talking!,how can you sweating despite this cold weather!?”

“Oh! Me?, i getting used to it!”,He raised his thumb and answer with big smile.

“Hehe,well i also getting used to it!, I train since iam baby!”

“Naniii! that amazing!, you look like academy student yet you’re already this diligent! Ohhh youth!”

He clench his fist and start to shout, seeing this iconic pose i smile and begin to introduce myself.

“Not look like, iam academy student, my name is Nawaki, what your name uncle?”

“Oh! me? Iam Maito Dai, and yes the same guy who people used to call eternal genin!”, He smile proudly despite mention that nickname which made me speechless.

“Dai-san right, can we train together?”

“Huh? Kid....don’t you know my nickname? Its awful but its true you know...Iam just a trash shinobi who can only use taijutsu, why would you train with me?”

“Well i don’t care about that, what i know is strong recognize stronger!”, I smiled and give him thumbs up.

“Stro......um...i don’t understand,But! If you want to train!, of course we can train together!”

“Yes!, please give your advice dai-san!”

“Oh! same here nawaki-kun!”

So we began running around the village, terrorizing people with our loud shout, unfortunately the guards yuko, see me when she’s come to market and report this to my mom.

I was grounded again, but that thing did’t stop me for training with Dai-san, every Sunday i will go to market to search for interesting product, and searching for Dai-san after that.

I also convince Dai-san to be my sparring partner by showing him some strength, in this few month we train together we already become close friend!.

Dai-san also open up about his condition right now, Despite he already become Genin for long time, he never promoted and can only take D-rank mission, which the reward is not enough for him and his wife.

This is why i always bring extra bento for him, at first he refuse to take it, but after i persuade him he will reluctantly accept it, said that he will repay it one day.

“Hey hey!, I said you don't have to do this dramatic cry everytime!”

“But...kuh...this bento is really delicious!, i never eat something like this before!”

“Well, of course it was! this cooking by my Mom afterall!”,He nod vigorously, his tear is like waterfall! and almost spill into bento box.

In spring i continue my routine, and on Sunday morning when i come to market, i finally found something i been looking for!, i approach the peddler and ask about his product.

“Ossan, is this one for sale?”

“Huh? Kid everything here is for sell, but this is not a toy you know?”

“I know!, did you make this box?”

“Um no this is my friend creation, he chattering boxes, because it can send voice from small distance, he told me to bring it here and see if something interesting in it”

“what a lame name!, so where is you friend now, what his name?”

“Huh, you really curious kid.....His name is Kenjiro he work as mechanic in capital’s power plant”

“Hum.....no wonder, so how much for this boxes ossan?”

“Hey hey kid, i told you this is not some kinda toy!”

“I said I know!, just said the price allready!”

“Kugh!, what a hard headed brat!, you can’t afford it anyway!, this cost 50k ryo!”

“I will buy it!”

I take out small scroll contain my saving and unlock it, the peddler eyes widen when he see amount of money i take out.

“This!...Kid, are you....young master from great clan!?”

“Hum?..yeah, you can say that,....iam Senju Nawaki, here is the money, give me my radio please!”

“Senju!....no wonder, but Nawaki-sama right?, did you really want this boxes, this is many of his weird invention you know?”

“What!, did he invent something else!?”, I grab his collar and ask him in hurry.

“Ekkk!, yes, he almost spend all his earning to invent something like this.....can you let go of me please?”

“Ah!...sorry, hey if you meet him, please mention my name and told him to come to Konoha”

“Um? I don’t know what you planing Nawaki-sama, but Kenjiro is Hard headed guy, beside doing his daily job, and his weird experiment, he will rarely go out”

“every genius mind like that ossan, well just mention that i can help him to mass produce his electromagnetic transmitter”

“Elec...? what?”

“Ugh!...Just give me some paper and pen!, i will write the latter for him! and here is the fee”

I write the latter and give the peddler some fee to deliver it, after that i take this Huge box and bring it back to my house.

‘hehe, i think i found the gem today, i hope he can come here, let’s show this to shanks first!’

Iam running to clan hall, and kick the door on shanks office, make him startled and drop a brush to the scroll.

“Ah! Nooo! my poem!..........Damn brat! What are you doing!”

“hehe sorry, hey dad check this out!, i buy it on market!”,I took out the boxes and place it on shanks desk.

“Huh? what this two boxes?, did you buy some weird thing again?”

“hehe, let me demonstrate it!”

I take out the wire from the boxes and plug it to socket, the box start to make static noise, shanks is startle and step back from his desk.

“Brat! What is this thing?,its not gonna explode right!,there are so many important document here you know!”

“Relax, this is how its work!”

I hold the button and began my speech, my voice then transmitted to the other box with static voice,“Test..pzz...alpha..here....report...your...status...over!...”

“Its Talking!”

“ugh! Its not talking!, this thing transmitted my voice using radio wave”

“Radio wave?hmm...... where do you get this toys?”,he ponder for a while and ask with serious expression.

“Hehe i buy it from peddler come from hospital”

“Hm...another new thing comes from there huh?, did you ask who made this?”

“Of course he’s just small engineer in capital power plan....you understand what i mean right?”

He grew silent and suddenly laugh which startled me.

“Hahaha.......look like i have succesor!, good,contact him and bring him here”

“Huh!?.....oh.....i mean I got it!”

He wrote in scroll and stamp it with our family crest, i take the scroll and quickly run back to market and found the peddler.

“Huh! Nawaki-sama, why you come back? Don’t tell me...that stupid Boxes is not working.....”

He kinda anxious and probably think, i will sue him or something.

“No, its work perfectly!, i just need to replace the message, here take it to Kojiro this is official latter from my father!”, He’s shock and take out the scroll carefully, i also double the fee to make sure he delivered it.

‘I always think he’s just some random generated madao, to think he will have this talent, look like i was wrong about him...’

On my way back i was thinking about shanks, at first i think he just some pampered young master that inherit his wealth from his predecessor.

But five years in this world i noticed that, our family business is still not bankrupt yet, and even improved.

This can be seen from amount of income we have, my mom even distribute some of it to the orphanage, and eldery across the village every years.

And unlike other clan we don’t have shinobi in our clan, that can generate income from mission.

Tsuna alone is more like black hole, that suck huge amount of money, for his medical research and gambling habit.

He can also influence the small to medium size clan, to send us some of their trusted shinobi as guards.

Arrived back ,  found him in front of the pond, he look at me and tilted his head.

“Huh? why you smiling like that?....don’t tell me!!, you plan to throw something to my koi again!?”

“Ugh! relax, i don’t care about your ugly koi anyway, i already deliver the scroll!”

“Ohh..that thing, looks like you indeed inherit my gene hahaha!, wait!..what do you mean by ugly koi, you brat!”

He’s angry, so we begin to throw punch at each other and start our usual quarrel, until mom come out and glared at us.

‘a failure of senju clan huh?......more like another hands, from the clan with a thousand skill!!’

10