Chapter 48. Lonely Devil
2.5k 2 93
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Seven Sins System Chapter 48. Lonely Devil

'Missing something in my life?' I repeated internally. My eyes fell on the painting once more and tried to find what I had been missing from my life or the war.

What I remembered was, I almost lost my sanity since the power of Wrath almost consumed me. But I could maintain my consciousness and restore it on my own.

Last night's dream crossed my head. But it occurred in the shadow realm, not the mortal realm.

'This must be just a mistake. Maybe Katrina took the meaning of the painting too far. While Red just wanted to make a painting of me,' I thought.

My intense observation made her curious.

"You seem very interested in that painting, Dr. Allen," she asked.

I turned to her and smiled sweetly.

"Of course. He looks like me and he is a devil. So--- It's a bit disturbing. I mean, who knows if you think I'm that devil," I reasoned.

Her smile bloomed on her lips.

"I also thought of it in the beginning. That's why I did a thorough examination when you entered this academy. Who knew you were the devil in disguise." Even though she said it in a calm tone, I could tell she was serious.

'She had suspected me from the start? Great!' But luckily with my fake status skill, I could cover it. Except if she tasted my blood, of course.

So unless she gave her loyalty to me, I couldn't give my blood. Especially since I knew the angels put their spy among the mortals. Yeah, even though they denied it, they couldn't possibly get the evidence out of nowhere.

But since the demons were the bad guys, they felt entitled to send their secret agent to protect humanity. While we, demons, had to stay in our realm like a good boy.

I let out a fake nervous chuckle.

"To be honest. After what I've done and my profession, I'm a little offended by that. He killed people, I saved them. Yet you thought we were the same," I complained.

She shrugged nonchalantly.

"Who knows?"

I answered with a long exhale and rolled my eyes to the side. I wondered if my fake skill couldn't cover my devilish charm. Or did I have the 'I'm the devil' sign on my forehead?

"Is there anything else you want to talk about? I need to go back to the infirmary now." I didn't want to stay here too long and wait for her to blow my cover.

"Wait a second." She took my report and scanned it for a while before she closed it and put it by her side.

"Thank you for your report, Dr. Allen. I'll call you back if I have any other questions."

"Okay. I will excuse myself."

I just stood up from my chair and was about to leave, but she spoke again.

"Oh, one more thing."

I turned to her.

"I heard you had a duel this afternoon," she said.

"Oh, did Theo ask your permission?" I made sure.

"Yes. And I have given my approval. He has announced it to the entire academy and asked for my permission to use the main battle arena. I will spare my time to watch it and see how a doctor can fight a paladin," she explained.

'Tch! That attention whore!' I grumbled internally. I thought we would fight on the training ground.

Clourmity's main battle arena was more than enough to accommodate all the students and teachers in this place. With that much audience, I could only depend on my healer skills.

'That paladin bastard wants to destroy me doesn't he?' I nodded repeatedly and forced a smile. "Thank you. This is an honor," I said politely before I left.

As soon as I turned around, my smile turned into an evil smirk.

'Since you want to play with the devil. I will make you regret it.'

I returned to the infirmary to eat my lunch before I went to the battle arena. Since Katrina said it would be a big game, I was not sure it would be over anytime soon. So I decided to fill my stomach.

When I arrived in front of the infirmary, Julia was already waiting for me.

"Are you going to duel against Theo?" she asked without further ado.

"Yea," I said simply. My hand opened the door, asking her to come in with me. It was more private than talking in the middle of a corridor like this.

"Are you going to kill him?" she asked again after I closed the door.

"I can't kill mortals. The agreement between the light and shadow forbids me." I plopped on my chair nonchalantly and opened my lunch box.

"But I can cripple him or kill him via the third party," I said with an evil smirk.

She couldn't cover her surprise at my statement.

"Want some?" I offered her my food. Well, that was her cooking.

"I already ate my lunch," she replied.

"That's so fast." I started to put the food in my mouth. It was slices of marinated chicken with a bunch of colorful vegetables.

"Um... You are really going to kill him?" she hesitated.

I laughed at her expression. Well, she was a human. So killing each other was not an easy thing for her.

"Relax. It's an open match. I wouldn't go that far," I insisted.

She looked calmer after hearing my words.

"But I didn't know about the cripple part. Some people need a harsh lesson to understand something," I added.

Katrina and many students would be there. I should have avoided that, but who knew if he got on my nerves in the middle of the duel?

"If I can make him cancel this duel, will you let him go?" she asked with the same hesitation.

Her question made me turn to her. My smirk disappeared.

"He wants you. Does that mean you're going to give yourself to him?" My threat was clear in my tone.

93