Chapter 7. Who’s There?
5.4k 3 134
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Seven Sins System Chapter 7. Who's There?

They walked closer to us and Carl spontaneously hid behind me out of fear.

Seeing him scared, Ava stood up from her seat and folded her arms in front of her chest. Arrogantly, she raised her chin a bit and looked at the two of us in disdain.

"Carl, why did you bring this hobo here?" she scoffed. Her sexy curves and styled shoulder-length black hair complemented her beauty. A thin makeup with red lipstick on her lips made her look even more attractive.

"Oh, C'mon. I know I don't wear proper clothes. But I'm not a hobo," I complained with a frown. Seriously, did humans judge everything by their clothes? Would they bow to a beggar in an expensive suit? This was even worse than the shadow realm which judged everything by power.

'Wait a second…' I just got kicked out of my home and went astray in the mortal world. So… She was right.

"Shut up, retard!" Ava snapped.

Her boyfriend, Jericko, stood up from his seat and hugged Ava's waist.

"Looks like your ex has lost his mind." His chuckle sounded between his words. Since he was only wearing his boxers, I could see his muscular body covered in tattoos.

I sighed.

"Carl, stay where you are." I decided to clean them up quickly.

'Shadow Barrier!'

[A barrier has been created]

Once a transparent dome covered Carl's body, my hand quickly snatched one of their guns and almost pulled the trigger to kill the owner.

But then, I remembered I couldn't kill mortals.

"Tch!" I shifted the gun to shoot his foot.

[You have shot a human for 11 HP.]

He fell.

Swiftly, the other pulled their trigger, but I simply ducked down to dodge. As a result, they shot each other by accident.

I stood up and kicked the guns away so Carl could execute them easily. Then I snapped my fingers to cancel my barrier.

"Finish them," I said as I threw my gun at Carl. It had a silencer while he didn't. My eyes fell on Ava and her boyfriend who looked at us in shock since I was able to clean up their subordinates in a few seconds.

Following my orders, Carl shot them one by one with trembling hands.

I stepped towards Ava. While Jericko immediately pointed his gun at me.

"Are you a hitman? Did Carl hire you?" His panic was clear in his tone.

"Well, you could say that," I said lightly. I did this to fulfill my dad's contract so it was kinda similar.

As we were talking, Ava grabbed her phone from the table. I bet she wanted to do the same thing as the last time, record us and blame everything on Carl.

With my two remaining pebbles, I flicked my fingers, hitting their wrists with them.

[You have hit a human for 11 HP.]

[You have hit a human for 15 HP.]

Her phone fell. A groan of pain came out of her mouth.

Likewise, her boyfriend, his gun fell before he could press the trigger.

"Opsss..." I said with an innocent grin.

Cornered, he tried to run away, leaving Ava behind. Since all my pebbles were gone and the gun was too far, I grabbed a nearby glass ashtray and threw it at him.

[You have hit a human for 75 HP.]

Jericko collapsed with a severe wound on his head.

"Shiet..." I muttered in regret.

He was bleeding a lot and his HP only 5 points left.

"Carl, quick shoot him," I said in a panic. Holding myself back from killing humans was harder than killing them.

Unlike mere demons, the agreement between light and shadow bound royal demons like me and my father tightly. Once we killed mortals, the agreement would be broken, the light realm would get an announcement about this, and the war would occur. So what I could do was use a 3rd party to finish the job for me.

"O-Okay." As I ordered, Carl shot him before his HP turned zero.

I turned to Ava who was sitting limply on the floor. Her arrogance was replaced with clear fear.

"Now it's your turn," I said with a smirk. I trod closer to her like a hunter approaching his prey.

Ava crawled backward and shook her head from side to side in fear until her back hit the wall.

I stopped in front of her.

"Let's start with a simple interrogation," I smirked.

But before I started it, Carl stole my first question.

"Where's Conny?" he asked without further ado. Conny is his son's name. Rather than fear, clear panic was evident on his face.

"B-Basement..." Ava answered in a stammering voice.

He gasped in shock.

"Basement?! He's afraid of the dark. Why did you do that?!" he shouted in anger.

Without waiting for Ava's answer, he went to the basement in a hurry.

"Well, that was easy," I said in disappointment. Previously, I thought I should do a rough interrogation to get the information.

"S-Sir, I think you misunderstand here. I'm not a bad guy, I'm just a victim. I'm innocent. Please let me go," she begged. Her tears were at the corners of her eyes.

Even though it was a normal thing, claiming she was a good person to a demon like me, almost made me laugh.

"You should say it to Carl, not me. I don't give a fuck with good or bad," I said in a casual tone.

Well, demons didn't always do evil. We were the same as mortals who could do good things. It was just... our instinct was wilder and our good or bad standards were different. Not to mention we had different rules than mortals.

"How much did Carl pay you? Just tell me. I'll pay you double," she tried to bargain.

"Really?" My smile widened.

"Yes. Just tell me what you want," she assured. A smile also started to appear on her lips since she considered this her chance to live.

"Then... How about your soul?" My smile turned into an evil smirk.

Those words made her smile disappear.

"W-What?" she said in a stammering voice, hoping she heard me wrong.

"We have never met before. Why do you want my life?" she continued.

"Your. Soul," I repeated in an emphatic tone.

"Life and soul are different things."

That scared her even more.

"W-What are you?" she said in a stammering voice.

"Give me your best guess."

In a panic, she tried to take her phone again but I simply stomped it, smashed it into pieces.

"Please don't play a nasty trick on me," I threatened.

134