Chapter 20. Deja Vu
3.8k 2 113
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Seven Sins System Chapter 20. Deja Vu

"What's the matter? Are you chicken out?" Theo's voice brought my thoughts back. His arrogant grin in front of me.

"We have to go now..." I muttered. My pupils moved from side to side. At the same time, my tentacles' pupils also moved, trying to estimate how many monsters there were and their level.

There were more than 100 of them and their level was about 40 to 60. So I was sure the students wouldn't stand a chance against them.

If it was just me and Theo, I would pretend nothing happened and leave him at the last moment with my Teleportation skill. If necessary, I would use my Devil's Blessing on those monsters so they could tear him apart easily. But I didn't want the others to pay for his mistakes.

He laughed loudly since he thought I was afraid of him. While Julia tried to get Theo's hand off me.

"Let him go!" she snapped. But Theo was a high-level paladin, so it was in vain.

"Theo, this is a violation!" another mentor reminded him.

But he didn't care and kept mocking me.

"I don't get it. Why is everyone talking about you? You have nothing special and your skill is only slightly better than the others," he scoffed.

"So... you envy me," I muttered.

"There's no way---" But before he could finish his words, I gripped his wrist, hard. Hard enough to make him grimace in pain and make a cracking sound.

[You have hit a lizardman for 46 HP.]

I raised my head and smirked.

"It's okay. You should envy me..." I said before I took my hand away from him roughly.

He gritted his teeth, enduring the pain in response.

"Does it hurt? Do you need me to heal you?" I asked.

As expected, he was too cocky to admit it.

"Very funny. I was the one who let you go in purpose." That meant I didn't commit any offenses. Despite his arrogant tone, I caught the confusion in his eyes.

Ignoring Theo, I turned to the others.

"We have to evacuate now! Something is coming from the forest!"

The others looked at me in confusion.

"How do you know it?" asked one of the mentors.

Since the monsters were still out of their sight and the radar hadn't caught their presence yet, I had to look for another way to tell them.

I pointed at the ground.

"Ground vibration. Can't you feel it?" I caught several huge monsters moving here so it should create a vibration on the ground.

All of them fell silent, trying to feel the vibration for a while before finally realizing it.

"He's right. Something's coming from the forest," a mentor said.

"We have to move now!" another mentor said. His hand gestured at the other to retreat. Even though all mentors' level was quite high, the students were still rookies and we were responsible for their safety.

Without wasting time, everyone moved to get out of that camp.

Julia immediately pressed her communication device.

"Mission has been completed. We caught a huge movement from the forest. Request to change pick up location." The academy was supposed to pick us up at this camp.

A male voice answered it.

"Bzzzt! Tell me your location."

"We're moving out and following the vehicles' tracks as far as possible," she replied.

"Request accepted. We'll be moving there soon."

We moved quickly to get out of there. Some mentors were in the front, including Theo. They would be in charge to protect the students from strong monsters and open the path. The others were in the back, including me.

Although we moved as fast as we could, I was not sure we would be able to get out of here in time.

My two tentacles that took the shape of small birds perched on my shoulder. Some students smiled at that cute moment. While I was looking for an opportunity so they could merge back with me.

A loud bang far behind us made our steps stop and we turned in the direction the voice came from. Our eyes could see some monsters coming out of the forest one by one and charging toward us furiously. As if we had made a big mistake.

"Move!" I muttered before I looked forward.

"Faster!" I ordered. I also detected some monsters moving on the ground.

Instead of walking, we started running. In the worst case, I would use my tentacles to create some huge monsters so they could escape.

Seconds passed and the horde drew near. The mentors were prepared for the worst, facing the monsters so the students could escape. Luckily, the roar of the car engine signaled our vehicles had arrived.

As the vehicles stopped, all the students got on one by one and so did I. Some vehicles immediately left after all their teams got in.

I was just about to fasten my seat belt when I realized a monster was under Fiona who almost got into her vehicle.

"Look out!" I shouted. She was out of my skill range so I couldn't use my Shadow Barrier. At the same time, a pair of huge pincers burst from the ground. It was similar to the beetle's, except that it was much hideous with the spikes around it.

Reflexively, Julia, her mentor, pushed her. So rather than Fiona, that monster managed to get Julia.

She screamed in pain as the pincers pierced her body. Neither of us batted an eye. Her blood splashed and soaked the ground. I could see her HP points reduced by half.

*Ba-thump*

My heart suddenly pounded upon that sight. I felt deja vu with this scene, but I couldn't remember it.

It was weird since I was used to seeing blood and corpses. I had slaughtered many mortals before, but now... My heart ached in extraordinary pain that I couldn't describe in words, as if someone had just ripped it.

'Your Highness...' A woman's voice echoed inside my head. That voice sounded both familiar and foreign at the same time. But I knew it wasn't Julia's voice, nor was it Ivy's.

'Who?' I thought. There was a sadness and melancholy feeling in my heart, something I had never felt before. But I didn't know why.

Before I could remember anything, in a split second, the monster carried her deep into the ground, leaving a huge hole.

113