Chapter 28. Escape From The Whispering Forest
3.5k 1 102
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Seven Sins System Chapter 28. Escape From The Whispering Forest

Almost two hours had passed since my last report and I was sure the academy would not standstill. Due to the previous attack and the dangerous terrain, I predicted they would send drones to look for us.

Although I could use my Teleportation to get out of the forest and become the hero of the day, Julia and I decided to pretend. We wanted to show that we didn't go through all this easily and avoid the academy's suspicions.

After using my Teleportation skill to approach 2 kilometers from the exit, we turned our communication device on.

A male voice immediately called us.

"Dr. Allen, do you copy?"

"Yeah, I can hear you," I said in a panting breath.

"Report your status!"

"I have got Julia. We are safe and sound. I will send our location to you. Please guide us," I said.

Another male voice accompanied by a ruckus answered me.

"Krrk--- krkkk... Julia! Julia! Can you hear me?"

"Mr. Theo, please sit down!" another male voice came from it.

"Shut up! Julia, speak to me! Are you okay?" said Theo again. From his voice I guessed Theo snatched the communication device from the operator and refused to return it.

I turned to Julia. She gave me a sour expression in response. Reluctantly, she pressed her communication device and answered.

"I'm fine. Don't worry. Dr. Allen has healed my wound."

"Please wait for me, Julia! I will pick you up! I will save you!" He sounded like the hero who would save the princess from an evil dark lord in a cliche fairytale, totally ignoring what Julia said.

Oh, wait... That was kinda right. I was indeed some kind of an evil dark lord. The difference was, that I was the one who safe her, made the princess fall in love with me, and fucked her. So yeah, he was wayyy too late.

Julia cringed so hard at his 'late heroic intentions'. While I looked the other way and covered my mouth to suppress my laughter. I thought all these heroic things had expired but it seemed that some people still like to play like heroes.

"I'm perfectly fine. I have Dr. Allen with me. Just stay at the academy, Theo," she said. I bet she could already imagine what would happen if he came.

"Yes, I know he's with you. That's why I have to pick you up!" he answered eagerly.

I couldn't hold my laughter upon it and decided to let my voice out.

"That's enough, Theo!" A woman's voice came from the device. From her elegant and firm voice, I bet it was Katrina.

"We've got your location. The chairwoman is thinking about sending you a helicopter. Is there an open field near you?" the operators asked.

"We only saw trees," I replied.

"Can you see the sun?"

"Yes."

"Follow the sun. It will lead you to the exit. We will send vehicles to pick you up. Please avoid any monsters along the way as best as you can," he instructed.

"Roger that!" I said before I hang up.

"So... What are we going to do?" asked Julia. They would need some time before they got here.

"Evening walk, of course," I said simply.

Again, two tentacles popped out of my back and turned into a worm monster that quickly snuck into the ground. They would be my bodyguards for this boring walk. If other monsters came near us, my tentacles would grab and eat them. Just like what the Antlion did to Julia.

"Sounds boring," she said.

"Indeed. But we have no choice," I shrugged and started walking. Rather than in the forest, we acted as if we were taking a walk in the park.

"So what do you want for dinner?" she asked, walking leisurely by my side even though some monsters had noticed our presence.

"Anything is fine as long as it's edible," I said casually.

-----

The sun almost set when we arrived at the forest exit. We ran quickly through the bushes and trees, trying to escape from a 5 meters weasel monster behind us. Above us, a drone followed us. That was why we put up on this act.

"Julia, another one at 1 o'clock. We have to engage them now or they will follow us to the vehicle," I shouted.

She clicked her tongue in annoyance.

"Tch! I will take care of the one on the back first! Support me!"

I used my Devil's Blessing skill.

Swiftly, Julia leaped onto the trunk of a large tree beside us, making it a foothold before she jumped again and slashed her whip at the monster behind us.

While I gritted my teeth and used my barrier to hold back the monster that came from in front of us.

- Brak!

The monster crashed into my barrier and tried to break through. But my barrier held it.

"Move!" she ordered as soon as she finished killing the monster behind us.

Like a good team, I ducked down, letting her whip pass over my head to kill the monster. At the same time, I snapped my fingers to cancel my barrier. The transparent barrier in front of me shattered into pieces. Then her whip slashed the monster's eyes.

The monster screamed in pain. But he wasn't dead yet, so I took out my emergency dagger on the side of my boot and stabbed him right in the chest.

Blood spurted from the wound. He struggled and groaned in pain for a few seconds before he finally fell and didn't move anymore.

Even though killing monsters with a dagger like this was kinda lame for me, I had no other choice but to do it. They would suspect me if they found out I was not using my dagger at all. I was the only one who helped Julia and I didn't have any other weapon besides that dagger. It was impossible if I didn't use it at all. At least with this, I could cover the blade with blood.

"C'mon!" said Julia. Again, we moved through the forest.

102